Bills claim WR Rico Gafford and DT Joey Ivie

HOUSE

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:
  3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They had Eddie Yarbrough a year or two ago, seem to like Wyoming in general.

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

and the Bills had John Wendling

I really liked watching Wendling play at UW as a kid -- he was one of my favorites. I remember a video of his crazy high vertical; wish I could find it...

He's probably an extreme long shot to make the team, but Rico Gafford instantly becomes the fastest player on the Bills, and it's not that close.  He ran a 4.25 40 at his pro day.  It looks as if perhaps the Bills are sending a message to Isaiah McKenzie that he ought not muff too many more punts.

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Thought Milano was also on the Covid list of being sent home??

So guess these are just bodies for Saturdays game.  With some many players out now, wonder if Josh will even play Saturday or will sit him to be safe?? 

The Bills sent Milano and Klein home as precautions, but the NFL determined that they were not close contacts when reviewing the data and therefore both are free to come back and neither are on the COVID list.

Yes - these guys are just bodies most likely the same as the 2 guys yesterday - the Bills are just trying to balance the roster a bit so more starters can sit.  

With the expanded PS - if some of these guys come in with good attitudes and show a little something - they might stick as PS guys.  I think a couple that were released yesterday may end up on the PS also.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I predict there will be guys playing for the Bills on Saturday who are not even household names in their own household. I believe Brandon Beane's coffee guy might get reps at right tackle. 

That’s funny… I could see randoms in the 4th, but I think a lot of starters will play early.

• Disagree 2

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chiefs 1s are playing the whole 1st half, and maybe longer per Andy Reid 

I could see playing anyone who is healthy, except for Josh, as a final tuneup, but wouldn’t be surprised if no starters played.

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

I could see playing anyone who is healthy, except for Josh, as a final tuneup, but wouldn’t be surprised if no starters played.

IMO, Josh should play the first offensive series along with a unit that includes Rico Gafford, Tanner Gentry and Jacob Hollister. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

and for what it's worth Rico Gafford played CB at Wyoming. 

Also for what it's worth and a little known fact but he also played running back in various circumstances at Iowa Western before coming to Wyoming.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chiefs 1s are playing the whole 1st half, and maybe longer per Andy Reid 

Good for them.....The Bills played NO pre season last year and IIRC they did OK.....well maybe better than OK.  I fully realize an injury is only a play away but do the Bills really need to see JA17 playing?  Diggs? or really any other starter?

OK - I will play the game....lets do it all bass ackwards....Bills can START all the 3rd and lower depth guys.....the 4th quarter bring in Josh, Diggs and whom ever it is that "needs" game action.....bottom line I would MUCH rather see no one injured before the games that count.  AT least the starters.  Hell our #1 and #4-5 receivers were taken out by OUR OWN GUYS!!!!!

Go BILLS!

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

IMO, Josh should play the first offensive series along with a unit that includes Rico Gafford, Tanner Gentry and Jacob Hollister.

Also for what it's worth and a little known fact but he also played running back in various circumstances at Iowa Western before coming to Wyoming.

To your first sentence......that there is some crazy Wyoming fan boy sheet.  Nah....no reason for it at all......the is the NFL, not the CFL or the XFL.  Don't get butthurt by the reply.....Josh DOESN'T need to play this game at all.......remember 17 (hmmmmmm might be an omen!?), hopefully 20 games this season will last!!

To your second sentence....good to know Gafford plays a lot of spots.....a swiss army knife so to speak!  I like him already!  Hopefully he gets a lot of looks and lands somewhere...maybe the Bills maybe not.