That's a bold pick. Scotty, "Swinging for the fence."

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Week 1 : Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 2 : Cleveland Browns 

Week 3 : Baltimore Ravens

Week 4: Kansas City Chiefs

Week 5: Tennessee Titans  over Jacksonville Jaguars

That's a bold pick. Scotty, "Swinging for the fence."

Yeah I have to pick the Jets sometime.  Wish I picked em last week haha.  Eventually everyone is going to have to be bold.  There are some crappy teams out there. For the record, my first choice was what you picked then I decided to go bolder.

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah I have to pick the Jets sometime.  Wish I picked em last week haha.  Eventually everyone is going to have to be bold.  There are some crappy teams out there. For the record, my first choice was what you picked then I decided to go bolder.

No, you don't.

38 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't?  I'm new to this.  I don't know why I thought I had to pick every team when there are 32 teams and only 17 weeks ugh.  I may rethink that pick then damn.

No worries. Generally, the more people in a survivor pool, the more risk you can take on with your picks because there will inevitably be some big favorite that loses and knocks a bunch of people out at once. To win a large survivor pool, you might need to stand out from the crowd. Of course I wouldn't want to take a big risk every week. In a small survivor pool, going with more consensus picks might be a better strategy as others might take an unnecessary risk early in the season and lose. As always, YMMV.

Edited by Tommy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No worries. Generally, the more people in a survivor pool, the more risk you can take on with your picks because there will inevitably be some big favorite that loses and knocks a bunch of people out at once. To win a large survivor pool, you might need to stand out from the crowd. Of course I wouldn't want to take a big risk every week. In a small survivor pool, going with more consensus picks might be a better strategy as others might take an unnecessary risk early in the season and lose. As always, YMMV.

Thanks for the advice.  I decided to just stay with my pick anyways.  If the Jets win I am still in and I will remember this for the future picks. If the Jets lose I will remember all this for next year.

This is going to be a tough week.  Many favorites are on the road.  I'm leaning Tampa over Philadelphia or Cinci over Detroit.   I already pick the Packers and Rams.  Pittsburgh at home against the Seahawks also looks like a decent choice but neither team is playing well.  But Ben likely beats Geno at home.  

Week 1: Rams over Bears

Week 2: Packers over Lions

Week 3: Denver over Jets

Week 4: Bills over Texans

Week 5 : Dallas over the Giants

Week 6: ???

On 10/5/2021 at 7:01 AM, Seoulofstone said:

Week 1 Panthers

Week 2 Browns

Week 3 Raiders 

Week 4 Bengals

Week 5 The Buffalo Bills. I am confident that the Bills are a more complete team this year than they have ever been. KC defense has been a noticeable weakness this year. Obviously a tough match up but it was always my intention to take the toughest team on the Bills schedule. Live and die by this team. Crush it lads.

I'm so chuffed that the Bills won . I'm usually rubbish at survivor so with confidence flowing I have decided to pick all different opposing teams to make it even harder for myself. I don't expect I will last much longer with this bold strategy.

Week 1 Panthers over Jets

Week 2 Browns over Texans

Week 3 Raiders over Dolphins

Week 4 Bengals over Jags

Week 5 Bills over Chiefs

Week 6 Steelers over Seahawks. As mentioned previously this is all about Geno Smith versus the Steelers D.  Picking against the Seahawks while Rus is down just seems like a smart move.

Week 6 (b)

Cowboys over Patriots. I don't see the Pats keeping up with Dak.

Edited by Seoulofstone
Adding second pick

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.