It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh yes.  The big bad pharma companies that progressives always whine about.  You should do or take anything that can help boost your immune system. 

The fear is talking about them would make people less likely to get the vaccine which has proven itself remarkably effective.  Even the Florida governor you guys worship said that over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths in the summer were among the unvaccinated.  Yes.  The vulnerable are going to have to take a half hour out of their day twice a year to get their booster shots to fight off the new mutations.  Not that dissimilar from the yearly flu shot.

Right Doc.  Just the vulnerable.

If one country is doing this we all are.  

If you don't understand why I don't know what to tell you.  

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh yes.  The big bad pharma companies that progressives always whine about.  You should do or take anything that can help boost your immune system. 

The fear is talking about them would make people less likely to get the vaccine which has proven itself remarkably effective.  Even the Florida governor you guys worship said that over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths in the summer were among the unvaccinated.  Yes.  The vulnerable are going to have to take a half hour out of their day twice a year to get their booster shots to fight off the new mutations.  Not that dissimilar from the yearly flu shot.

I am not sure what your argument is here, are you saying that the vaccine is great for the elderly therefore no one should question it for everyone? Or are you stating that medical companies who have been hit with billion dollar fines are always on the up and up? Lastly RNA is not like the other vaccines since there are no long term studies of its effects on people- we are literally about to hit year one of the large scale study- we had many years of vaccines before they ever became mandatory  previously. 

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

IRT the bolded, I would argue the media's obsession with number of cases and "omg a new variant" has done more damage to the vaccination movement than anything.

You would think countries like Austria and Germany would avoid this kind of discrimination.  Don’t send the unvaxxed to prison, just send them where you want to send them….concentration camps…..my gosh I’m embarrassed for being born in Germany and is half German….

Edited by BillyBilliams

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure what your argument is here, are you saying that the vaccine is great for the elderly therefore no one should question it for everyone? Or are you stating that medical companies who have been hit with billion dollar fines are always on the up and up? Lastly RNA is not like the other vaccines since there are no long term studies of its effects on people- we are literally about to hit year one of the large scale study- we had many years of vaccines before they ever became mandatory  previously. 

No.  I've repeatedly said on here the vulnerable should get the vaccine and I would hope everyone would get it who's eligible for the good of society at large.  However, I'm against all mandates as it still should be a personal choice given it's no more dangerous than the flu for most people.

The question repeatedly on this thread is why the media/politicians don't talk about natural immunity or alternative treatments.  The most logical answer to that is they don't want to give high risk individuals other options because they're inferior to getting vaccinated.  It's exactly what I'd do in their position as the goal should be to prevent as many deaths as possible.  I'm really not interested in all the big government/big pharm conspiracy theories littered throughout this thread.  I also find it hard to believe you're "pro vaccine" but "anti mandate" and then spend all your time looking for any ways that doubt the effectiveness of the vaccines.  It just muddles the water even more. 

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I've repeatedly said on here the vulnerable should get the vaccine and I would hope everyone would get it who's eligible for the good of society at large.  However, I'm against all mandates as it still should be a personal choice given it's no more dangerous than the flu for most people.

The question repeatedly on this thread is why the media/politicians don't talk about natural immunity or alternative treatments.  The most logical answer to that is they don't want to give high risk individuals other options because they're inferior to getting vaccinated.  It's exactly what I'd do in their position as the goal should be to prevent as many deaths as possible.  I'm really not interested in all the big government/big pharm conspiracy theories littered throughout this thread.  I also find it hard to believe you're "pro vaccine" but "anti mandate" and then spend all your time looking for any ways that doubt the effectiveness of the vaccines.  It just muddles the water even more. 

You still think they're acting in good faith.

They had their chance to convince THE UNVACCINATED to get it then kept everyone in masks and THE UNVACCINATED continue to see it makes no difference - you're goal (it isn't the government's) is to prevent as many deaths as possible.  That's why you got vaccinated.  

People don't want the vaccine are mad af that this historically unprecedented sham continues on despite constant goal post moving and the absence of legitimate realistic metrics.   

They want back to normal.  Is there a problem with that?  Anyone?   

And until you get ONE leader to say here is How you and your kids at their dystopian schools get out of them.......

But they don't.  And you're shocked people won't get it.

You want to keep ignoring the conspiracy theories but when you do (they aren't conspiracy anymore) you ignore Democrats for 3 months saying they wouldn't take a "rushed Trump vaccine."

You lost all hold outs right there.  With that and the general bullying the population with "my patience is running out."  

Yep.  Totally normal for the free world.  That's ***t they say in China.  

And for as much death and sickness this has supposedly brought for 2 years, you'd think people would be jumping over each other to get it.  

Edited by Big Blitz

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Your gullibility that Big Pharma is looking out for us is on you. Your belief that the vaccine is really that effective might be on the media, but the most logical reason for the promotion of the vaccine is Pfizer alone spends 2 billion dollars in advertising. https://www.statista.com/statistics/192112/us-ad-spending-of-pfizer/

I am always  pro informed consumer and anti mandate,  and I don't think most people under 30 would have gotten the shot if they knew the whole story. Paranoia of this virus is rampant to the point that this summer a 24 year old relative who is healthy and vaccinated  would not meet me before I got vaccinated. 

Communist low info useful idiot New York mayor announces vaccine mandate for private-sector employers

Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) announced on Monday that New York City is implementing a vaccine mandate for private-sector employers.

De Blasio said the mandate, which is scheduled to take effect on Dec. 27, is a "preemptive strike" the city is taking to stop the "further growth" of COVID-19 as the weather gets colder, people start gathering for the holidays and more information emerges regarding the new omicron variant.

"We've got omicron as a new factor, we've got the colder weather, which is going to really create additional challenges with the delta variant, we've got holiday gatherings, we in New York City have decided to use a preemptive strike to really do something bold to stop the further growth of COVID and the danger it's causing to all of us," de Blasio said during an appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"So as of today we're going to announce a first in the nation measure, our health commissioner will announce a vaccine mandate for private-sector employers across the board, all private sector employers in New York City will be covered by this vaccine mandate as of Dec. 27," he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/584457-new-york-mayor-announces-vaccine-mandate-for-private-sector-employees

But aren't we still waiting on data on vaccines and the Omicron?  Seem to know an awful lot suddenly there Billy.  

We are mandating a vaccine for the flu.  Totally what the free world does. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9Nr_tu92MgMZiQJTAvxi

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We fundamentally agree on the govt staying out of the mandate business, but it seems you’re comfortable with govt/cdc scripting this all out by withholding pertinent information that folks find important.  

Where does that ever work?   At any point in time, half the country doesn’t trust the admin and folks in charge.  It’s only been a year or so since the oppo party suggested vaccinations developed under the admin at that best not be trusted.   It seems like that message point resonated with millions of people.  

When that party took over, the narrative changed to “trust us”, and of course, the response has reflected the original messaging may have had consequences unintended when the COVID vax was treated as political football. 

Bottom line, people simply don’t trust leaders blindly, and when they with critical and logical information in national dialogue, they wonder what else they are being lied to about. 

• Agree 1

On 12/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, RunTheBall said:

Correct. You’re statement is not true. Please show me the data that shows Omicron is infecting more vaccinated people than unvaccinated.

We do not have the data yet to determine how much protection, if any, the vaccine gives towards Omicron. Fact.

I am still waiting on your data to show I was false. You told me I was incorrect, when all the information available says I am right. You are actually calling me wrong based on your hunch not the numbers. 

I wish you people would pass this mandate and/or get your multiple booster shots already.  Do this for the "good of society", specifically the rich part of society that's robbing you tools blind!

I'm getting ready to cash out my position of Moderna (up 6.4% today, 152% YTD) and I would like a little more gain as I missed the last pop.

Pfizer's only up 40% YTD, I cashed out that pig and didn't time it right (only made 17%), so I need a little help here.   

Seriously it's for the greater good, go get those boosters! Ha ha ha!

38 minutes ago, Precision said:

I wish you people would pass this mandate and/or get your multiple booster shots already.  Do this for the "good of society", specifically the rich part of society that's robbing you tools blind!

I'm getting ready to cash out my position of Moderna (up 6.4% today, 152% YTD) and I would like a little more gain as I missed the last pop.

Pfizer's only up 40% YTD, I cashed out that pig and didn't time it right (only made 17%), so I need a little help here.   

Seriously it's for the greater good, go get those boosters! Ha ha ha!

I assume you are being facetious but I do have an uncle who told me in about 2012 that pharmaceutical stocks were the safest aggressive bet, more people on more drugs all the time. I do not know if he has any of Moderna or Pfizer but I will definitely ask him if his advice stayed the same since then.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I assume you are being facetious but I do have an uncle who told me in about 2012 that pharmaceutical stocks were the safest aggressive bet, more people on more drugs all the time. I do not know if he has any of Moderna or Pfizer but I will definitely ask him if his advice stayed the same since then.

BT,

I am, but not as much as you would think.  Not trying to brag here but simply tell my story.....

I'm in my mid-50's and make good money.  I have always invested heavily in my Roth/401K/529 but with more disposable income as my wife and my careers advanced, started investing on my own.  I did ok, sometimes beat the market and sometimes didn't.  Could never seem to time things right and buy/hold was always the best strategy for me.

The pandemic hit right when our kids went off to college.  Between that and working remotely my wife and I had even more disposable income.  I saw the pandemic as a once in a lifetime investing opportunity.  I can't explain it, but everything was just clear as day to me.  Companies that made products that would be in high demand during the lockdown I bought (PPE, vaccine makers, electronics, networking, companies with a large online presence, real estate in rural areas, home furnishings) everything that I saw as low demand I stayed away from (automotive, oil, tourism/travel, airlines, restaurant chains).  Once the economy started re-opening, I reversed my strategy.  Now that it looks like we may lockdown in some areas I may reverse it again.  I've held Pfizer and Moderna most of the time, I am out of Pfizer and will be out of Moderna this year.  Saw the inflation indicators early this year and made investment changes accordingly as well.

I've been smart but certainly nowhere near as smart as the big investors.  Honestly anyone could have done OK in this market.  If I've been able to make money off this pandemic, I don't think for a second that large investors/politicians/media companies aren't making boatloads of money.  They're making money through a good market and by manipulating the market and public through fear. 

Do I think the vaccines and booster are good?  For an older or at-risk segment of the population, sure.  Do I think everyone should be vaccinated?  I am but I believe it should be a personal choice.  Do I think people are making money off the pandemic and the general populace?  Absolutely, I know they are. 

Scientists find ‘stealth’ version of Omicron that may be harder to track

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/07/scientists-find-stealth-version-of-omicron-not-identifiable-with-pcr-test-covid-variant

Omicron is upon us: Illinois’ first case of latest COVID-19 variant confirmed in Chicago resident

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronavirus/2021/12/7/22823094/omicron-first-case-chicago-illinois-covid-coronavirus-vaccine

Michigan sets hospitalization record, leads nation in new coronavirus cases per capita

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/07/health/michigan-covid-cases-hospitalizations/index.html

COVID-19: Boosters will probably be needed for 'years to come', says Pfizer

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boosters-will-probably-be-needed-for-years-to-come-says-pfizer-12489204

“I think we just need to tap the brakes a little bit and get into the new world of expectations of COVID,” Dr. Michael Saag, associate dean for global health at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said on Yahoo Finance Live (video above). “COVID is going to be with us for years to come, and we’re going to see variants emerge. And we’re going to go through this process several times, maybe many times in the future.”

https://www.aol.com/coronavirus-going-see-variants-emerge-160422326.html

COVID-19: Antibodies from Pfizer vaccine may be up to 40 times less effective against Omicron, first lab tests suggest

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-first-lab-tests-on-omicron-in-south-africa-suggest-pfizer-vaccine-may-be-up-to-40-times-less-effective-against-new-variant-12489417

What does fully vaccinated mean in The Booster Era

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/12/covid-booster-fully-vaccinated-omicron/620916/

COVID-19 spread more by men, loud talkers: study

https://nypost.com/2021/12/07/covid-19-spread-more-by-men-loud-talkers-study/

Also on Tuesday, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla acknowledged that Omicron appears milder than prior variants — but he expressed concern over how quickly it spreads.

“I don’t think it’s good news to have something that spreads fast,” Bourla told the Wall Street Journal. “Spreads fast means it will be in billions of people and another mutation may come. We don’t want that.”

https://nypost.com/2021/12/07/omicron-variant-almost-certainly-less-severe-than-delta-fauci/

Just gotta get to 90% vaccinated or something!

I remember the time when contact tracing and testing would get us all "out of this......."

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Everyone I know that has gotten the 3rd shot, the booster, has experienced adverse reactions much worse than what they experienced from the original two-shot dose.    

My office roomie got his booster two weeks ago and had no reaction. 

Who knows?

I also believe it should be a personal 

choice to be vaccinated. I had my first 2 pfizer's and am thinking about the booster but that's also my personal choice. Unvaccinated people don't freak me out. I'm good with them.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1