Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Deal!

Advertised by the White House as the largest infrastructure investment in nearly a century, the package includes funds for “modernizing and expanding transit and rail networks across the country,” repairing roads and bridges, a “national network of electric vehicle (EV) chargers,” replacing water systems, expanding “reliable high-speed internet,” securing the power grid, pollution cleanup and protecting infrastructure from “climate change, cyber attacks, and extreme weather events.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/25/five-big-things-come-out-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal/

The last President failed at this. Biden succeeds 

But still needs ten Republicans, so we shall see 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/25/five-big-things-come-out-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal/

The last President failed at this. Biden succeeds 

But still needs ten Republicans, so we shall see 

To the statement "The last president failed at this Biden succeeds" .

Success is in the eye of the beholder and cherry picking the opinion articles to prop up who ever is in charge weather it be democrat or republican isn't proof of success and is usually used only to mask the deficiencies of other areas such as rising gas prices, created border crisis, inflation due to massive infrastructure deals and such . 

The first thing that stuck out like a sore thumb on the posted article is "Opinion" so of course it will prop up the idea of it being a good thing when if there were a actual reading of the bill we would probably all find out like most other bills put through with any president that there is a ton of useless spending known as PORK !

One side goes along with the other resulting in a "bipartisan bill" so this side gets their pork & gives in so the other side gets their pork but just because you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig !!

Sorry but in a opinion article posted i would find it hard to believe what it is saying due to the fact that there are a lot of your opinions out there & opinions of yours or others that you believe in hole heartedly that i have some skepticism about - just saying Tibs ...

Although there have been a couple of things i have agreed on with you but they have been few & far between but i guess we can at least agree to disagree ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Is mortgaging our children's future really success?

How much is our country in debt now?

Who is paying off this debt? 

I think we all know what happens when you keep putting things on the credit card without a plan of making the payments. And you can't keep leaning on the working class

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

I can't help the people till we get our Leftist payoffs !

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden and Pelosi warn: We're not doing this infrastructure bill unless the "human infrastructure" part passes the Senate too

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/06/24/biden-and-pelosi-warn-were-not-doing-this-infrastructure-bill-unless-the-human-infrastructure-part-passes-the-senate-too-n398810

c722f3c9cc5289ed22f6ddca8cd2de88

Edited by B-Man

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So the Congressional Democrats locked arms and refused to agree with, or work on, anything proposed by the last President....and that goes down as his failure?  Classic!

That’s something the OP moron can’t seem to understand. The left thinks politics is a sporting event with winners and losers. Little do they realize we all lose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bidens_basement said:

That’s something the OP moron can’t seem to understand. The left thinks politics is a sporting event with winners and losers. Little do they realize we all lose.

Very well said.  The sporting event is them staying in power. If something gets done for the American people, that's OK too, but the driving force is making sure that Chuck, Nancy, Joe and others can all go to their offices for decades on end, take three hour martini lunches with lobbyists, and conduct their own version of a junior high cat fight in front of the lap dog media... all at the HUGE expense of the taxpayers.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/byron-yorks-daily-memo-bidens-reckless-threat

BYRON YORK: Biden’s reckless threat.

Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer “literally pulled the rug out from under their bipartisan negotiators,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. As for the president, McConnell said, “It was a tale of two press conferences — endorse the agreement in one breath and threaten to veto it in the next.”

GOP Senator Lindsey Graham, who was one of the bipartisan group of 21 negotiators, was much more blunt. If Biden is going to tie the two bills together, Graham told Politico Playbook, “He can forget it! I’m not doing that. That’s extortion! I’m not going to do that. The Dems are being told you can’t get your bipartisan work product passed unless you sign on to what the left wants, and I’m not playing that game.”

Graham said most GOP senators, and even some inside the bipartisan group, did not know the Biden-Pelosi-Schumer plan. “Most Republicans could not have known that,” he told Politico. “There’s no way. You look like a f—ing idiot now. I don’t mind bipartisanship, but I’m not going to do a suicide mission.” And that was that. The bright, shining bipartisan deal instantly became much less than it seemed.

“On the infrastructure deal, Biden’s word lasted about two hours,” York concludes. Was this and Biden’s F-15s and nukes ad-lib a bit of what was called in the Obama era “stray voltage?” As Allahpundit noted his post on the latter Biden debacle, he noted that Bombs-Away Biden may have wanted take the spotlight off of a report that he was planning to the worst thing of all in the far left’s eyes: refund the police. Acting like a hardliner on guns helps to take the spotlight off that. As he added, “Dems are almost certainly going to lose the midterms regardless but if Biden can convince swing voters that he’s at least trying to address their biggest policy anxieties he might be able to hold down the losses.”

Not so fast sparky.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/key-gop-senators-balk-terms-040136324.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden's bipartisan infrastructure deal has been thrown in doubt as Republican senators said they felt “blindsided” by his insistence that it must move in tandem with his bigger package. The White House doubled down on the strategy, meanwhile, saying it should have come as no surprise.

democrats are grifters.

Edited by Unforgiven

On 6/25/2021 at 11:12 AM, SoCal Deek said:

So the Congressional Democrats locked arms and refused to agree with, or work on, anything proposed by the last President....and that goes down as his failure?  Classic!

Trump never introduced a real infrastructure plan, or any plan that I can remember. The HC plan wasn’t his. Governing certainly wasn’t his strength.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Trump never introduced a real infrastructure plan, or any plan that I can remember. The HC plan wasn’t his. Governing certainly wasn’t his strength.

He was too busy presiding over peace and prosperity. You must’ve missed it. Your loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Governor said:

How many were directly from covid? How many had serious health issues before contracting covid?

That’s what I really want to know. I believe, as the years go by, this “pandemic” will be viewed quite differently than it is now.