DeSantis For President in 2024?

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

The armpit of America 

Elections have consequences…People vote for the kind of communities they want to live in…This is democracy…👍

The biggest complaint this gay couple seems to have is the fake “Don’t Say Gay” bill…I say fake because the LGBT activists are in an uproar over a bill that doesn’t want ANY sexual education (homosexual or straight) for kids up to 3rd grade…Can’t really say that I argue with that…

I didn’t have sex ed in school until 4th/5th grade- so I’m cool with that…(Funny how you don’t hear parents complaining that their 5 year olds aren’t learning about heterosexuality in school 🤔)…If parents want their young kids learning about gay sex and identity, I don’t see why they can’t just have their own conversations with them about it (probably because it’s more about indoctrinating kids into a Leftist world view).  But not everyone wants their kids exposed to it- especially between 5 and 8…

Oh yeah, and they are also upset that a bridge wasn’t lit up in rainbow 🌈 colored lights…Lol…seems a little ridiculous to me, but to each his own, I guess…Don’t get me wrong- I, too, am partial to the colors of the rainbow- but I ain’t gonna lose sleep over it…I would just buy my own goddamn rainbow 🌈 lights and then blast Barry Manilow from my bedroom window for the whole neighborhood to hear! 😉

Between these main two issues from the article, it’s not exactly what I would call “persecution”…but of course, these are likely Leftist gays complaining (conservative gays like Dave Rubin are loving Florida right about now)…

So, get back to me when there is real persecution going on, like being thrown in jail, or off of a rooftop 😯- or having a cross burned on your front lawn…Then I’ll come march with ya…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Stefanie seems fun. Her bio “Clinical sexology, sustainability and stars: my beats brought to you by the letter S”.  Despite her seeming a little angry, I’m going to start following her. Thank you!

edit - I can’t believe she’s not getting more traction with this one. It’s got to be the right-wing media keeping her down. You go girl!

Oh, Stefanie really triggered you.

Live shot of JD:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148863n709gihqwtmcr6bv8

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Elections have consequences…People vote for the kind of communities they want to live in…This is democracy…👍

The biggest complaint this gay couple seems to have is the fake “Don’t Say Gay” bill…I say fake because the LGBT activists are in an uproar over a bill that doesn’t want ANY sexual education (homosexual or straight) for kids up to 3rd grade…Can’t really say that I argue with that…

I didn’t have sex ed in school until 4th/5th grade- so I’m cool with that…(Funny how you don’t hear parents complaining that their 5 year olds aren’t learning about heterosexuality in school 🤔)…If parents want their young kids learning about gay sex and identity, I don’t see why they can’t just have their own conversations with them about it (probably because it’s more about indoctrinating kids into a Leftist world view).  But not everyone wants their kids exposed to it- especially between 5 and 8…

Oh yeah, and they are also upset that a bridge wasn’t lit up in rainbow 🌈 colored lights…Lol…seems a little ridiculous to me, but to each his own, I guess…Don’t get me wrong- I, too, am partial to the colors of the rainbow- but I ain’t gonna lose sleep over it…I would just buy my own goddamn rainbow 🌈 lights and then blast Barry Manilow from my bedroom window for the whole neighborhood to hear! 😉

Between these main two issues from the article, it’s not exactly what I would call “persecution”…but of course, these are likely Leftist gays complaining (conservative gays like Dave Rubin are loving Florida right about now)…

So, get back to me when there is real persecution going on, like being thrown in jail, or off of a rooftop 😯- or having a cross burned on your front lawn…Then I’ll come march with ya…😉

And take time away from TikTok?

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can’t wait for @JaCrispy to turn himself into a pretzel defending this - lolz

Easy…

Just guessing from previous history, but it’s likely not an African American Studies course, as much as it is a “Hate Whitey” or “Down With America” course…👍

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Easy…

Just guessing from previous history, but it’s likely not an African American Studies course, as much as it is a “Hate Whitey” or “Down With America” course…👍

You mean they teach about our country's history of racism? That? 

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You mean they teach about our country's history of racism? That? 

Only if that history includes Africans selling their own people into slavery- and refusing to stop even after England and America banned the trans Atlantic slave trade…ya know- the COMPLETE history and not just the “Hate Whitey” part…😉

But I doubt they will because that wouldn’t support their racist narrative that they peddle…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Only if that history includes Africans selling their own people into slavery- and refusing to stop even after England and America banned the trans Atlantic slave trade…ya know- the COMPLETE history and not just the “Hate Whitey” part…😉

But I doubt they will because that wouldn’t support their racist narrative that they peddle…👍

Ouch bro.  That argument is old school racist.  You a nouveau racist.  Act accordingly.  👌

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Ouch bro.  That argument is old school racist.  You a nouveau racist.  Act accordingly.  👌

How is blacks selling blacks into slavery racist?

Do you deny the validly of that historical fact?

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Who owned the slaves?  As a black man you should know this history.  👌

You a capitalist that doesn't understand supply and demand? 

• Vomit 1

55 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

They does get taught, heck even Roots showed that happening. 

And White people sold their own children into slavery. 

You sound like you have no idea what your talking about 

18 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You using that as an excuse against historical racism in the country is racist 

I also love how Christians, that did the slave trade, claim a moral superiority to non believers 

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Who owned the slaves?  As a black man you should know this history.  👌

You a capitalist that doesn't understand supply and demand? 

Those Africans were free until various African kingdoms and tribes captured members of other tribes and kingdoms and sold them into slavery for profit and material gain.  The captives were sold to Arab slave traders moving slaves to Middle Eastern and other Old World markets.  This practice was in place for hundreds of years until Europeans, initially Portuguese merchants, established settlements on the west coast of Africa.  At that point the New World slave trade was established.  The first slave holders were running plantations in Brazil/South America and the Caribbean. The practice later established itself in the American colonies and what became the United States. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They does get taught, heck even Roots showed that happening. 

And White people sold their own children into slavery. 

You sound like you have no idea what your talking about 

You using that as an excuse against historical racism in the country is racist 

I also love how Christians, that did the slave trade, claim a moral superiority to non believers 

I’m not excusing any historical racism and never have…it should all be condemned…

All im saying is that i don’t like how certain political groups try to make white Europeans the only ones responsible for slavery in the world…it is simply a disingenuous accusation…

But when you understand that they detest western civilization, and want to tear it all down, you realize why they are doing what they are doing…

And I just refuse to support the agenda…👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

MSNBC's Chris Hayes Reveals Hilarious New Anti-Ron DeSantis Talking Point 

deb5d26a-0ea8-46d4-a218-af57d862ea5e-860

Through various means, Democrats and their allies in the press will almost always tell you which Republican/conservative they fear the most. And by “fear,” I don’t mean a fear of how much “damage” they’ll supposedly do to America but instead a fear of the person’s ability to reach and relate to a wider audience, in the process creating a broader coalition and one that will be formidable in its opposition to the woke excesses of the Democratic party.

In the run-up to the 2024 presidential election campaign season, it’s more than clear in my very humble opinion that between former President Donald Trump, who has already declared his candidacy, and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is rumored to be considering a run, that it’s DeSantis who the left worries about more.

We’ve seen this by way of the various talking points/phony narratives generated about him by the Usual Suspects in the media/on the left over the last year or so. The first and biggest one is that he’s “worse than Trump,” which I guess is supposed to give conservatives and non-Trump types serious pause or something. They’ve also tried the “anti-vaxxer” talking point and have even gone so far as to try and paint him as a hypocrite because he and his wife got married at Disney long before he was elected governor and Disney became uber-woke.

There are of course more from where that came, with the latest hilarious example coming from MSNBC “All In” host Chris Hayes, who took to the Twitter machine Wednesday to wonder how DeSantis’ supposed lack of personality will “fare on a larger stage”:

{snip}

let’s get to the “meat” of Hayes’ argument – the insinuation that DeSantis’ alleged “pinched and humorless” nature may not “fare” well nationally.

First things first, I think this is a false narrative. While DeSantis certainly is not nearly as animated as Trump is when it comes to expressing himself, DeSantis’ personality does shine through during public appearances, especially when he takes on the bias that is overwhelmingly present in the mainstream media. There have also been the public quips about drinking and working out, among others. Not “pinched and humorless” at all, in my view.

That being said, even if he didn’t have much of a personality, so what? His record of achievement in Florida stands for itself, and that’s the most important thing. After decades of feeling ignored and/or betrayed, conservatives and independent-minded folks across the country are looking for people who do what they say they are going to do and live up to their campaign promises, people who don’t back down when the going gets tough. DeSantis has shown that he doesn’t care about what his critics in the media and on the left think, and gets down to doing the people’s business on a daily basis.

In 2016, Trump’s critics warned against him primarily because he marched to the beat of his own drum and couldn’t be tamed by the establishment. And yet he still won. To a certain extent, that is also true of DeSantis, which is something that a lot of folks find very appealing, personality or not:

Besides, I’m fairly certain that having a sparkling personality doesn’t rank very high on the qualification lists of most voters, because if it was, Joe Biden probably wouldn’t be sitting where he is today. Just sayin’.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2023/01/19/msnbcs-chris-hayes-reveals-hilarious-new-anti-ron-desantis-talking-point-and-i-have-thoughts-n690742

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MSNBC's Chris Hayes Reveals Hilarious New Anti-Ron DeSantis Talking Point 

deb5d26a-0ea8-46d4-a218-af57d862ea5e-860

Through various means, Democrats and their allies in the press will almost always tell you which Republican/conservative they fear the most. And by “fear,” I don’t mean a fear of how much “damage” they’ll supposedly do to America but instead a fear of the person’s ability to reach and relate to a wider audience, in the process creating a broader coalition and one that will be formidable in its opposition to the woke excesses of the Democratic party.

In the run-up to the 2024 presidential election campaign season, it’s more than clear in my very humble opinion that between former President Donald Trump, who has already declared his candidacy, and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is rumored to be considering a run, that it’s DeSantis who the left worries about more.

We’ve seen this by way of the various talking points/phony narratives generated about him by the Usual Suspects in the media/on the left over the last year or so. The first and biggest one is that he’s “worse than Trump,” which I guess is supposed to give conservatives and non-Trump types serious pause or something. They’ve also tried the “anti-vaxxer” talking point and have even gone so far as to try and paint him as a hypocrite because he and his wife got married at Disney long before he was elected governor and Disney became uber-woke.

There are of course more from where that came, with the latest hilarious example coming from MSNBC “All In” host Chris Hayes, who took to the Twitter machine Wednesday to wonder how DeSantis’ supposed lack of personality will “fare on a larger stage”:

{snip}

let’s get to the “meat” of Hayes’ argument – the insinuation that DeSantis’ alleged “pinched and humorless” nature may not “fare” well nationally.

First things first, I think this is a false narrative. While DeSantis certainly is not nearly as animated as Trump is when it comes to expressing himself, DeSantis’ personality does shine through during public appearances, especially when he takes on the bias that is overwhelmingly present in the mainstream media. There have also been the public quips about drinking and working out, among others. Not “pinched and humorless” at all, in my view.

That being said, even if he didn’t have much of a personality, so what? His record of achievement in Florida stands for itself, and that’s the most important thing. After decades of feeling ignored and/or betrayed, conservatives and independent-minded folks across the country are looking for people who do what they say they are going to do and live up to their campaign promises, people who don’t back down when the going gets tough. DeSantis has shown that he doesn’t care about what his critics in the media and on the left think, and gets down to doing the people’s business on a daily basis.

In 2016, Trump’s critics warned against him primarily because he marched to the beat of his own drum and couldn’t be tamed by the establishment. And yet he still won. To a certain extent, that is also true of DeSantis, which is something that a lot of folks find very appealing, personality or not:

Besides, I’m fairly certain that having a sparkling personality doesn’t rank very high on the qualification lists of most voters, because if it was, Joe Biden probably wouldn’t be sitting where he is today. Just sayin’.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2023/01/19/msnbcs-chris-hayes-reveals-hilarious-new-anti-ron-desantis-talking-point-and-i-have-thoughts-n690742

Pinched. Seems as though Hayes just self-described and hit a home run doing so. I can’t think of a better description. Much better than worm. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

You’re absolutely right- a racist would want courses that teach about hating white people…👍

If that happened, maybe. But teaching about historic racism should be mandatory in history class. I mean how would you leave that out as a major cause of the Civil War ? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If that happened, maybe. But teaching about historic racism should be mandatory in history class. I mean how would you leave that out as a major cause of the Civil War ? 

You don't in any historical class. What kind of idiot thinks they leave it out?

26 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You don't in any historical class. What kind of idiot thinks they leave it out?

Leftist kind of idiots.

My son has been a Social Studies/History teacher for the 8th grade for almost 10 years

He laughs at the popular CRT narrative that history is being censored.  He says when it comes to the Civil War, more than half of the months study is about slavery.

Same thing with WW2, mostly about Hiroshima and the 50/60's are almost all about Civil rights.

History is still being taught.

Just not the Far left, victim, assign blame B.S. of CRT.

Edited by B-Man
  • Agree 1

On 1/18/2023 at 3:05 PM, JaCrispy said:

You’re absolutely right- a racist would want courses that teach about hating white people…👍

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/12/us/texas-vs-california-history-textbooks.html

How is history different in Texas than it is in Cali?  It isn't but it is presented very differently.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 1/18/2023 at 5:48 PM, JaCrispy said:

I’m not excusing any historical racism and never have…it should all be condemned…

All im saying is that i don’t like how certain political groups try to make white Europeans the only ones responsible for slavery in the world…it is simply a disingenuous accusation…

But when you understand that they detest western civilization, and want to tear it all down, you realize why they are doing what they are doing…

And I just refuse to support the agenda…👍

“TeAr It AlL dOwN”

Make sure we protect this - right?

What a clown… Fox News and the Nazis  adore you. 

jfc

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

just finished watching The Butler on netflix.  Great piece of art.  This was 60 years ago.  I think it deserves several pages in history texts.  Agree?

There is plenty of truth already being taught about the Civil Rights movement, they don’t really have time for fiction, just because it’s good “art”

How much of The Butler movie is true?

“The Butler” is based on a Washington Post article from 2008 titled “A Butler Well Served by This Election.” A quick reading of the original article confirms the worst suspicions; much of the most emotional happenings in the film aren't accurate.

https://thesunflower.com/7279/uncategorized/predictably-inaccurate-the-butler-still-entertains-with-drama/#

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

There is plenty of truth already being taught about the Civil Rights movement, they don’t really have time for fiction, just because it’s good “art”

How much of The Butler movie is true?

“The Butler” is based on a Washington Post article from 2008 titled “A Butler Well Served by This Election.” A quick reading of the original article confirms the worst suspicions; much of the most emotional happenings in the film aren't accurate.

https://thesunflower.com/7279/uncategorized/predictably-inaccurate-the-butler-still-entertains-with-drama/#

The truth is subjective.  I wasn't implying that the butler should be used as history, just that it reminded me of history.  When is constitutional important and respected?  When it's convenient, it seems.  I don't hear (or read) much talk even now about the constitutionality of segregation at this time.  But guns?  Still hearing plenty about those.  Firebombs and tire irons are so passe'

33 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

The truth is subjective.  I wasn't implying that the butler should be used as history, just that it reminded me of history.  When is constitutional important and respected?  When it's convenient, it seems.  I don't hear (or read) much talk even now about the constitutionality of segregation at this time.  But guns?  Still hearing plenty about those.  Firebombs and tire irons are so passe'

You didn’t imply it. You stated it outright. No need to equivocate. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You didn’t imply it. You stated it outright. No need to equivocate. 

"This was 60 years ago.  I think it deserves several pages in history texts."  Followed by a youtube vid from the Smithsonian.  Apologizies for being opaque and abstract (I guess).  different strokes, different folks.  Finger painting aint my thing.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

while all his stupid backers yell "freedom" over covid policies...

And all his stupid detractors yell “covid policies” over freedom. 

Just mask up in perpetuity and stay out of red states (and church) and you will be fine. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

And all his stupid detractors yell “covid policies” over freedom. 

Just mask up in perpetuity and stay out of red states (and church) and you will be fine. 

Florida is just a massive swamp, literally and figuratively, i have no desire to visit the land of Desanctimonious (probably his only quip i find somewhat funny)

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Florida is just a massive swamp, literally and figuratively, i have no desire to visit the land of Desanctimonious (probably his only quip i find somewhat funny)

Don’t forget to do your part and stay six feet apart and your booster regimen. All the numbers show that they work quite well. Covid is nearly eradicated thanks to these miracle shots. 

https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/more-new-yorkers-moved-to-florida-in-2022-than-any-year-in-history/

Many blue staters see it differently. I guess they aren’t so smart after all. I’m not sure but I think there is quite an exodus from non-swamp California as well. I wonder why. They’ve got it all out there. 

Maybe it’s that “freedom” thing that you are cavalier about. 

Edited by JDHillFan