Annual Way Too Early Mock Draft '22 edition

thunderingsquid

This post might shock people, but should the Bills be looking at safety in 2022?  If so Alabama has just the player we need. I mean, we WILL be picking last!!!

https://www.on3.com/college/alabama-crimson-tide/news/jordan-battle-emerging-leader-alabama-crimson-tide-defense-nick-saban/

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/22/2021 at 3:34 PM, thunderingsquid said:

1. Jordan Davis IDL Georgia 

2. Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio State

3. Ed Ingram IOL LSU

4. Grant Gibson C NC State

5. Raleigh Texada CB Baylor 

6. Kolby Harvell-Peel S Oklahoma State 

7. LD Brown RB Oklahoma State 

7. Christian Jones OT Texas 

inauguration-joker.gif

Nice!! Davis is a massive DT, 6’7” 340 lbs. I’m going to Iowa State for my TE/RB with Charlie Kolar and Breece Hall. Center is definitely a need position. I think Ryan Bates can handle the spot, but would like to draft one. Not as concerned about DBs as everyone else. Like Dane Jackson and Nick McCloud potential. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Jordan Davis really showed out Saturday night. Looking like a lock at a 1st round pick. Probably well before we go at #32.

That entire UGA defense showed out Saturday night. I haven't seen a Clemson team look that confused or just downright dejected in over a decade. They couldn't get anything going on offense. 

Edited by H2o

Just now, H2o said:

That entire UGA defense showed out Saturday night. I haven't seen a Clemson team look that confused or just downright dejected in over a decade. They couldn't get anything going on offense. 

Agreed. I think most of it has to do with that inexperienced QB. He left a lot of easy yards on the field when he refused to scramble, or just tuck it and run. (And UGA being pretty good of course)

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed. I think most of it has to do with that inexperienced QB. He left a lot of easy yards on the field when he refused to scramble, or just tuck it and run. (And UGA being pretty good of course)

I think the QB is part of it, but their OL was pretty bad and you could tell the difference without Etienne in the backfield. Goodness is the UGA defense fast though. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, H2o said:

I think the QB is part of it, but their OL was pretty bad and you could tell the difference without Etienne in the backfield. Goodness is the UGA defense fast though. 

They have had a pretty good run of it with Watson and then transitioning almost straight into Trevor Lawrence. I didn't see the game but sounds like an undertalented group by recent Clemson standards. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have had a pretty good run of it with Watson and then transitioning almost straight into Trevor Lawrence. I didn't see the game but sounds like an undertalented group by recent Clemson standards. 

The OL wasn’t good last year either and now it’s worse. They don’t recruit or develop well on the OL relative to their other positions. Even when they get a highly rated stud like Jackson Carman he underperforms because he’s lazy and now he’s busting in the nfl. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:28 PM, Bill from NYC said:

This post might shock people, but should the Bills be looking at safety in 2022?  If so Alabama has just the player we need. I mean, we WILL be picking last!!!

https://www.on3.com/college/alabama-crimson-tide/news/jordan-battle-emerging-leader-alabama-crimson-tide-defense-nick-saban/

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the position is Safety then look no further than Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame. Had a great game against Florida State. Watch the highlight of his second interception. Covers an insane amount of ground. However he’ll likely be gone before we pick.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

If the position is Safety then look no further than Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame. Had a great game against Florida State. Watch the highlight of his second interception. Covers an insane amount of ground. However he’ll likely be gone before we pick.

Nice play and he looks like a big kid!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.