Afghanistan

7 hours ago, sherpa said:

Our Sect. of Defense is a political appointee whose resume strength is that he agrees with Biden, who is a military/leadership illiterate.

Woo! Say what? YOU are complaining that someone else lacks a REAL resume? That's rich 

What could it be about this man with a long history of service you don't like? 

Hmmm...I wonder 

image.png.5dda16f65ba1da11207e0c03b6f686fc.png

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Woo! Say what? YOU are complaining that someone else lacks a REAL resume? That's rich 

What could it be about this man with a long history of service you don't like? 

Hmmm...I wonder 

image.png.5dda16f65ba1da11207e0c03b6f686fc.png

Don't wonder, and don't assert.

I am saying that there were other folks available who had different views re Afghanistan, and the result has been horrible.

It has nothing to do with what you are inferring, so give it up.

Just now, sherpa said:

Don't wonder, and don't assert.

I am saying that there were other folks available who had different views re Afghanistan, and the result has been horrible.

It has nothing to do with what you are inferring, so give it up.

You claimed HE had no resume, that's garbage 

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You claimed HE had no resume, that's garbage 

Wrong again.

You consistently make these comprehension errors.

I absolutely NEVER claimed "he had no resume."

I was and am very familiar with his resume and service history.

I claimed the "strength" of his resume was that he agreed with Biden

That is almost always the most important factor in the decision regarding that appointment.

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

When you develop a relationship with thousands of people, and then abandum them as a political expedient, there is a result, and it is not good.

I understand, but the relationship was with a few military folks and government officials, 380,000,000 other don't give a flying foodoo. 

There are millions of citizens who have history with Ukraine. Afghanistan is seen as uncivilized, ancient, non Christian and in a religious civil war they have to settle on their own. If you stand between them they both shoot at you, look at Israel and Palestine.

The US has 50% of the population with  Christian religious believe against abortion. Not supporting female independence of their own body. Why do the want to get into a relationship in a non Christian ancient dust bowl because some unexplainable terrorists called Taliban stomp on female rights.

IMHO.

34 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I understand, but the relationship was with a few military folks and government officials, 380,000,000 other don't give a flying foodoo. 

There are millions of citizens who have history with Ukraine. Afghanistan is seen as uncivilized, ancient, non Christian and in a religious civil war they have to settle on their own. If you stand between them they both shoot at you, look at Israel and Palestine.

The US has 50% of the population with  Christian religious believe against abortion. Not supporting female independence of their own body. Why do the want to get into a relationship in a non Christian ancient dust bowl because some unexplainable terrorists called Taliban stomp on female rights.

IMHO.

This has nothing to do with Ukraine or religious connections.

The issue with Afghanistan and the Taliban was that they were harboring terrorists who were planning, funding, supporting and directly responsible for many horrific acts well outside of Afghanistan. 

34 minutes ago, sherpa said:

This has nothing to do with Ukraine or religious connections.

The issue with Afghanistan and the Taliban was that they were harboring terrorists who were planning, funding, supporting and directly responsible for many horrific acts well outside of Afghanistan. 

And 20 years later, countless deaths, murders etc there is nothing anyone can do to stop them short of destroying the dust bowl. Russia tried for 20 years. The US should never have been there. Like Vietnam, you cannot tell the good guys from bad, you cannot believe anyone, or trust anyone. Put a ring around them, toss them some guns and ammo and make a deal with the survivor. The only thing of any value there is coke and dust and not worth lives. Bringing their wars into North America is not worth it. Letting them into the rest of the world is way too dangerous.

IMHO

• Like (+1) 1

Taliban seized more than $7B in U.S.-provided weapons when Afghan government fell

by Mike Glenn

More than $7 billion worth of U.S.-supplied military hardware, ranging from howitzers to sniper rifles, fell into the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan when the American-backed government in Kabul swiftly collapsed amid the U.S. pullout a year ago. In a report released Tuesday, the Defense Department’s Inspector General said the U.S. government provided almost $85 billion in security assistance to Afghan forces from 2005 to 2021. About $18.6 billion of it funded the procurement of weapons and equipment over the years. The Taliban seized more than $923 million worth of military aircraft; $4.1 billion worth of ground vehicles; and more than $511 million worth of weapons

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/16/more-7-billion-us-provided-weapons-seized-taliban-/

E9ubr1wVkAguFpY.jpg

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Taliban seized more than $7B in U.S.-provided weapons when Afghan government fell

by Mike Glenn

More than $7 billion worth of U.S.-supplied military hardware, ranging from howitzers to sniper rifles, fell into the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan when the American-backed government in Kabul swiftly collapsed amid the U.S. pullout a year ago. In a report released Tuesday, the Defense Department’s Inspector General said the U.S. government provided almost $85 billion in security assistance to Afghan forces from 2005 to 2021. About $18.6 billion of it funded the procurement of weapons and equipment over the years. The Taliban seized more than $923 million worth of military aircraft; $4.1 billion worth of ground vehicles; and more than $511 million worth of weapons

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/16/more-7-billion-us-provided-weapons-seized-taliban-/

E9ubr1wVkAguFpY.jpg

Simply inexcusable.

In corporate America, this would result in massive firings.

In political America, such deserved actions are not done, because it would be an admission of gross failure.

How this happened should be examined, and result in removal of the Sec of Def and whomever was responsible for intel re the Afghani shop that didn't see this coming.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Remind me who negotiated with terrorists and not the government we supported w trillions of US tax dollars?

Remind me what the negotiated settlement was, how it was not abided by, and what resulted.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

Remind me what the negotiated settlement was, how it was not abided by, and what resulted.

Who negotiated w the Taliban? Negotiated the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners? Why didn’t Trump finish the job he started?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2022 at 12:23 PM, sherpa said:

I really doubt anyone here will read it, but it is an entirely accurate viewpoint.

The problem is systemic.

When you have the system we have, which causes the extreme top level military to agree with the political power, you get yes men.

It's the best way to do it, but occasionally, like now, you get incompetent leadership.

Our Sect. of Defense is a political appointee whose resume strength is that he agrees with Biden, who is a military/leadership illiterate.

That extends down to the Joint Chiefs.

Below that, the major unified and operational commanders, things get more reasonable and realistic, but that isn't where major decisions on policy are made.

Trump screwed it up, but left an out if certain circumstances weren't met, but it was a "sloppy" out.

Biden didn't use that out, and the result has been horrible.

The withdrawal from Afghanistan was a betrayal and a disaster. 

the ftc appointee is a child with no work experience… this admin is really one of the most inept ever.  And that’s a tall order. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the ftc appointee is a child with no work experience… this admin is really one of the most inept ever.  And that’s a tall order. 

What do you expect when your criteria doesn't rely on fitness for the job, but checking a box?

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

What do you expect when your criteria doesn't rely on fitness for the job, but checking a box?

It’s laughable….. especially when there is no checkbox for ‘has any relevant experience whatsoever’

in the case of the ftc, it’s a zero industry experience newly minted lawyer that wrote a ‘industry bad’ thesis but meets the core criteria of melanin and estrogen content. 

No idea who cashed in that favor, but it’s so obviously not about execution and excellence. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course.

Biden Administration is hiding $1 billion in payments to the Taliban

DAVID STROM

776855be-e03f-4050-8e10-4db5a48528ba-860

It turns out that the United States is still the largest provider of foreign aid to Afghanistan, and the Biden Administration is working assiduously and against the law to hide what is happening with that cash. AYFKM?

The facts come the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR). SIGAR was created in 2008 in the Defense Authorization Act because everything having to do with Afghanistan was corrupt and unaccountable. Congress finally decided that it needed an objective 3rd party to monitor what the hell was happening to all that money.

Earlier this week SIGAR dropped a bombshell–one that clearly didn’t hit the media since they ignored it in favor of defaming Republicans. They flat out stated that the Biden Administration is obstructing and breaking the law:

To Congress, the Secretaries of State and Defense, and the American people,

I am pleased to submit SIGAR’s 57th quarterly report on the status of reconstruction in Afghanistan.

The United States remains Afghanistan’s single largest donor, having provided more than $1.1 billion in assistance to support the Afghan people since the Taliban’s takeover in August 2021. However, SIGAR, for the first time in its history is unable this quarter to provide Congress and the American people with a full accounting of this U.S. government spending due to the noncooperation of several U.S. government agencies. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), which administers the majority of U.S. government spending for Afghanistan, and the Treasury Department refused to cooperate with SIGAR in any capacity, while the State Department was selective in the information it provided pursuant to SIGAR’s audit and quarterly data requests, sharing high-level funding data but not details of agency-supported programs in Afghanistan. This is in direct violation of Section 1229(h)(5)(A) of the NDAA for FY 2008 (requiring the agencies to provide information and assistance upon request) and Section 6(c)(1) of the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.

SIGAR has notified Congress of this matter

Idiot me, I never for a moment thought that the United States would be funneling money to the evil and medieval Taliban, sworn enemies of the United States and hideous oppressors of their own people. But of course Biden has been shoveling cash to Iran, which is all about “Death to America,” so I guess I should have expected it.

At a time when the media and the Democrat establishment–oops, I repeat myself–are screaming at the top of their lungs about how democracy is threatened by having an election and allowing citizens to vote–the Administration is also actively violating a law in order to hide their support for our enemies.

That’s not me saying that. That is SIGAR.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/11/03/biden-administration-is-hiding-1-billion-in-payments-to-the-taliban-n507899

https://www.sigar.mil/pdf/quarterlyreports/2022-10-30qr.pdf

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Former Recon Marine Lays out Biden Administration's Lies About Americans Abandoned in Afghanistan

Joe Biden has made some unconscionable moves during his presidency, but abandoning Americans in Afghanistan at the mercy of the most brutal terrorist organization on the planet remains his most despicable act yet. Moreover, a former Recon Marine claims the administration has lied about it from the beginning.

Chad Robichaux, a former Force Recon Marine and Department of Defense contractor with eight deployments to Afghanistan as part of a Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) Task Force, says the administration lied to the American public when they said that Americans were able to evacuate after the Afghanistan debacle, reports Just the News.

During an appearance on the Wednesday edition of the “Just the News, No Noise” TV show, Robichaux said there are still American who want to escape the Taliban-ruled country:

There’s Americans still there that want to get out. There’s 75,000 Afghan allies who are vulnerable to being beaten and interrogated for what they know about America and some are executed for serving America.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/01/19/former-recon-marine-lays-out-biden-administrations-lies-about-americans-abandoned-in-afghanistan-n691051

https://justthenews.com/world/middle-east/former-recon-marine-says-biden-admin-lied-about-americans-being-able-evacuate

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Joe.

REPORT: Putin Wants to Buy U.S. Weapons Biden Left in Afghanistan — But There’s Even More. 

“There’s a deeper realignment going on here, and both these stories are indicative of it.”

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/01/25/report-putin-wants-to-buy-u-s-weapons-biden-left-in-afghanistan-but-theres-even-more-n1664501

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Joe.

Go figure. American weapons are showing up in Kashmir

57f9310d-a3aa-43ef-9f28-090138b4fb20-860

FTA:

Just as a reminder, a report issued last year in the wake of the botched withdrawal estimated that more than half a billion dollars worth of weapons were left behind in Afghanistan. (That was just part of the estimated $7 billion in equipment, including ground vehicles and aircraft that were left behind.) The Taliban has been starved for cash since they took over the country, so naturally, they would be interested in selling some of those weapons even if it means fueling the ongoing fighting in neighboring countries.

It’s also worth remembering that there is still a thriving black market for military equipment that operates all around the world. And it’s not nearly as comical as some older Chevy Chase movies would have you believe. (Deal of the Century is still a great film, though, if you’ve never seen it.) When you leave $500 million in military-grade arms lying around, those weapons will eventually turn up all over the world. Some of them are already showing up in the hands of Russians fighting the American-backed Ukrainian forces.

Let’s keep that in mind as we continue to funnel billions of dollars in cash and weapons to Ukraine. There have already been reports of arms being “diverted” from the Ukrainian military, making certain figures inside and outside of Ukraine’s government considerably richer. Where will they turn up? The answer could be literally almost anywhere on the planet. But wherever you see armed conflict breaking out, there will be a demand for weapons. And American weapons are prized more than most others.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/01/30/go-figure-american-weapons-are-showing-up-in-kashmir-n527308

• 1 month later...

The truth continues to come out.

Marine Sniper: I Was Denied Permission to Take Out Kabul Airport Suicide Bomber

Spencer Brown

After many long months without oversight or accountability for President Joe Biden's disastrous and deadly withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan, the House of Representatives' Republican majority is finally doing what the preceding Democrat majority never did: hearing from those whose lives were forever changed on the front lines of the chaos in Afghanistan at the end of two decades of U.S. involvement. 

Tyler Vargas-Andrews, a sergeant in the United States Marines, was in Kabul as the Biden administration's haphazard withdrawal took place. He was at Hamid Karzai International Airport (HKIA) watching the chaos unfold, and he was one of the hundreds of individual wounded when a suicide bomber attacked one of the airport's gates where hundreds of individuals were waiting to be screened for evacuation.

In an emotional opening statement to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday, Vargas-Andrews told his story, one that the Biden administration never highlighted and Democrats in Congress apparently didn't want on the record. 

On August 26, 2021, Vargas-Andrews was in position at HKIA when he noticed suspicious individuals outside the gate to the airport as thousands of people were attempting to flee Afghanistan as it fell to the Taliban, fearful for the future and what retribution anyone who'd helped American forces over the previous twenty years would face. 

"I requested engagement authority when my team leader was ready on the M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System," Vargas-Andrews said, testifying in his personal capacity. "The response: leadership did not have the engagement authority for us — do not engage."

Vargas-Andrews said he requested that his battalion commander "come to the tower to see what we did. While we waited for him, psychological operations individuals came to our tower immediately and confirmed the suspect met the suicide bomber description," Vargas-Andrews recounted. When the battalion commander "eventually arrived," he was presented with the evidence and photos of two men, one who met the description of a suicide bomber. "Pointedly, we asked him for engagement authority and permission — we asked him if we could shoot," Vargas-Andrews told lawmakers. "Our battalion commander said, and I quote, 'I don't know.'"

After being denied engagement authority by the battalion commander, Vargas-Andrews explained that at "about 17:30, Staff Sgt. Darin Hoover" — one of the 13 service members killed during the withdrawal who Vargas-Andrews described as a "friend and mentor" before getting choked up — "came to get me from the tower to go help find an Afghan interpreter in the crowd." 

"We found the interpreter and his brother," Vargas-Andrews recounted. "They told us of five family members still in the canal" along the HKIA perimeter. "I stayed there waiting for the family members, standing against the two-foot canal wall," he said. "Ten minutes passed, then a flash and a massive wave of pressure — I'm thrown 12 feet onto the ground but instantly knew what had happened," Vargas-Andrews explained. "I opened my eyes to Marines dead or unconscious around me."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/03/08/marine-corps-sniper-tells-congress-he-was-denied-permission-to-take-out-kabul-airport-suicide-bomber-n2620363

• Shocked 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Even worse example of lying.

The whole “left them for the Afghan military” is COMICAL. 

Then why did they have orders to damage or destroy as much equipment/vehicles as possible before they left???? 

People will buy this crap… which is mind boggling. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Blood On Biden’s Hands From Afghanistan Withdrawal Can’t Be Washed Away. 

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2023/04/10/the-morning-briefing-blood-on-bidens-hands-from-afghanistan-withdrawal-cant-be-washed-away-n1685709

Joe Biden Isn’t Sorry About His Afghanistan Withdrawal

A White House report on the chaotic retreat spins disaster as triumph.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-afghanistan-withdrawal-white-house-report-pentagon-military-61f2073f

“The Biden lackeys in the federal government are beyond disgusting for trying to pull a Pontius Pilate here