Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure the contract breakdown is already buried in here from last night, but I saw a tweet that the Bills can get out of the deal in 2 years unscathed. Is that accurate?

This is the best breakdown I've seen from Mike Florio.    Click the screencap to embiggen.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/06/inside-the-josh-allen-deal/

Some others have the numbers, but not the details on what parts are guaranteed when

I think the key detail Geary and others are missing is that the 2022 option bonus is fully guaranteed at signing, as is Allen's base salary through 2023.

image.thumb.png.c63f35bea5c5b211a930ae0457bd114b.png

4 hours ago, wjag said:

This might be the nicest Nick has been to Josh when talking about him.  I know it may not be a popular opinion on here, but I like Nick Wright.  Sure he is a Chief's fan and fanboy of MyMahommy.  But watching him speak about Josh over the last year, he is grudgingly coming around.  And maybe that is just the best testament of Josh Allen.  Slowly, surely, inevitably, he is winning over his toughest critcs.  He is the least egocentric NFL player I can remember.  He not only elevates his play and his teammates, but he is a great interview.  He never gives you a cringe moment.  His charisma smarms the interviewers, fans and critics alike.  I have so many non-Bills fans, being an expat, that tell me they love watching the Bills and Josh Allen now.  There is something about his story, his withering criticisms he endured by the media, and his humbling worth ethic that just draws you in.  And we get to enjoy the ride for the next 8 years.

Allen is playing like Brady -  Always with a chip on the shoulder....always having doubters and haters...and folks who are waiting to prove him wrong every time he makes a mistake.  And that is fine by the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A solid deal for both sides. Josh gets the big bag and the big guarantee. The Bills while not getting a "favorable" deal did get a solid deal and now can build out their future knowing exactly what Josh's contract will be. The Bills also keep their franchise QB (God that feels good to say) in place for the foreseeable future. 

And fans that expected him to take much less, or give the Bills a discount because "reasons" can go cry now.

He's making just less than Mahomes, the highest paid player in the league, and you know what... that's exactly what he deserves as a young, talented franchise QB. I'm just saying this for anyone who even so much as thought Josh should've taken less just to be a nice guy. It's the NFL, you should get paid what you're worth!

Get your money now, and in time if you want to chase more rings (gotta assume we're going to win at least one SB right? lol), sure, take a cut if you want to help sign some more help. But until then, get every penny you can!

As long as he keeps working hard as always, the money is well spent! I just want to say congrats to Josh, congrats to the Bills, congrats to the fans! It's not our money, so let's just be happy for the guy getting paid :) 

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I have some experience, with matters such as these. Believe me. It is more than possible!

If Allen Incorporates as 'Josh Allen Inc.', he can take advantage of Corp tax rates, by having the Buffalo Bills pay his salary, and bonuses to the 'Corporation'. As an Officer of the Corporation, Allen can pay himself a salary FROM the Corporation, that can be anything. ($50k?) He can make investments, and file for exempt status for those investments with NYS form CT-3.1. Allen's cash isn't going to sit in the bank, so he will have much to work with, in terms of investments, and deductions from those investments. Here is a current NYS tax table, that highlights the State's rates for Corporations: 

TaxTable.jpg

As you can see, New York State Corporate tax rates are pretty low. When Corp Tax Credits enter the picture, it becomes ridiculous.

Interesting. I wonder why more players don't do this then.

Edited by jeremy2020

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

what doesn’t add up? Playoff numbers/results don’t factor into MVP voting. 

What Im talking about is using 36TD passes and 64% completion as a indicator of him being a great passer at this point when his team is dead last in passing. His MVP award was gained because he ran for 1200 yards not because he threw 36 TD passes. Good for him. I battle with Ravens who swear that Lamar Jackson is overall better passer than Josh Allen in 2020. That's crazy to me. Salute to Lamar Jackson though

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Such an odd post.  MVP is a regular season stat.  His real value is his running ability as he's put up back to back 1,000 yard rushing season.  He's won a playoff game so he has that monkey off his back.  Now, get him a new offensive coordinator and continue to upgrade his WR options.

You guys are talking crazy. If you understand what I am saying is that he his regular season performances are not carrying over to the playoffs. MVP or Not.

Im not saying he SHOULDNT have won MVP.  That is like me saying how is someone homeless and he makes 200,000 a year. That not me saying that it impossible for that to be the case BUT what I am saying is that you SHOULDN'T be homeless making 200,00 a year, the same way I'm saying you shouldn't win the MVP AND be one in done in the playoffs AND play bad in the process.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR SOME OF YOU ON HERE. SMH

Edited by Protocal69
  • Eyeroll 2

17 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I would think, that they do, but that is never discussed publicly.

Or I should say there seem to be many, many articles about players not doing this. Seems like their accountants are dropping the ball. 

35 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

What Im talking about is using 36TD passes and 64% completion as a indicator of him being a great passer at this point when his team is dead last in passing. His MVP award was gained because he ran for 1200 yards not because he threw 36 TD passes. Good for him. I battle with Ravens who swear that Lamar Jackson is overall better passer than Josh Allen in 2020. That's crazy to me. Salute to Lamar Jackson though

I thought it was because Lamar ran for 1200 yds AND threw 36 TD passes.

No one could credibly deny he was the MVP of that team.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought it was because Lamar ran for 1200 yds AND threw 36 TD passes.

No one could credibly deny he was the MVP of that team.

I never denied that he should have won the MVP. What Im saying again is I think you shouldn't win MVP just to be one and done in the playoffs. Also I don't feel that his MVP says he is a great passer or that he is better than Josh Allen as overall QB.

Edited by Protocal69