Efe Obada “true sack score” ranked 9th in league

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You thought Addison and Butler actually WANTED to take pay cuts?

They were coming off years where they were most likely going to get much less than their reduced salary in an open market............they didn't do it to help the team.

This "don't be aggressive in personnel decisions because players will collectively hold it against you"  nonsense has been around since the beginning of the drought.

Nah…but he agreed to do it…wanting to do something and agreeing to do something are not always the same thing… made my original post clear on that…but my point is that I now don’t see him getting traded since he agreed to take a pay cut …

Getting cut would be more likely…

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I agree on the needing 4 DT's and ideally, another 1-Tech needing to be added behind Star. Which is why I'm leaning towards Obada not making the final 53. I think he was signed as insurance in the event we weren't able to land a DE we liked in the Draft. Then we drafted 2 in the first 2 rounds. So... yeah.

Although I wouldn't be against a move being made, Corner isn't as huge of a need IMO as others feel. I don't think we were bad at the position last season and I see them even performing better than they did last season. And from what I've seen, Jackson is an upgrade from Josh Norman and that's the only change from last year. 

As for replacing Cole and needing another TE - I think Ertz should be revisited more than ever now (*ducks oncoming things thrown at him*). I think we're deep enough at WR with Diggs, Sanders, Davis, McKenzie, Stevenson, and Hodgins that we can afford to potentially lose him. Especially if we got another pass catcher like Ertz in the fold at TE.

I’m starting to think all posts lead back to Ertz.  I’m not busting youre chops, just funny.

it’s funny we have collectively fired Cole in less than 24 hours.  I’m hoping beane can pull a polian, and talk it out with him.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m starting to think all posts lead back to Ertz.  I’m not busting youre chops, just funny.

it’s funny we have collectively fired Cole in less than 24 hours.  I’m hoping beane can pull a polian, and talk it out with him.

I'm not advocating we cut him. Honestly, we can't. One thing to release a fringe player on the roster for being a distraction and making things difficult because you can just say "he was the 54th man on a 53 roster". Cole's a star. It'd be obvious why we were doing it.

I'm more or less speaking to the idea that a.) He retires or b.) The NFL suspends him for habitually not following the guidelines. Looking more and more that one or the other is probably more likely than him playing all season for us.

And, yeah, as far as who's on the trade market or a Free Agent that could help in the pass catching department - Ertz is probably our best option. Especially since he's long been linked to us and Beane's never said that there's nothing to the rumors (like he has with other guys we've been linked to in the past). It's either him or signing a WR like Golden Tate.

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not advocating we cut him. Honestly, we can't. One thing to release a fringe player on the roster for being a distraction and making things difficult because you can just say "he was the 54th man on a 53 roster". Cole's a star. It'd be obvious why we were doing it.

I'm more or less speaking to the idea that a.) He retires or b.) The NFL suspends him for habitually not following the guidelines. Looking more and more that one or the other is probably more likely than him playing all season for us.

And, yeah, as far as who's on the trade market or a Free Agent that could help in the pass catching department - Ertz is probably our best option. Especially since he's long been linked to us and Beane's never said that there's nothing to the rumors (like he has with other guys we've been linked to in the past). It's either him or signing a WR like Golden Tate.

NO. We’re NOT reviving that thread under the guise of another thread. I’ll leave this post up to spread the word, but if this continues, it meets up with the other one at the bottom of the outhouse.

8D41A52E-48A7-4EDF-A144-169127BBA0FE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

NO. We’re NOT reviving that thread under the guise of another thread. I’ll leave this post up to spread the word, but if this continues, it meets up with the other one at the bottom of the outhouse.

Totally not my intention. Simply replying to a post. Sorry if that's how it came across.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Sound

It sounds like a PFF made up stat thing, frankly you sacked the QB or you didn’t, there really is no middle ground, much like the ball was intercepted or it wasn’t.  What’s next? Do we get to see a stat that dings a RB for not getting the first down cleanly enough, or how about FG kickers who didn’t center the ball through the uprights.  Stats should reflect wether the player achieved the plays goal or not, not this made up kinda mighta woulda shoulda silliness. 

Just get the F off my lawn with this crapolla…, 😂

Respectfully disagree.

I know nothing about what the true sack score is or whether it's worth looking at, but your post implies that if a guy doesn't get a sack he's failed, and that's not true at all.

Hughes is a great example. He's consistently pressuring, making QBs move, but we haven't had anyone else who can consistently take advantage of that QB being forced off his spot. Pressures are huge, moving a guy is huge, and doing so means you've added value on that play, though obviously you'd have added more with a sack.

If we'd had a guy on the other side who could have also been creating havoc, he might well have forced the guy to take a step or two towards Hughes that might have gotten Jerry a sack or four more. It's not always true, but a lot of the time, sacks are a team accomplishment even if only one guy actually brings him down.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

At worst I hope Obama makes our ps.  They can take two veteran players as I think he doesn’t fit the traditional criteria.  We definitely have a real competition for the guys making the 53.

I don't think president Obama will make the first cut.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

8D41A52E-48A7-4EDF-A144-169127BBA0FE.jpeg

Chand was that you as a kid?  I didn’t know they had color pics back then.🧐🤓. Sorry about that.  I was actually just making a joke about that nameless person who keeps coming up like Beetlejuice.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chand was that you as a kid?  I didn’t know they had color pics back then.🧐🤓. Sorry about that.  I was actually just making a joke about that nameless person who keeps coming up like Beetlejuice.

No, smarty pants. I used an app that colorized the pic 👍

im old. But I’m hip.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

At worst I hope Obada makes our ps.  They can take two veteran players as I think he doesn’t fit the traditional criteria.  We definitely have a real competition for the guys making the 53.

I'd rather not chance losing Obada for an older likely declining player like Addison, pay cut notwithstanding. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

After the draft and pay cut I still felt that Addison was almost a lock to make the roster but now I’m not so sure.  Aside from Hughes that DE room is pretty damned young…this may be one of those “McD likes to keep a vet around” situations.  I just don’t know who they let go among Obada, Johnson, and Love because Hughes, Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham are stone-cold locks.  Hate it for the guy but Cox’s injury may have been a good thing for the Bills.

This D line is going to be fun to watch…what a potential turnaround from what we were looking at a year ago.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Nah…but he agreed to do it…wanting to do something and agreeing to do something are not always the same thing… made my original post clear on that…but my point is that I now don’t see him getting traded since he agreed to take a pay cut …

Getting cut would be more likely…

The guy who needs to stop agreeing to pay cuts is Beane.

Incognito and Star should have taught him enough lessons about how players respond to pay cuts.   

You are better off cutting them outright,  letting them explore the market and then gratefully accepting a greatly reduced salary with you later if they can't find a job.

In the cases of the aforementioned AND Addison and Butler the only one who might have gotten the same kind of money on the open market was the non-ex-Panther Incognito.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Incognito and Star should have taught him enough lessons about how players respond to pay cuts.   

You are better off cutting them outright,  letting them explore the market and then gratefully accepting a greatly reduced salary with you later if they can't find a job.

In the cases of the aforementioned AND Addison and Butler the only one who might have gotten the same kind of money on the open market was the non-ex-Panther Incognito.

Incognito was approached about a pay cut because he was back to boozing and becoming mentally unstable.  Taking a year off to reassess was in his best interest, although he screwed the team.

As for Star, there's no evidence that the pay cut made him take the year off.  There was a pandemic that affected obese people disproportionately and many player opted-out, not just those who took pay cuts.

And with Josh's ascension to elite status and the Bills playing well, it's a new team now.  Players will view it differently than before.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Extremely poor reference. Though I think I understand your obsession with wackos trying to steal dead men’s heads..

16 hours ago, Doc said:

Good.  We'll pass over their throats.

If we can get off the damn field on D. A series of 8 minute drives keeps JA17 on the bench for too long. Our 3rd down D against good offenses was not good last year. 3rd and 17, 3rd and 15, we'd give it up.