Couple of questions for my first Buffalo trip this week for opening day!

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not when you have an iron stomach. If he eats a bunch vs. just two burritos, then yes, a problem.  I’ll agree in the sense that I eat them only once every year or two, I splurge which is not my norm, so in that sense, you’re right brother.

In my meat eating days I couldn’t stop at one or two.  They’re so good.  But then things get so bad.  The mighty pack for $7 was the perfect lunch for someone with a high metabolism. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

4. Abbott’s Pizza in West Seneca

You know Harry, the original owner of Blasdell Pizza and his family the Gearys borrowed the recipe from Abbott which is why at least when I lived there was exactly the same.

I used to deliver for Blasdell my first two years in college before working for the Buff News.  

Back then (90’s) you couldnt

tell the difference.  Pepperoni well done, Extra sauce.  Sucks b/c I can order from MT and have it sent down here.  I can’t ship a Blasdell so when my sisters fly down on vacation they each bring me two pizza subs.  I totally blow the chicken, turkey,

fish diet and eat both of them in 24 hours.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Beef on weck isn't special. It's a roast beef sandwich on a salty roll. There's a reason it hasn't become popular outside of Buffalo. I suppose you should try it once, but just don't have high expectations. To be totally honest, a French dip or even just a classic roast beef from Arby's have more flavor. I've had Schwabl's, Charlie the Butcher, Duff's, and numerous others over the years, and the sandwich is consistently disappointing.

Hello, Giuseppe. Have you ever been described as "drizzle on a sunny day" before? 

• Haha (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Macy's makes crazy creative pizzas but I honestly think there are 3 better pizzerias within 2 miles lol 

Zahz on Cayuga , johnnies on union road and Gandys on union road all put out better pies than Macy's IMO

macys was a good basic b*tch Buffalo pie years ago but decent value, and so is La Bella kinda cross the street for a mountain of Italian food rather than a pie

is Zahz the one that’s kind of a block past Charlie the butcher toward airport? Might need to give it a go at some point. Them being so proximate might be a good excuse to combo break.

One Pie on Clinton/Rossler was my pre shutdown go-to if I happened to be around there on a weekday, or Bellevue on Como Park for fish fry on Friday.

Edited by Ralonzo

22 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hey guys, 

As a lot of you know from a thread a couple months ago, I am coming to Buffalo for my first time for opening day against the Steelers!  My now fiance bought us tickets to come and I couldn't be more excited!  I have a couple of questions was wondering about...

1. As a first timer, what is the best place to go experience Bills Mafia tailgating?  
    1. Do I need to buy a ticket or anything to get into those areas like Hammers Lot or the Grass lots?
  2. I got a lot of advice in my last thread on things like where to get wings, but who has the best Beef on Weck?
  3. We plan on doing at least one find dining spot, any recommendations for that?  
  4. I hear we need to try some pizza too...what is the cant miss pizza spot?

You're 1st Bills home game experience will be something you will never forget. Post some pics if you can or if you want to. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There's a ton of good places for pizza but I think if you're looking for an authentic "Buffalo" pizza I think you go with tradition, Bocce or La Nova. Casa, and Franco's and Blasdell and all those other places are great too.

I think the Anchor Bar is worth a trip too, the original one on Main St. They still make a great beef on weck and obviously it's where wings began. I'd put Gabriels Gate's wings on par with them as well. They're my favorite wing spots in town. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

macys was a good basic b*tch Buffalo pie years ago but decent value, and so is La Bella kinda cross the street for a mountain of Italian food rather than a pie

is Zahz the one that’s kind of a block past Charlie the butcher toward airport? Might need to give it a go at some point. Them being so proximate might be a good excuse to combo break.

One Pie on Clinton/Rossler was my pre shutdown go-to if I happened to be around there on a weekday, or Bellevue on Como Park for fish fry on Friday.

Yes it is