Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Deal!

JUST ANOTHER DC MONEY & POWER GRAB: 

The ‘Infrastructure’ Bill: The Deeper You Get, The Worse It Gets. 

“It has just $110 billion, or less than 10%, for what’s historically been considered infrastructure—roads and bridges.

The other 90% is to fund mass transit waste, green energy nonsense, and more items that the states or the private sector could do.”

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=48841

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What do you like about this Bill that has prompted your victory lap.  Please give details.  

I especially like the part that taxes you by the mile to pay for it. Also, your new car will shut off if you’ve been drinking.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I especially like the part that taxes you by the mile to pay for it. Also, your new car will shut off if you’ve been drinking.

That's a shitton of miles.  So if you're drinking in your car it will shut off? 

So you got nothin' other than it's got Democrat support? 

As a fiscal conservative I’d always rather see a true infrastructure bill over another worthless, unproductive and corruption filled social program. When done correctly an infrastructure program is a jobs bill in which most of the tax moneys should go right back into the US economy through the labor and materials required to build stuff that’ll last for many decades. Now let’s see if this one includes jobs that Americans will actually do!

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That's a shitton of miles.  So if you're drinking in your car it will shut off? 

So you got nothin' other than it's got Democrat support? 

Yeah, they’ll be taxing you by the mile instead of a gas tax.

Car companies have a few years to create systems in new cars that scan your eyes to see if you’re drunk. I assume that will eventually be used for weed also. Some cars already have a similar system that checks to see if you’re alert. This one will be able to tell if you’ve had a few beers.

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yeah, they’ll be taxing you by the mile instead of a gas tax.

Car companies have a few years to create systems in new cars that scan your eyes to see if you’re drunk. I assume that will eventually be used for weed also. Some cars already have a similar system that checks to see if you’re alert. This one will be able to tell if you’ve had a few beers.

So you're saying they will eliminate the gas tax?  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

And I was busting them on you. You said your car would shut off if you were drunk.  I actuality you can't start it at all.  And I really don't have a problem with that.  Drunk driving is a huge issue.  

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you're saying they will eliminate the gas tax?  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

And I was busting them on you. You said your car would shut off if you were drunk.  I actuality you can't start it at all.  And I really don't have a problem with that.  Drunk driving is a huge issue.  

Believe it or not, but texting and driving is more deadly than drunk driving now. 

• Agree 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, Motorin' said:

Believe it or not, but texting and driving is more deadly than drunk driving now. 

I disagree with the word deadly.  Texting probably causes mostly rear enders where people are still wrapping around trees on booze.  

Edited by Chef Jim

On 8/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, Governor said:

Victorious!

Oh for the love of God !

Someone's "payoff" got taken out, so she will hold up the whole thing.

Shows you how insincere that they have been all this time.

So she complains all year about the senate not passing her ridiculous house bills and then the senate sends her a huge $3.5T social spending bill and she won’t take it to the floor?

Democrats are playing politics and that’s all they are doing

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Oh for the love of God !

Someone's "payoff" got taken out, so she will hold up the whole thing.

Shows you how insincere that they have been all this time.

So she complains all year about the senate not passing her ridiculous house bills and then the senate sends her a huge $3.5T social spending bill and she won’t take it to the floor?

Democrats are playing politics and that’s all they are doing

Does any of the bill provisions make her private flying any greener, or does it just pump money into firms her in husbands “investment” portfolio  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:17 AM, B-Man said:

JUST ANOTHER DC MONEY & POWER GRAB: 

The ‘Infrastructure’ Bill: The Deeper You Get, The Worse It Gets. 

“It has just $110 billion, or less than 10%, for what’s historically been considered infrastructure—roads and bridges.

The other 90% is to fund mass transit waste, green energy nonsense, and more items that the states or the private sector could do.”

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=48841

I had no idea “mass transit” was not infrastructure. Some guy decides he’ll redefine infrastructure to include only roads, auto bridges,

and tunnels, and then does a little arithmetic. This is what (for some people) passes as “insightful” in today’s world. 

On 6/25/2021 at 9:59 AM, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/25/five-big-things-come-out-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal/

The last President failed at this. Biden succeeds 

But still needs ten Republicans, so we shall see 

So in less than a yr Bidens spending is now at what with this probably passing then when they push the next $3.5 trillion through it will be up to close to $9 trillion put on the backs of our grand kids 🤔 I'm glad the former didn't pass that BS I'd hate to see this guys check book balance HOLY S**T ...

That's your boy Tibs what a freakin joke ! 

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/537470-bidens-budget-breaks-the-bank

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

Biden gets it 

Politico reports:

In a memo released Friday, [Celinda] Lake’s polling firm found that 87 percent of voters over the age of 65 favored allowing Medicare to negotiate with prescription drug corporations to lower prices. The survey conducted in mid-June among 800 voters over the age of 65, also found that seniors would cross party lines “presenting both an opportunity for Democratic candidates who favor this proposal to win over voters as well as a threat that could erode their base of support if they oppose it,” the memo states.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/22/white-house-dems-drug-price-plan-506498

On 8/12/2021 at 11:40 PM, Irv said:

Setting my money on fire.  Thanks Demented Biden.  What a mess.  

Lol, Biden doing such a better job than Trump did.