Feliciano's Presser and tip to the Offense

Though what it will be, is no surprise to any here; yet still, Feliciano gave us a clue to the Bills offense with his statements. The OG is down 30lbs and said he's been all about conditioning and riding the bike. Feliciano said something like, "We're probably gonna throw 60 or 70 times. So I needed to be fit and fast." He smiled and added, "I'm so fast now, I need to slow down out there."

Jon also said he is as healthy as he has been.

The O-Line is getting ready to run with Josh and buy him time. I am so pumped.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/dawson-knox-the-versatility-we-have-is-crazy

Edited by foreboding
added link

It tells us for sure that they are staying with the zone run-blocking scheme and not returning to a man based scheme like from 2 years ago. Zone requires the more athletic and lateral movement traits in linemen. Definitely makes it more of a challenge for folks like John to make the starting lineup, along with Singletary (as BADOL pointed out in another thread).

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, foreboding said:

Though what it will be, is no surprise to any here; yet still, Feliciano gave us a clue to the Bills offense with his statements. The OG is down 30lbs and said he's been all about conditioning and riding the bike. Feliciano said something like, "We're probably gonna throw 60 or 70 times. So I needed to be fit and fast." He smiled and added, "I'm so fast now, I need to slow down out there."

Regarding Feliciano's weight loss, I'm actually not sure that's a good thing for a guy who has really only been above average on this best days.

Will reserve final judgement later but still have mild concerns regarding the interior oline as a whole.

13 hours ago, foreboding said:

Feliciano said that he wasn't asked to lose weight to that target by the Bills though.

So I dunno if maybe he's below his weight target? 

Anyone know what kind of target range the OLmen get?

Mongo has to be kidding about "we're probably going to throw 60 or 70 times" (unless he's talking about over the course of a practice?)

For reference, last season the top team for passing attempts was the Steelers, who had an embarassing lack of run game.  They had 656 pass attempts on the season, which averages to 41 times a game.

Moderator infighting at this point in the season?? Not a good sign.

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This topic being discussed in depth in other threads. Please use the search function before starting new threads.

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I remember seeing discussion - I think in the practice and press conference thread

Then I had a couple searches and couldn't find said discussion.

So re-opening, seems reasonable topic to discuss

• Haha (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

It tells us for sure that they are staying with the zone run-blocking scheme and not returning to a man based scheme like from 2 years ago. Zone requires the more athletic and lateral movement traits in linemen. Definitely makes it more of a challenge for folks like John to make the starting lineup, along with Singletary (as BADOL pointed out in another thread).

But you think Moss will thrive in it? Or they're just gonna run Breida into the ground? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Moderator infighting at this point in the season?? Not a good sign.

The Bickering Bills Board

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Regarding Feliciano's weight loss, I'm actually not sure that's a good thing for a guy who has really only been above average on this best days.

Will reserve final judgement later but still have mild concerns regarding the interior oline as a whole.

idk man, I thought Mongo was a bit out of shape last season, which was understandable given the nature of his injury. I don't think his play would necessarily suffer from being a bit quicker and in better overall shape. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

But you think Moss will thrive in it? Or they're just gonna run Breida into the ground? 🤔

I am curious to see the approach. Moss and Breida are more suited to it, but there's a chance Singletary can adjust and still be interchangeable between the 3 of them. He's a good pass protector like Moss is so... we shall see.