Honest discussion about racism (non political)

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But I'm willing to bet that something like 90% of the recipients will be flat broke busted in 3 years because they blew all the cash on buying lots of toys and goodies while living an unsustainable lifestyle that can't be maintained without a commensurate cash flow. 

Definition of prejudice and stereotyping, eh?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Exactly!! I'm not f@#$ing woke!!  

I actually held and still hold many opinions on the topic of race relations in America that sound a lot like yours.  I have found that despite color blindness under the law there remains lots of room for inequity.  Biases in our systems and institutions doesn't mean everyone is a racist bent on screwing over POC but if the outcomes screw over one group of people while favoring another I don't think the screwed are going to take a lot of solace in the explanation "its not overt racism, just a collection of individuals acting on unconscious bias that means you need to go to jail a lot longer than other Americans!". 

I don't think our institutions (police, courts, legal system) are systemically racist or built on racism but as we have discussed, they can produce outcomes that are ostensibly consistent with something resembling systemic racism.  I am sure you are going to ask what we do about the situation and I don't have any answers.  But pretending there isn't a problem because our laws are color blind is definitely not it.  Acknowledging inequalities seems like a good start no matter how uncomfortable it may be.  Silencing the crackpots who claim conditions today are the same or worse than the 1940s also seems like good start.

We are in violent agreement. I’ve never disputed there is an obvious real tangible problem.  It’s the lazy politicized cause(s) chalked up to some inexorable systemic ghost that I consider counterproductive. 

The aren’t any easy solutions because the real causes are very complicated I expect once we get there. 

Also my opinion, and it’s open to be disproved, is not that ‘colorblindness and equality’ don't work and should be dismantled, but rather it’s led to improvement but needs to be further advanced and built upon and integrated into our culture along with other values that tend to lead to better outcomes. 

On 6/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

interesting thought process. I’ve always viewed racism as a tool used to manifest power over a group of people. I believe it’s bourn consciously or unconsciously from externalities not internally from an individual. With exception; like if you are a woman frequently abused by males perhaps you grow to think all males are abusive as an example. But even here it’s external that resulted in this individual view. 

People who want power point to a group as the enemy or inferior, instantly granting their own followers either righteousness or superiority.

It’s a mechanism to manipulate the tribalism of human nature into power over them. It is unfortunately this same personal belief that makes me unable to accept religion. 

I also reject that it can only be a majority construct. I guess maybe a majority in a vacuum is necessary, like a Closed online chat room hate groups with only their band of haters allowed or something.  

I mean if some group decides they want to kill all people who don’t believe their religion or look like them aren’t they demonstrating race based hatred?  

Also if one of the pillars of racism is that smaller group shouldn’t be able to take from our larger group, it seems odd the majority would fear the minority, who as a whole likely possesses less in aggregate. 

in this case I’d more expect the minority to be ’ists’ against majority because they have more of everything… right? 

Great post,

Racism is primarily used as a tool now to further ones agenda.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

No, absolutely not. But just giving away money to ease your conscience is not a viable answer.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day...

Teach a man to fish, and he will eat the rest of his life...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

It FINALLY came around to it. I’ve been saying for weeks on here that all this is about is reparations and the redistribution of wealth. FINALLY the discussion has reached the heart of the matter. Welcome to the enlightenment people! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

How much would inflation skyrocket if they gave out reparations?

Depends on how much money, it would be less than 10% of the populous I believe.

As I’ve said before I’d happily write a personal check for many thousands of dollars if anyone could make a case it would FIX anything at all.

Heck I’m almost inclined to support it anyway. 200k per impacted descendent, It’s probably less than $5trillion. Probably works out to 15k per oppressor. and don’t give me any of that graduated BS. You are either a beneficiary of the system or you’re not. 

Spread payment out over a few years. Recipients sign a social contract that equity is achieved. Society is fixed.  

If this is a real outcome, why not? 

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

More like the definition of honestly.  You should try it sometime. 

So speaking in gross generalizations against an entire race is just being honest? What's the name of this THREAD?

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day...

Teach a man to fish, and he will eat the rest of his life...👍

Build a man a fire, he will be warm for the night.

Set the man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life...👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well and people who think they need to be social justice warriors because their subconscious racism and guilt about it has them believing people of certain skin color can’t achieve things without their help. 

I’m do not harbor guilt because I do believe in equality and surround my self, friends, coworkers and family with diversity and not any isms. You keep going with your skin color ideologies, some day the rest of you will die off and this will end. 

Sounds very Freudian, haven't had my subconscious state analysed on a message board in a long time. Very scientific...

So it's basically all of the Meatheads that have to die, not the Archie Bunkers, before the fallacy of racism can be put to pasture. Got it. 

Sorry for the delay in my response. I was busy spreading communism and trying to make the next generation dependent on me today.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

As I’ve said before I’d happily write a personal check for many thousands of dollars if anyone could make a case it would FIX anything at all.

Heck I’m almost inclined to support it anyway. 200k per impacted descendent, It’s probably less than $5trillion. Probably works out to 15k per oppressor. and don’t give me any of that graduated BS. You are either a beneficiary of the system or you’re not. 

Spread payment out over a few years. Recipients sign a social contract that equity is achieved. Society is fixed.  

And that’s right where they want you to be. Mission accomplished. Unbelievable!

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How do you determine the recipients? Do we use percentages? Elizabeth Warren going to get 5% of 200k?

The day reparations pass, I will absolutely identify as a slave descendant.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

How do you determine the recipients? Do we use percentages? Elizabeth Warren going to get 5% of 200k?

The day reparations pass, I will absolutely identify as a slave descendant.

Everyone is a slave descendant from some point in history. This narrative is absolute woke nonsense for sheep and fools. 

• Agree 1

Racism absolutely exists - among every country, culture and race.  Some of the most blatantly racist people I have ever met were Black or Asian or other minorities or historically oppressed groups (LGBT).  Of course, I've met plenty of racist whites too.  The issue as it pertains to the United States is that white Europeans imported black African slaves for centuries, which obviously greatly influenced the power dynamic between American whites and blacks for generations.  We have absolutely made great strides in the past 150 years to address the institutionalized racism that contributed to the disparity in QOL between the average American white and American black.  But just looking at income, employment, incarceration, and average lifespan rates between whites and blacks indicates that we still have more work to do.  So in that respect, like it or not, yes, America still has a "race issue".

Now, I personally do have an issue with the public dressing down (and sometimes absolute destruction) of any individual who expresses the slightest bit of ignorance when it comes to racial or cultural sensitivity.  These attacks on so called "microaggressions" or cultural appropriations serve no real purpose in progressing racial harmony.  They are strictly about the dopamine hit awarded to the accuser.  And unfortunately, mostly due to the Internet/social media, this seems like the path that we've chosen to tread down for the foreseeable future.  This will do nothing but create new fissures between racial/ethnic groups and a more generalized stratification across society.

As for the George Floyd stuff, I don't doubt that there are dirty/racist cops, but I'm of the opinion that it's more of a class and policing practices issue.

Full disclosure - I'm a mixed race, straight man, raised in WNY who has lived all over this country.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Racism absolutely exists - among every country, culture and race.  Some of the most blatantly racist people I have ever met were Black or Asian or other minorities or historically oppressed groups (LGBT).  Of course, I've met plenty of racist whites too.  The issue as it pertains to the United States is that white Europeans imported black African slaves for centuries, which obviously greatly influenced the power dynamic between American whites and blacks for generations.  We have absolutely made great strides in the past 150 years to address the institutionalized racism that contributed to the disparity in QOL between the average American white and American black.  But just looking at income, employment, incarceration, and average lifespan rates between whites and blacks indicates that we still have more work to do.  So in that respect, like it or not, yes, America still has a "race issue".

Now, I personally do have an issue with the public dressing down (and sometimes absolute destruction) of any individual who expresses the slightest bit of ignorance when it comes to racial or cultural sensitivity.  These attacks on so called "microaggressions" or cultural appropriations serve no real purpose in progressing racial harmony.  They are strictly about the dopamine hit awarded to the accuser.  And unfortunately, mostly due to the Internet/social media, this seems like the path that we've chosen to tread down for the foreseeable future.  This will do nothing but create new fissures between racial/ethnic groups and a more generalized stratification across society.

As for the George Floyd stuff, I don't doubt that there are dirty/racist cops, but I'm of the opinion that it's more of a class and policing practices issue.

Full disclosure - I'm a mixed race, straight man, raised in WNY who has lived all over this country.

Totally agree that it seems to be more about class than race...and might even add “culture” to that as well...There is a reason that most (if not all) of the police brutality/homicides we see, of minorities, are of low income, low educated people, as opposed to middle/upper class black people...

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Totally agree that it seems to be more about class than race...and might even add “culture” to that as well...There is a reason that most (if not all) of the police brutality/homicides we see, of minorities, are of low income, low educated people, as opposed to middle/upper class black people...

Crispy, you’re just getting around to it now.  This is ALL about class. What’s the goal here? Think about it. This is ALL an undermining narrative created by people who’re looking to fundamentally transform the economic structure of this country. It’s a well calculated and purposeful game of chess that they’re playing. Don’t look now but that innocent move of a pawn may just get you closer to giving up the Queen.