Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

In the meantime, I would strongly suggest that anybody that tries to drag this stuff into other threads is not going to be satisfied with how that turns out.

Feel free to talk about how it impacts the Bills, stadium experience, etc in this thread, but please keep it limited to this thread so it doesn't consume the entire forum.

Thank you

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Yeah, doesn't work.  I was in the clinical trial, so they haven't accounted for the fact that people like me got the shot over a year ago.  

Have you tried their assistance feature?

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=6rhs9AB5EE2M64Dowcge52kVjlOhKQ1Fm_dnC-fVXb5UQ1RIWlZLS0NEV0kwS0Y4N01aSko2QzlDSiQlQCN0PWcu

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unlocked this topic
40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Will try to go through and clean up, but right now this thing is a mess

We got people playing immunologist, people making threats after calling others sheep, on and on

Thank you for your hard work. It can't be easy with so many replies. Go Bills!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Will try to go through and clean up, but right now this thing is a mess

We got people playing immunologist, people making threats after calling others sheep, on and on

Appreciate the pause and cleanup. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I literally just had covid.  

They want me to get a shot to come to a game.  It honestly makes no sense, but it is what it is.  

Love the Bills, hate the state I grew up in. 

i had covid too, pretty bad as well. didn't get delta so got the shot. ain't messin around!!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

donald-duck-tip-toe.gif

That sums my feelings up perfectly 😂
I wish everyone the best on this thread. I’m going to excuse myself and stick to reactions only. One ban is enough for me. I learnt my lesson once the mods are agitated with our behavior 😜😜😜

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I wish everyone the best on this thread. I’m going to excuse myself and stick to reactions only. One ban is enough for me. I learnt my lesson once the mods are agitated with our behavior 😜😜😜

Yep me too. Trying to keep my point total down…. Granted exact opposite I want from the Bills and their point total. I may throw in the random Gif. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It is afternoon right now.  We're most dangerous when frustrated before we've had the second morning cuppa Joe

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

donald-duck-tip-toe.gif

I have to be 100% honest, I hadn't bought tickets to any games yet this year, but with the new policy, I might now. It might just be in my head, but I'll feel more comfortable. My sister went to a concert at the stadium recently and it was smooth getting in, even with them checking. They used to scan tickets and people got in quickly enough. The security will just have to be trained on how to spot fakes, quickly check dates etc.

This is a shame because it is not the choice of the Bills and it divides a fan base in a year where Buffalo is a legitimate super bowl contender.

I am glad that they are offering refunds for those who prefer not to be vaccinated and hope that all Bills fans regardless of where they stand can respect each other and realize that we are all on the same team at the end of the day.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

What is needed for a medical exemption? A drs. note?

Dude, Give It a Rest.

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/health-and-safety

image.png

Now perhaps it will come out that "No Exceptions" means "well, OK, if you know someone who knows someone and the moon is over the formahaut and the stars align correctly".  But for right now, for purposes of this discussion, "No Exceptions" means "No Exceptions".

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SDS said:

this was just inside. I think my daughter and I were the only people who had masks on in our outdoor seats.

Section 134, my wife and I had our masks on the entire game.  Outdoors.  And it was odd, even though I would put mask wearing people in outdoor seats at about 5%, the two women in front of us had their masks on, and the two women beside us had theirs on.  Definitely the minority though.  It was our choice, so, it didn't bother me that nobody was really wearing masks.  To each their own.  We knew we were making the choice to be somewhere that people weren't going to be wearing masks.

However, the Bills Mgmt looked like idiots the day before inside of the Bills store.  And again, we knew people weren't going to wear masks, so I' have no problem with people not wearing masks.  However, if you are going to announce rules about mask wearing in certain areas of the stadium, and not follow them one bit.....IMO......the Bills themselves caused a bunch of this mandate as well.  Hardly any people were wearing masks in the packed Bills Store on Saturday.  And to boot, half of the cashiers weren't either......OR........they had them pulled down below their nose or on their chin.  If the Bills employees themselves weren't wearing them, or not wearing them properly.....come on.  Just don't even mandate it then.  

The Bills attempt at enforcing even an area, that could have easily been enforced, was a joke.  I'm not surprised there is now a vaccine mandate.  Poor effort all around to enforce any part of what was made a big deal that they were requiring in certain parts of the stadium.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

This is a shame because it is not the choice of the Bills and it divides a fan base in a year where Buffalo is a legitimate super bowl contender.

I am glad that they are offering refunds for those who prefer not to be vaccinated and hope that all Bills fans regardless of where they stand can respect each other and realize that we are all on the same team at the end of the day.

But if you get a refund on your seasons you will lose the perks and seniority. Something to think about there. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

What is needed for a medical exemption? A drs. note?

Frustrated Head GIF

Just now, Beast said:

Hope I'm not crossing the line with this question but is it Erie County, the Bills or both behind this?

If it was answered earlier, my apologies.

Erie County and Bills. It was a joint decision buy what has been said. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1