Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Deal!

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

damn, so frustrating trying to have a logical discussion on here.

Again, i dont care what was projected, i care what happened. Deficit spending increased by almost $3.5T before the effects of all the Covid spending bills are added in under Trump. A number that i think is ridiculous and harmful in the long run as a financial conservative, but that is the number.

Joe wants to add another $6T in his "infrastructure" bill...(I am not even including the $1.7t they rammed through under reconciliation)  just about doubling all of Trumps deficit spending.

Your initial argument is " no big deal"...I asked you to explain why you think massive deficits do not matter...I don't care who the President is...why do YOU think deficits don't matter? Use whatever theory you want, any numbers..i am open to listen...I would just like to hear you explain your position with out using the word Trump or Republican.

You’re talking about deficit spending and we’re talking about debt spending.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

Okay genius,explain to me what debt spending is?

Again, make an argument that does not use the word Trump or Republican.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Okay genius,explain to me what debt spending is?

Again, make an argument that does not use the word Trump or Republican.

I wasn’t making any argument. I simply stated what Trump’s spending was during his term. I don’t care about spending. You appear to be the one to care about spending.

Then you tried to pretend that Covid spending somehow didn’t count when Trump was president and the GOP controlled the Senate, which is false.

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

I wasn’t making any argument. I simply stated what Trump’s spending was during his term. I don’t care about spending. You appear to be the one to care about spending.

Then you tried to pretend that Covid spending somehow didn’t count when Trump was president and the GOP controlled the Senate, which is false.

so in other words...you cant explain what debt spending is? 

And yes, looking at deficit spending increases and failing to consdie that almost $4T was added in Covid relief bills is not intellectually honest.. 

And why do you not care what spending is? Should we take it a step farther and just say that if  spending and deficits do not matter, why then should revenues matter? Should we  not all just stop paying taxes?

And please, just one response that defends your position on why debt does not matter without using the word Trump

Edited by plenzmd1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so in other words...you cant explain what debt spending is? 

And yes, looking at deficit spending increases and failing to consdie that almost $4T was added in Covid relief bills is not intellectually honest.. 

And why do you not care what spending is? Should we take it a step farther and just say that if  spending and deficits do not matter, why then should revenues matter? Should we just not all stop paying taxes?

And please, just one response that defends your position on why debt does not matter without using the word Trump

Who is responsible for Covid spending?

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

nice way to deflect...again, please explain what debt spending is ve deficit spending and why it does not matter. 

You said that adding Covid spending to Trump’s term isn’t intellectually honest.

Why?

We have almost 8 trillion added to the debt and Trump had the third-biggest primary deficit growth, 5.2% of GDP, behind only George W. Bush (11.7%.)

Are you disputing those numbers?

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Okay,let me see if i can understand your argument.

1) You start by saying you are not worried about debt created by the infrastructure bill

2) you then post an article that says the debt will hold back the economy for years ...supporting the opposite of your premise..you do understand  that no?

3) you then state that i am talking about deficit spending, and you are talking about debt spending. Again, please explain the difference to me...without using the word Trump or Obama or Bush...or political party etc...just explain the difference to me.

And, in the process defend your position why debt levels do not matter.

As a fiscal conservative, i believe strongly that the massive expansion of debt the last 12 years is a massive issue, i don't care who the president or house/senate was at the time. I didn't like it under Bush, Obama, and Trump. I don't like it under Biden

And, if you cannot see the difference between a near unanimous passage of  a massive $4T relief bill passed during a once in a century pandemic and a   $6T "infrastructure" bill shoved through with a budget reconciliation measure and without a single republican vote ...then there is really no need to continue this discussion. 

i will not post in this thread again unless you can defend your position  on national debt and  why it does not matter and  define the difference between debt spending and deficit spending .... as i refuse to get into a battle of the wits with an unarmed man.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay,let me see if i can understand your argument.

1) You start by saying you are not worried about debt created by the infrastructure bill

2) you then post an article that says the debt will hold back the economy for years ...supporting the opposite of your premise..you do understand  that no?

3) you then state that i am talking about deficit spending, and you are talking about debt spending. Again, please explain the difference to me...without using the word Trump or Obama or Bush...or political party etc...just explain the difference to me.

And, in the process defend your position why debt levels do not matter.

As a fiscal conservative, i believe strongly that the massive expansion of debt the last 12 years is a massive issue, i don't care who the president or house/senate was at the time. I didn't like it under Bush, Obama, and Trump. I don't like it under Biden

And, if you cannot see the difference between a near unanimous passage of  a massive $4T relief bill passed during a once in a century pandemic and a   $6T "infrastructure" bill shoved through with a budget reconciliation measure and without a single republican vote ...then there is really no need to continue this discussion. 

i will not post in this thread again unless you can defend your position  on national debt and  why it does not matter and  define the difference between debt spending and deficit spending .... as i refuse to get into a battle of the wits with an unarmed man.

You’re assuming for some weird reason that I am attacking Trump for his Covid spending when I am not doing that. I supported the spending bills.

“And, if you cannot see the difference between a near unanimous passage of  a massive $4T relief bill passed during a once in a century pandemic and a   $6T "infrastructure" bill shoved through with a budget reconciliation measure and without a single republican vote ...then there is really no need to continue this discussion.”

Tell us what the difference is. Was the money spent or not? Debt spending is now only recorded depending on who supported it and the particular crisis involved? Every president faces a crisis that they didn’t ask for and that’s usually when the spending occurs. Why are you trying to pretend that we’re supposed to put Covid spending in it’s own separate column?

Edited by Governor

CLEAN-UP ON WH AISLE FIVE

The editors of the Wall Street Journal seem to me to bring the necessary cynicism to explicating the infrastructure “compromise” that is to preface enactment of the related Dem wish list/prospective spending blowout:

Mr. Biden’s statement Saturday changes nothing except the [White House counselor Steven] Ricchetti atmospherics. Mr. Biden spoke the real truth on Thursday. He knows, because Mr. Ricchetti tells him, that Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer plan to jam through as much of the Families Plan as they can on a partisan vote.

They’re telling the political left to go along with the infrastructure bill because it will please Mr. Manchin and reduce the price tag for the Families Plan by including a lot of climate-related spending. The GOP will have left its fingerprints on much of the Democratic spending blowout and its consequences, and it will be helpless to stop the Families Plan. Mr. Manchin is already falling in line.

All of this is hiding in plain sight. Mr. Biden on Thursday merely put his not-so-fine point on it. Republicans who think that passing an infrastructure bill will prevent a partisan Families Plan are fooling themselves—and voters. Don’t listen to what Mr. Ricchetti says. Listen to what Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer say they’ll do.

The Journal cites the White House statement issued on Saturday to soothe discomfited GOP participants in the alleged “compromise” infrastructure deal (“[m]y comments…created the impression that I was issuing a veto threat on the very plan I had just agreed to, which was certainly not my intent” — “created the impression” because that’s what he said). 

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/06/clean-up-on-wh-aisle-five.php

7 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m with you. Democrats spend our money and republicans lie and pretend they won’t and do it anyway. 

If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t care either. You get more out of the system then you put in and based on how you’ve described your situation don’t have personal Concern for the next gen. I’d in your shoes completely understand indifference to all of it. You’ve literally got nothing to lose. 

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m with you. Democrats spend our money and republicans lie and pretend they won’t and do it anyway. 

If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t care either. You get more out of the system then you put in and based on how you’ve described your situation don’t have personal Concern for the next gen. I’d in your shoes completely understand indifference to all of it. You’ve literally got nothing to lose. 

Now you know how I feel about you savage beasts eating meat and dairy.

But you’re right. I made some mistakes in my life but I definitely made a few really good decisions too, none better than the decision to not have children!!!!

Biden nearly scotched the infrastructure deal just a few hours after all parties agreed to it by tying it to the budget reconciliation bill.  Then the next day he had to walk that back.  That was a very Trump-like maneuver. It pointlessly complicated matters, and it accomplished nothing.

There must be something in the White House water that makes its occupants stupid.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s a trick! 

US is `printing' money to help save the economy from the COVID-19 crisis, but some wonder how far it can go.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/money/2020/05/12/coronavirushow-u-s-printing-dollars-save-economy-during-crisis-fed/3038117001/

So, what would happen if Biden spent 10 trillion more dollars and the next president did the same?

The answer is nothing. Nothing would happen. How do I know that? Because we’ve been doing it for 20 years and nothing happened.

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Biden nearly scotched the infrastructure deal just a few hours after all parties agreed to it by tying it to the budget reconciliation bill.  Then the next day he had to walk that back.  That was a very Trump-like maneuver. It pointlessly complicated matters, and it accomplished nothing.

There must be something in the White House water that makes its occupants stupid.

They were stupid before they got there. 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Now you know how I feel about you savage beasts eating meat and dairy.

But you’re right. I made some mistakes in my life but I definitely made a few really good decisions too, none better than the decision to not have children!!!!

I applaud that sir. Having children should be a financial choice, not some obligation.

The human race isn’t having difficulty proliferating. I don’t believe It’s some miracle that two people rub themselves together in a way that feels good and produce offspring. 

As I wash pollen off of my car I don’t vex over the miracle of procreation lost. 

The worst ‘ism’ to be born into in this world is parent or parents that don’t give a ***** about you. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

Fat chance !

(and yes, I know the turtle is just saying it for the affect)

McConnell: Biden must convince Pelosi and Schumer to delink the two infrastructure bills

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/06/28/mcconnell-biden-must-convince-pelosi-and-schumer-to-delink-the-two-infrastructure-bills-n399329

This statement has multiple targets and I don’t think any of them are Pelosi and Schumer. Those two have to answer to the progressive base and will act accordingly.

McConnell knows it, so there’s no sense in trying to pressure them.

But there is sense in trying to pressure Biden. And Joe Manchin. And the centrist Republicans who have been negotiating with the two of them.