Bills, Steelers week 1 temperature check

18 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

And are we taking the temperature orally, rectally or with one of those forehead scanners?  Makes a big difference in my opinion, but any way you do it I'm predicting the Bills in a solid win before a rocking home crowd.  Steelers' O-line will have at least 3 false start penalties because of the noise!

Speaking of the crowd I hope we don't see to many terrible towels among the 72,000. No matter where the game is played the Steelers fans represent in strong numbers. I just hope with expectations sky high and the fans back in the stadium for the first time since 2019 that Bills fans can minimize the amount of Steelers fans in the stadium.

I think the stadium won't be full, no matter what they announce I doubt 72,000 are there,  About 10,000 to 15,000 attendees (15-20% of the total) of Bills' home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium come from southern Ontario and they won't be able to cross the border for this one.

Plus I generally peak at tickets for sale in my section every year for the home opener and this year the number of seats available has been going up week over week, not down, which suggests there isn't a great after market for tickets. 

Steelers wise I think the stadium will be absolutely rocking with a fairly full house and a Bills win to start the season.  

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Like some before stated, it's going to be a dog fight. The first games of a season are always crazy & unpredictable. Look how many time the Drought-years Bills came on super strong in the first few games in the season only to sink back into obscurity, mathematically eliminating themselves by November.

The Bills are no doubt the superior team and will have a better record when it's all said and done, but don't count out a very hungry Steelers team (who I predict will win the North.) Big Ben won't have the wear & tear and both teams won't have any film on each other from this season.

I predict a high scoring game as the defenses having quite caught up. 31-28 Bills w/ Bass kicking the game winner. 

a team that buckled down the stretch last year and is now has 8 new starters is gonna win that division? i'd bet the farm that doesnt happen. in fact i'd be way more surprised with them winning the division than i would be with them missing the playoffs all together.

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Valid points. I think the defense will come together by week 5-6. And Daboll is going to tweak the offensive scheme to make the run game serviceable and don't forget Allen's mandatory 600+ 8-10 TDs on the ground. And I don't think Allen really has any weaknesses other than his fumbling and (if you even call this a weakness) always looking for the big play even if there's a safer option to check down to. I feel he is the hardest QB to scheme against because he's such a good improviser and runner. 

his points are lame. come on man. the bills just went 13-3 and are returning the whole squad with what looks to be upgrades to a new at pass rush..... its OKAY to be confident in this team.

18 minutes ago, driddles said:

I think the stadium won't be full, no matter what they announce I doubt 72,000 are there,  About 10,000 to 15,000 attendees (15-20% of the total) of Bills' home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium come from southern Ontario and they won't be able to cross the border for this one.

Plus I generally peak at tickets for sale in my section every year for the home opener and this year the number of seats available has been going up week over week, not down, which suggests there isn't a great after market for tickets. 

Steelers wise I think the stadium will be absolutely rocking with a fairly full house and a Bills win to start the season.  

Disagree 100%.  The stadium will be totally full.  It's the first time in two years that almost everyone can come back.  The Bills are a great team and the Steelers are a marquee franchise. Steelers fans travel well, are close by, and Bills fans are excited.  The demand for this game is/will be through the roof.  In my section, tickets are listed on the aftermarket at least double face value.    

The biggest thing that sucks is if the Canadian Season Ticket holders have to put their tickets up for sale, that will open the market big time to Pittsburgh fans, and that sucks.  At the same time, however, those tickets will be gobbled up easily on the secondary market.

This game will be packed.  There's 0% chance that every seat isn't filled.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Something tells me Bills Fans feel the TEAM is better than they really are.  We couldn't run the ball effectively most of last season and what has changed for 2021?  Teams have had a year to figure out Allen's weaknesses!  Our defense wasn't  great - scary at times - and 2 rookie pass rushers may not make it much different?  

It as if you haven’t been paying attention to the entire off season. 

You do realize you are describing a 13-3 regular season record division winning team, that was one game away from the SB right? 

Go Bills!!!

I think this could be tougher than most of us would like to think. Ben is supposed to be healthier and arm is still fresh. That defense is really tough. It's going to be a fight. 

I think the tipping point will be the youth and aggressive play of out D-line against thier revamped o-line.  I expect low scoring early season action. 20-16 Bills win with a game sealing INT by Taron.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

14 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

The biggest thing that sucks is if the Canadian Season Ticket holders have to put their tickets up for sale, that will open the market big time to Pittsburgh fans, and that sucks.  At the same time, however, those tickets will be gobbled up easily on the secondary market.

There's no if we have to put our seats up for sale, we either don't go or we sell.  My rep said about 10% of STH are Canadian, so that's probably about 6,500 seats that had to go back into the market.  We could either take a lowball offer from the Bills and have them buy back the seats or we put them on the aftermarket.   

Just look at Ticketmaster and stub hub every day, seats don't look like they are being gobbled up, they are stagnant.  The Bills are charging $460 for a similar seat they offered me $100 for.  The price of football in Buffalo is going up.  Maybe the sales will pick up once Sept 1st hits.  I'd rather the stadium be full and I hate missing another season opener, I just don't think it will be.  Probably be about 68K actually in the stadium for this one.

Just now, driddles said:

There's no if we have to put our seats up for sale, we either don't go or we sell.  My rep said about 10% of STH are Canadian, so that's probably about 6,500 seats that had to go back into the market.  We could either take a lowball offer from the Bills and have them buy back the seats or we put them on the aftermarket.   

Just look at Ticketmaster and stub hub every day, seats don't look like they are being gobbled up, they are stagnant.  The Bills are charging $460 for a similar seat they offered me $100 for.  The price of football in Buffalo is going up.  Maybe the sales will pick up once Sept 1st hits.  I'd rather the stadium be full and I hate missing another season opener, I just don't think it will be.  Probably be about 68K actually in the stadium for this one.

I guarantee this game will be full.  With how connected the world is nowadays, there are always tickets listed for sale, and in what seems like large-ish numbers online for any game in both college and pro.  This game will be full 100% in person.   It most likely will be the best atmosphere in the NFL week 1.  Nothing better than a rising franchise wanting to send a close by marquee franshise home reeling.  Another great game on paper is obviously Cleveland at KC.  If that game was in Cleveland, it would give our atmosphere a run, but it's in KC.  And while KC is a great NFL city, after you start winning all of time, your crowd gets a bit mellow in the regular season.

Our game has all of the ingredients that the NFL is going to want to show, and the stadium will be full.   There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

I'm thinking Emanuel sanders (former Steeler) has his welcome to Buffalo game and the Bills romp.

It will be our 2/3 cb/wr against theirs and I like our odds. I also like our DL against their oline especially considering Ben doesn't move much. If we can stop the run their offense is going to be short passing again and they haven't really improved from last year. It'll be close for the first half and then we'll hit the gas in the second.

After having beaten the Steelers the last two times out, I think we're due for a loss here.

In 2019, we faced Duck Hodges. Enough said.

In 2020, the Steelers were completely one-dimensional on offense. The Bills defense didn't have to worry about the running game and they knew it.

This year, with Najee Harris in the fold, I believe the Steelers will be able to run the ball more effectively and it will give their offense enough balance to hang with the Bills. I also think that a healthy week 1 Steelers defense will be harder to throw on than some here would like to admit.

I'm not a negative Nancy, I promise. I still have the Bills winning the division. I just don't think they win the Steelers game. Pittsburgh is a well-coached team with talented players, an imposing defense, a Hall of Fame quarterback, and a great head coach. I think they take this one. 

Edited by Logic

14 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know if you're a betting man, but if so I think there would be a large amount of ppl that would take you up on that lol

Bills fans? Confident their team -- coming off a 13-3 season -- will win a home opener against a team they've beaten twice in two years? I don't buy it! 😋

Edited by Logic

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills fans? Confident their team -- coming off a 13-3 season -- will win a home opener against a team they've beaten twice in two years? I don't buy it! 😋

Lol, I know right... Why do you feel Bills lose though? I mean your post said because we are due for a loss. You are a level headed poster so to be sure that can't be the only reason you think Bills lose?

13 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, I know right... Why do you feel Bills lose though? I mean your post said because we are due for a loss. You are a level headed poster so to be sure that can't be the only reason you think Bills lose?

As I also alluded to in that post, there are two main reasons.

I think the Steelers running game will be better this year with Najee Harris in the fold, making their offense less one-dimensional. We also play them earlier in the year than we have recently, meaning old man Roethlisberger's arm will likely be fresher.

Additionally, if I recall correctly, their defense was missing some key parts the last couple of times we faced them. Assuming their defense is at full strength for this matchup, I think they'll give the Bills offense a harder time than some might think. 

The combination of a more balanced offense, healthier defense, fresher quarterback, and quality coaching on the opposite sideline lead me to believe this is no gimme, and the Steelers might take it. I also think the crowd will be insane at Highmark Stadium and the Bills might be a little too amped up. I need to see the Bills operating at the same level as last year now that they'll be front of a full, frenzied stadium before I believe that it definitely will happen. 

Edited by Logic