Fetes' Five Hot Takes for the 2021 NFL season

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"ribbit"                    "shut up"

"ribbit"                    "shut up"

"ribbit"                    "SHUT UP!"

As far as Allen GB, that makes sense they play 8 back, but some teams tried that last year and didn’t work.  

We are on the presipus of laying a guy $42-44 mil./yr..  I think they will be careful not to let him run more than 400 yards total.

thanks again guys for summarizing.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He thinks a 34 year old Emmanuel Sanders is going to "take the top of the defense"? He is right - that is a hot take. 

Has Sanders lost a step speed-wise?  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if Gabe Davis had more receiving yards than Sanders

was coming here to say this.... i'd be totally cool with a big year from sanders but i personally believe Davis has a better shot at that 1000 mark.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Does he mean Levi Wallace?

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's certainly a very reasonable guess.

A fact, though? No.

So you didn't even listen to him introduce himself, hunh? Fair enough, but then why comment?

He said "I'm Dan Fetes".

That didn't help..

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Who the hell is Fetes?

If he has children, are they called Little Fetes?

And is there a Fat Man, in the Bathtub, With the Blues?

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

We don't have access to his GPS data obviously, but several analysts have concluded that from watching film last season.

Me, I think it's hard to tell as he was limited by his QBs in N'Awleans

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if Gabe Davis had more receiving yards than Sanders

My first thought was "what about Cole Beasley?"  He came damned close to 1000 yds last season, and he has that "connection" going with Allen.  If he plays, it's hard to imagine him not getting A LOT of looks from Allen, or those looks leading to A LOT of yards.

It's OTAs, but Sanders wasn't looking "all that and a bag of chips" in early returns - not being where Allen expected so communication or playcall issues, not hauling in a pass that hit his hands etc.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wasn’t Lofton still scaring defenses with his speed at 34 years of age?

He was indeed, for a year or two

I've heard it said that actual speed is about the last thing to go, and agility stays pretty well too.

It's the ability to take the punishment of football and recover by the following week that becomes a problem, so it becomes harder and harder to contribute all season and make it through the playoffs.

Heard Stephen A. Smith, who played 16 years until age 37, talk about it with Zo Alexander once.  They were pretty funny.   I just had a look for that show and couldn't find it.  

It was stuff about do the young guys listen to Zo about eating right and taking care of their bodies - something like 

Zo: "they don't listen, cuz they young!  They roll out of bed on Tuesday and they fine"

Smith: "we like, Oh, not this day.  I need that deep acupuncture, gimme that pressure massage"

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It would surprise me if he didn't have more than Sanders.

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Before my time. I am not 106. 

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

As @BornAgainBillsFan said upstream, after reading his "hot take" that Allen will lead the team in rushing, I didn't feel the need to give him the click.

And I commented so I could work in my witty Little Feat reference!

Not wanting to give somebody a click is totally fair.

Commenting on the thing you haven't watched, not so much. And it is exactly your LIttle Feat reference that doesn't work, and precisely because you didn't watch the video, though you'll maybe never know why.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not wanting to give somebody a click is totally fair.

Commenting on the thing you haven't watched, not so much. And it is exactly your LIttle Feat reference that doesn't work, and precisely because you didn't watch the video, though you'll maybe never know why.

You mad, bro?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

If he has children, are they called Little Fetes?

He's on a roll, folks.......that bleep is hilarious.

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

While speed wasn't what i remember, it was him being open and making plays....

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thx Wiz.  I just didn’t have the time today or would’ve been happy to listen.  I’m hopeful on Hollister and Epenesa, not so much on Wallace.  He’s ok, certainly not as bad as some think, but my prediction is Dane grabs the job by mod year.

I seriously doubt Allen leads rushing.  

2018 600+ yrds

2019 500+ yrds

2020 400+ yrds

Notice a trend.  I can see 350-425 yards, but that’s a really low bar Moss, Singletary, or Breida can’t beat those numbers.

There's an extra game this year, so the rushing yardage totals might even go up for Allen, but I doubt he leads the team. Singletary and Moss both outrushed Allen in a year where our running game was pretty disappointing. I see no reason why at least one of them won't outrush Allen again this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

There's an extra game this year, so the rushing yardage totals might even go up for Allen, but I doubt he leads the team. Singletary and Moss both outrushed Allen in a year where our running game was pretty disappointing. I see no reason why at least one of them won't outrush Allen again this year.

Yeah, as Allen's passing game has developed and his awareness of the need to "stay available" has developed, his rushing yards have declined.

He was 3rd in rushing yards in 2019, and 3rd in 2020, and I don't see that changing.

If they tracked and added in all the running he does behind the LOS, he would probably be first by a long chalk.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He thinks a 34 year old Emmanuel Sanders is going to "take the top of the defense"? He is right - that is a hot take. 

I don't know. Hot but not boiling. There is more than one way to take the top off a defense. We generally think of amazing speed, and Sanders doesn't really have that, but route running can do it sometimes as well. I mean, Sanders' longest catch last year was 51 yards. The year before that he was on two teams, and his longest with Enver was 53 and with SFO was 75.  75. The year before that, 64. Going back you then have 38, 64, 75, 48, and then 55 though in his first three years he was less of a long threat with Pittsburgh, putting up a 37, a 32 and a 35. I'd say he's a guy who sometimes takes the top off of defenses.

He didn't say he thought Sanders would regularly be open deep or anything like that. He did say he thought maybe Sanders would have a few deeper catches. I don't think that's all that unlikely.

IMO teams will be less worried about that than they would have  been with John Brown, and for good reason, but Sanders manages it sometimes. I can imagine him getting a 1000 yard season here. I'd need more than straight-up odds to bet it, but I don't think it's such a bad bet for a guy who got 726 last year from Brees, whose arm was greatly limited in terms of distance.

And for the record, I'd pick Sanders over Davis if asked to predict who'll have the most yards. I think it could go either way, but my guess is Sanders being a better route runner pays off with more targets.

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You mad, bro?

You uninformed but still mouthy, bro? Um, yup.

Again you won't know why you're off the mark without watching, but you are.

I'm mouthy too, but at least I try to only mouth off when I can have an informed opinion. If I don't have enough interest to inform myself, I don't comment.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

You uninformed but still mouthy, bro? Um, yup.

Again you won't know why you're off the mark without watching, but you are.

I'm mouthy too, but at least I only mouth off when I can have an informed opinion. If I don't have enough interest to inform myself, I don't comment.

Uninformed because I didn't watch a video full of hot takes from a local sportscaster from Rochester?  One whose first hot take was that Josh Allen would lead the team in rushing yards?

I made a crack using his last name, linking it to a legendary band ... and that's mouthy?

I'm sorry you've taken exception to my uninformed opinion that the guy in the video is an idiot who doesn't deserve my time to listen to his idiocy.

I'm not off the mark.  And I don't need to watch that video to know it.

I hope your day improves, brutha!  Smile and laugh a little!