Season-long survivor pool thread

Doc

On 10/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Can someone link me to the updates or update this page on who is in or out etc just curious 

still looking for an answer to this 

Week1: Rams over Bears

Week2: Bucs over Falcons

Week3: Broncos over Jets

Week 4: Bills over Texans 

Week5: Tough week with who I picked but I’m gonna go: 

Patriots over Texans 

On 10/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Can someone link me to the updates or update this page on who is in or out etc just curious 

I'm still alive . . .

Week 1 : Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 2 : Cleveland Browns 

Week 3 : Baltimore Ravens

Week 4: Kansas City Chiefs

Doing my homework for this week: deciding between whomever the Texans, Fins, or Jets are playing???

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I'm still alive . . .

Week 1 : Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 2 : Cleveland Browns 

Week 3 : Baltimore Ravens

Week 4: Kansas City Chiefs

Doing my homework for this week: deciding between whomever the Texans, Fins, or Jets are playing???

I honestly thought about Packers over Bengals then remembered how bad the Texans are with Davis Mills and figured the Pats can’t screw that up but I wish they do 

On 10/3/2021 at 5:45 PM, Doc said:

I'm out.  Also lost 5 of my 20 picks taking Titans and Saints.  But that knocked out 2,874 picks.  I should have stuck with my original plan of taking 10 Bengals and 10 Bills, but I wanted to save the Bills for later.  Dumb.

I’m in two pools, 3 picks each.  Lost 1 pick in one of the pools with NO but survived the other 5 with 3 BUF picks, 1 KC, and 1 CIN.  Both pools are down to 46% of overall entries left.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:37 AM, Seoulofstone said:

Week 1 Panthers

Week 2 Browns

Week 3 Raiders

Week 4 Bengals over Jax. The Bungles have surprised me this year. Their defense for once isn't abysmal, and they score points. In both of these ways they differ from the Jags.

Week 1 Panthers

Week 2 Browns

Week 3 Raiders 

Week 4 Bengals

Week 5 The Buffalo Bills. I am confident that the Bills are a more complete team this year than they have ever been. KC defense has been a noticeable weakness this year. Obviously a tough match up but it was always my intention to take the toughest team on the Bills schedule. Live and die by this team. Crush it lads.

51 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Week 1 Panthers

Week 2 Browns

Week 3 Raiders 

Week 4 Bengals

Week 5 The Buffalo Bills. I am confident that the Bills are a more complete team this year than they have ever been. KC defense has been a noticeable weakness this year. Obviously a tough match up but it was always my intention to take the toughest team on the Bills schedule. Live and die by this team. Crush it lads.

That's ballsy.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Week 1: Rams over Bears

Week 2: Packers over Lions

Week 3: Denver over Jets

Week 4: Bills over Texans

Week 5 : Dallas over the Giants

As above I was leaning Tampa but I'm going to save them for a later day.  Dallas at home against a not very good Giants team seems safer than Green Bay on the road. Baltimore should handle the Colts but after what Harbaugh did at the end of the game last week, karma might bite his ass and embarrass him on national TV

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Patriots over Texans is the correct play this week. Save your better teams for later on when you need them. Thats why I went Bengals last week. Going Bengals then Patriots back to back is how you win a survivor pool. 

And you didn’t learn by playing with fire this past week?  If Lawrence sneaks in from the 1 to go up 21-0, the Bengals lose that game.  Mighty close call there…you can’t get too cute in this game.  The Bills were the play last week.

That being said I like the Pats way better than Cinci on Thursday night.  I try to avoid road teams and if I wanted to use NE, can still use them at home vs Jets.  Tampa, Dallas, or Minny are the plays this week in my mind.

Week 1: LAR

Week 2: CLE

Week 3: DEN

Week 4: BUF

Week 5: NE

Week 6, 1: 

Week 6, 2: 

Posting in this format so I don't forget to do two picks next week.

19 hours ago, Stretch said:

And you didn’t learn by playing with fire this past week?  If Lawrence sneaks in from the 1 to go up 21-0, the Bengals lose that game.  Mighty close call there…you can’t get too cute in this game.  The Bills were the play last week.

That being said I like the Pats way better than Cinci on Thursday night.  I try to avoid road teams and if I wanted to use NE, can still use them at home vs Jets.  Tampa, Dallas, or Minny are the plays this week in my mind.

Road teams have a winning record this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, hjnick said:

Week 1: LARams over Chicago

Week 2: Cleveland over Houston

Week 3: Denver over NY Jests

Week 4: Cincinnati over Jacksonville

how do we know how many ppl are left in the Pool? 

Week 5: Minnesota over Detroit

Sorry I’m a dummy, but I can’t find the blue link to see who all is left.

22 hours ago, Stretch said:

Ive won back to back survivor pools, $2200 the first year and $2800 last season. I am not saying this to brag, I am saying this to say the strategy works. You HAVE to "Get cute" to win it all. You can pick obvious favorites/what everyone else picks week to week, but all you are doing is kicking the can down the road. 

Pick good matchups every week, absolutely. But you have to pick against the grain. I didnt pick the Bills last week like over 50 percent of my league did, and now I can use them later in the season when most remaining people have already used them (think: free week). 

It doesn't matter if you get knocked out week 4 or week 14, your still getting knocked out, thats why you have to "take smart chances" - like the bengals last week (and I agree, I hate taking anything in a thursday matchup), and the Patriots this week. They are still plus matchups, but not the heavily taken favorite.

I also try my best to avoid division games, no matter how big the favorite is, because anything can happen in division games.

Just my 2 cents in how I have been winning my survivor pools. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Week 5: Minnesota over Detroit

Sorry I’m a dummy, but I can’t find the blue link to see who all is left.

it’s funny how no one answers this question even tho it’s been asked 5 times now. Where is the link or the updates standings. I have no idea where this majestic blue link is either. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.