DeSantis For President in 2024?

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Florida is just a massive swamp, literally and figuratively, i have no desire to visit the land of Desanctimonious (probably his only quip i find somewhat funny)

I'm sure you'll be missed...

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Don’t forget to do your part and stay six feet apart and your booster regimen. All the numbers show that they work quite well. Covid is nearly eradicated thanks to these miracle shots.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/more-new-yorkers-moved-to-florida-in-2022-than-any-year-in-history/

Many blue staters see it differently. I guess they aren’t so smart after all. I’m not sure but I think there is quite an exodus from non-swamp California as well. I wonder why. They’ve got it all out there. 

Maybe it’s that “freedom” thing that you are cavalier about. 

It's all Trump's fault that there are almost twice as many deaths after he left office...

And yeah, again, they'll vote like idiots and ***** up Florida, like they did New York (same for California to Texas). :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Portugal is looking pretty good.  Amazing beaches...

True, but protocols? Tight enough to at least stay alive? Are red staters allowed to travel there? I hope not. 

also - as your running mate would say…

#winning

Edited by JDHillFan

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

red staters can't find it on a map.  they think it's in Africa...not far wrong as the crow flies but wrong none the less.

You mean like blue staters and Ukraine, before last year?  I don't see Portuguese flags on everyone's Twitter accounts...

Edited by Doc

Just now, redtail hawk said:

red staters can't find it on a map.  they think it's in Africa...not far wrong as the crow flies but wrong none the less.

Turns out that’s a good thing for everyone. Red state hillbillies don’t have to spend their life savings to travel to a place with such lax covid restrictions thereby saving not only their money but their lives. Blue state elites are protected from having to deal with rednecks but are risking their lives to do so. I look forward to watching it play out. When are you going?

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

We finally agree. Waiting for the dollar to gain back on the Euro. I suggest Sintra and Praia Grande nearby.  Beauty and history.

Enjoy. Fingers crossed that they tighten protocols in the meantime. You might want to consider some sort of porta-bubble for the plane ride over. If there’s one thing we’ve learned since that hillbilly MAGA judge struck down masking on planes is that those damn things are a death trap. Best of luck. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Enjoy. Fingers crossed that they tighten protocols in the meantime. You might want to consider some sort of porta-bubble for the plane ride over. If there’s one thing we’ve learned since that hillbilly MAGA judge struck down masking on planes is that those damn things are a death trap. Best of luck. 

I guess that's the advantage of Florida.  You can drive.  I hear it's lovely in the summer

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

I am going state again, I think you are a right winger trying to show the world how insane leftists  are with kind of posting. The APUSH teachers at my school discuss Jackie, MLK, and Frederick Douglas. Douglas is a benchmark on the curriculum for 8th graders also. Also the majority of people on that list are not Floridians, so at the very least the grammar is poor also. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would point out (the obvious)

That while my resourced articles from conservative authors are routinely dismissed without even being read or considered,

This is the king of inaccurate, propaganda source,

that the poor posters here cite as important enough to base their posts on.

A classic example.

fritzie urquhart

@fritzie4art

artist, sculptor, photoshopper provocateur

Justin Weiner

@jmw512

No biography whatsoever.

Edited by B-Man

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I would point out (the obvious)

That while my resourced articles from conservative authors are routinely dismissed without even being read or considered,

This is the king of inaccurate, propaganda source,

that the poor posters here cite as important enough to base their posts on.

A classic example.

fritzie urquhart

@fritzie4art

artist, sculptor, photoshopper provocateur

I don’t want to steal any thunder from li’l billsy but I think you pointing this out means you are triggered. 

(insert Trump lmao meme here)

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Florida is just a massive swamp, literally and figuratively, i have no desire to visit the land of Desanctimonious (probably his only quip i find somewhat funny)

May I ask where you live? And specifically what about FL you think is swamp like, besides the literal swamps.

34 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

May I ask where you live? And specifically what about FL you think is swamp like, besides the literal swamps.

swamps, mosquitos, alligators, snakes, termites, chiggers,.  I live on the Blue Ridge in Va.  we have snakes.  Black snakes are awesome.  Treat them like family. Cottonmouths and copperheads not so much.  Is it illegal to kill snakes in Fla?  That's a law I'd ignore.  Wasn't pretty much all of Disney World a swamp before developed?  At least you needn't worry about varmints in the basement.

Edited by redtail hawk

Back to the thread.

Gov. Ron DeSantis Lowers the *BOOM* on Florida Teachers’ Unions. 

“Florida teachers’ unions are about to lose a major source of funding, along with a novel new regulation on administrator pay, if Gov. Ron DeSantis gets his way.

It’s a big, bold move — and increasingly typical for America’s most aggressively conservative governor.”

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/01/23/gov-ron-desantis-lowers-the-boom-on-florida-teachers-unions-n1664133

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It’s just another example of democrats 

lying about what actually occurred and how upset they are by the false story. 

Little, unhappy children really. 

Of course Bonnie can’t elaborate on what Xi DeSantas is doing because he is full of 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7nvp7ilwz78pq2dirst

Right @Doc

well-bye.jpg

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ proposed union rules will have teachers ‘stampeding out of Florida’

By now half of Florida should have moved out because of Gov. Ron DeSantis, and yet we continue to see progressives like AOC vacationing there. The state is doing just fine, the November election made it pretty clear that DeSantis had a mandate, and his Democratic opponent’s choice of a teachers’ union head as a running mate certainly did him no favors. Not only is DeSantis guilty of “banning” the teaching of African American history, but he’s also a union buster.

Check out this proposal:

Okay gang,  tell me which of these points are so "horrible"  (and why)

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/01/23/gov-ron-desantis-proposed-union-rules-will-have-teachers-stampeding-out-of-florida/

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

well-bye.jpg

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ proposed union rules will have teachers ‘stampeding out of Florida’

By now half of Florida should have moved out because of Gov. Ron DeSantis, and yet we continue to see progressives like AOC vacationing there. The state is doing just fine, the November election made it pretty clear that DeSantis had a mandate, and his Democratic opponent’s choice of a teachers’ union head as a running mate certainly did him no favors. Not only is DeSantis guilty of “banning” the teaching of African American history, but he’s also a union buster.

Check out this proposal:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/01/23/gov-ron-desantis-proposed-union-rules-will-have-teachers-stampeding-out-of-florida/

Horrible for unions. Not the teachers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

well-bye.jpg

Check out this proposal:

I’m not so sure this will have teachers stampeding for the exits as it will union leaders. If I was a union member I’d be pretty happy about this. If I was a teacher in Florida and chose not to be a member of a union, I’d be thrilled. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m not so sure this will have teachers stampeding for the exits as it will union leaders. If I was a union member I’d be pretty happy about this. If I was a teacher in Florida and chose not to be a member of a union, I’d be thrilled. 

Yup.  But they have to frame it as something bad.

It’s just another example of Roundy's blind complaint about Desantis   because his actions hurts his feelings. Sad little snowflake, really. 

😄

Meanwhile, even though this IS the practice throughout most of America, if Gov. Desantis supports it, it must be authoritarian.........lol

https://www.outkick.com/wacko-leftist-lady-calls-desantis-authoritarian-for-opposing-cell-phones-in-classroom/

On Monday, DeSantis took a stance against cell phone use in the classroom:

“Why are these students on their phones during class all the time? […] They should not be always on their phones, being distracted from the lessons.”

Slow down, Mussolini.

The governor prefaced his comments by saying he supports students having their phones on them during recess. He just prefers they don’t scroll TikTok during their arithmetic session.

And that’s where Ms. Ben-Ghiat draws the line. She calls DeSantis’ stance on cell phones “dangerous,” revealing his true “authoritarian” fascinations:

DeSantis has come out against the racial and sexual indoctrination of school children. He opposes them using their phones as a distraction during lectures. At any other point in history, that’d make DeSantis a man of common sense.

Yet, in 2023, it makes him a ruthless authoritarian in the minds of certifiably wacko leftists like Ruthy.

• Like (+1) 2

Truth Alert !

(some of you should avert your eyes)

Your view on whether what he is accomplishing is good or bad may vary,

but the way DeSantis is racking up wins and forcing companies/organizations to back down on key cultural issues is unprecedented for a Governor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i vote for Florida as capitol of the new Southern States of MAGA.  either Orlando or the Villages.

people aint flocking to dark blue states.  

NY, Ill, Cali lead the nation in net domestic migration, out of the state.

Florida is one of the destination states.

people are fleeing blue states in droves.