Critical Race Theory

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The hysteria is going on in our city right now.  Parents going crazy.  And guess what?  The school system is not teaching CRT in any way, shape , or form.  This is tilting at windmills.

We’re still not seeing it here in NJ either. It was just another boogeyman to keep the crazies occupied for a few months. They’ll move onto something else soon.

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

We’re still not seeing it here in NJ either. It was just another boogeyman to keep the crazies occupied for a few months. They’ll move onto something else soon.

In our town it all started up because the district hired a DEI officer in response to a lot of bullying and such.

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If there is actual inclusion of CRT in a secondary school system I would agree.  But critical analysis would I believe show that is not the case in many of the school districts where parents are going nuts for no reason.

If they aren't teaching CRT, then why is the union defending their "right" to teach CRT?

Why are liberals fighting against teaching something that doesn't exist?

The simple fact is that people want to stop this practice from being taught in schools, because it is already being taught in universities, corporations, and governments. Parents are being forced to hear this idiocy at their jobs, and they recognize that they don't want their captivated, impressionable, children being indoctrinated by it.

Whenever you see any type of "diversity" office being created, CRT is part of their training, and they will spread this idiocy into whatever institution they inhabit.

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

If they aren't teaching CRT, then why is the union defending their "right" to teach CRT?

The simple fact is that people want to stop this practice from being taught in schools, because it is already being taught in universities, corporations, and governments. Parents are being forced to hear this idiocy at their jobs, and they recognize that they don't want their captivated, impressionable, children being indoctrinated by it.

Whenever you see any type of "diversity" office being created, CRT is part of their training, and they will spread this idiocy into whatever institution they inhabit.

You’re a fool.  Sorry but that’s the truth.  CRT is not being taught on a widespread basis in businesses and such.  Diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace is; I take my training every year.  You deliberately conflate that with CRT to make a false allegation.  Because you’re scared for some reason.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The hysteria is going on in our city right now.  Parents going crazy.  And guess what?  The school system is not teaching CRT in any way, shape , or form.  This is tilting at windmills.

Don’t stop him.....he is on a roll!

8 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Maybe because they don’t want brainwashed idiots like you telling them how to do their job 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You’re a fool.  Sorry but that’s the truth.  CRT is not being taught on a widespread basis in businesses and such.  Diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace is; I take my training every year.  You deliberately conflate that with CRT to make a false allegation.  Because you’re scared for some reason.

You're ignorant. Read the links. You can't see the evidence being slapped against your face.

Covid finally got cameras into the classroom and it exposed the RACISM teachers are pushing into the kids. Parents are rightfully outraged.

Not surprisingly you're following the tactics distributed in the NEA handbook: Deny it exists. Reframe it as something else when it gets exposed. Then attack the critic to silence them.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

6 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Don’t stop him.....he is on a roll!

Maybe because they don’t want brainwashed idiots like you telling them how to do their job 

I think that's a legitimate question.  "If they aren't teaching CRT, then why is the union defending their "right" to teach CRT?"

And as previous poster pointed out a teachers union organization stated their intent to teach CRT regardless of what or who objects. 

So logic would require us to either:

1) believe in the credibility of the story about the teachers organizations stance and admit CRT exists in the school system at some level

or

2) raise questions about the credibility of the story and do some investigation to verify or refute its validity. 

The truth can't be both or neither.

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

You're ignorant. Read the links. You can't see the evidence being slapped against your face.

Covid finally got cameras into the classroom and it exposed the RACISM teachers are pushing into the kids. Parents are rightfully outraged.

Not surprisingly you're following the tactics distributed in the NEA handbook: Deny it exists. Reframe it as something else when it gets exposed. Then attack the critic to silence them.

More BS.  You claimed all these institutions teach CRT.  They don’t.  You deliberately lie about things because you can’t defend your position otherwise.

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think that's a legitimate question.  "If they aren't teaching CRT, then why is the union defending their "right" to teach CRT?"

And as previous poster pointed out a teachers union organization stated their intent to teach CRT regardless of what or who objects. 

1) believe in the credibility of the story about the teachers organizations stance and admit CRT exists in the school system at some level

or

2) raise questions about the credibility of the story and do some investigation to verify or refute its validity. 

The very few teachers quoted who want to teach CRT in opposition to approved curriculum should be suspended or such.  But teachers should have freedom to use different teaching strategies and approaches to challenge their students to think critically, within the overall guidelines of the curriculum.  

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

or

He's still in stage one of denial, where he can't believe he's actually supporting racism.

Eventually he'll reach stage two where he believes that what they're teaching isn't CRT; it's just history! I can't be racist!

Finally he'll find himself entrenched with the other idiots who focus on attacking the opposition because he can't face being wrong.

Just now, unbillievable said:

He's still in stage one of denial, where he can't believe he's actually supporting racism.

Eventually he'll reach stage two where he believes that what they're teaching isn't CRT; it's just history! I can't be racist!

Finally he'll find himself entrenched with the other idiots who focus on attacking the opposition because he can't face being wrong.

See above.  You just go ahead and keep lying though.  You’re saying you’re taught CRT at the workplace is nonsense, period.

For the record I do not subscribe to teaching CRT in secondary schools, nor do I buy into the theory itself.  

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

or

I teach biological sciences, not social.  In my classes I challenge my students in class daily to make them actually integrate concepts and not just memorize and drone back to me.

If I was charged with teaching CRT at a university setting, I would likely take students and put them on both sides of the issue and have a debate.  Probably put kids I think favor one side going in on the opposite team so they’d be forced to critically analyze their position.

38 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I'm not sure what any of this means.  But it seems to be a complicated way of thinking you think know what other people are thinking.  Or projecting your thoughts onto someone else?   Maybe its a lot easier to admit that in the year 2021 all this race theory stuff is a bunch of horse crap?   

And I might propose an alternative that we think about people as individuals with their own unique set of traits and characteristics to be judged solely on the basis of themselves and not stereotyping everyone into some rigid and structured group that shares a collective identity with common traits that are included and excluded without exception.  If we all thought that way things like believing or not believing in CRT or its existence would be laughable topics.  And our society would be better off and there would be a lot less conflict and more cooperation and civility.  Maybe we all should agree that experiencing that existence would be a better place to live than were we are currently.  And if we had any real leadership in the public or private sectors it might be possible.  But we don't.  The leaders we currently have seem evil and intent on hostility and divisiveness with a sole objective to enhance their own personal and professional power.  And in my view anyone supporting them to this end is either complicit or a "useful idiot".  That pretty much sums up my view on race and race theory.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

58 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Buffalo city schools will be using the 1619 project as the basis of their history ciriculuum but he is a fool for believing CRT is possibly coming? The largest teacher union is pushing for the right to use CRT but he is the fool? Seriously believing that inclusion training and CRT is the same thing is the foolish thing.

OK, so now it’s wrong for parents to make their opinion known BEFORE the damage is done to their kids? When would the Left prefer that the parents complain…AFTER the brainwashing has been installed? Give me a break. When the Left wants to keep a forest from being clear cut do they protest after the trees are gone?

https://www.americanexperiment.org/national-teachers-union-backs-critical-race-theory-as-reasonable-and-appropriate-k-12-framework-then-deletes-references-on-website/

I am not sure how many teachers pay attention to what the unions do but this is surprising to me that they dropped all references. The fights the union start usually they maintain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1411473898491678720/photo/1

To anyone- Tibs, old man, governor- who is maintaining this is not being pushed please explain what the union means when it says " already created in depth study"?

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK, so now it’s wrong for parents to make their opinion known BEFORE the damage is done to their kids? When would the Left prefer that the parents complain…AFTER the brainwashing has been installed? Give me a break. When the Left wants to keep a forest from being clear cut do they protest after the trees are gone?

THey protest before, after, and during the power outages.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.americanexperiment.org/national-teachers-union-backs-critical-race-theory-as-reasonable-and-appropriate-k-12-framework-then-deletes-references-on-website/

I am not sure how many teachers pay attention to what the unions do but this is surprising to me that they dropped all references. The fights the union start usually they maintain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1411473898491678720/photo/1

To anyone- Tibs, old man, governor- who is maintaining this is not being pushed please explain what the union means when it says " already created in depth study"?

It is their plan, it does not mean they have it in place.  I do not condone teaching of CRT in secondary schools as stated previously.  I do favor DEI training for staff and inclusion in curricula.

The Left’s Critical Race Theory Is Ruining U.S. Public Education

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

https://issuesinsights.com/2021/07/07/the-lefts-critical-race-theory-is-ruining-public-education-in-the-u-s/

US Air Force Academy Prof. backs Critical Race Theory for ALL troops saying the Constitution created
'inequality', George Washington was racist and US 'domestic and foreign policy is shaped by racism'

by Ross Ibbetson

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9763999/US-Air-Force-Academy-Prof-backs-Critical-Race-Theory-troops.html

Critical Race Theory Proponent Ibram X. Kendi to Speak at Teachers’ Union Conference

by Dr. Susan Berry

The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) will feature Critical Race Theory champion Ibram X. Kendi Wednesday during its biennial TEACH (Together Educating America’s Children) professional development conference.Kendi, the author of Antiracist Baby, has received the backing of the Biden Education Department.

In April, Education Secretary Miguel Cardona’s office proposed a rule that called for the development of “culturally responsive teaching” in American History and Civics and held up the widely discredited “1619 Project” as a model for schools to teach these subjects.The rule intends to establish priorities for grants in American History and Civics Education programs that incorporate Critical Race Theory-based curriculam

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/06/critical-race-theory-ibram-x-kendi-speak-teachers-union-conference/

Largest teachers union says critical race theory is 'reasonable and appropriate' for kids

The National Education Association has contradicted the progressive argument that CRT is too complicated to teach to K-12 students

https://www.foxnews.com/us/largest-teachers-union-critical-race-theory-reasonable-and-appropriate?fbclid=IwAR0LqmM_wBFDtSL0ug47B8phZvRulXwzMahnnIdCzRQZpt1qd9CowuTYCbM

oubBEiN.png

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Critical Race Theory Proponent Ibram X. Kendi to Speak at Teachers’ Union Conference

by Dr. Susan Berry

The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) will feature Critical Race Theory champion Ibram X. Kendi Wednesday during its biennial TEACH (Together Educating America’s Children) professional development conference.Kendi, the author of Antiracist Baby, has received the backing of the Biden Education Department.

In April, Education Secretary Miguel Cardona’s office proposed a rule that called for the development of “culturally responsive teaching” in American History and Civics and held up the widely discredited “1619 Project” as a model for schools to teach these subjects.The rule intends to establish priorities for grants in American History and Civics Education programs that incorporate Critical Race Theory-based curriculam

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/06/critical-race-theory-ibram-x-kendi-speak-teachers-union-conference/

Largest teachers union says critical race theory is 'reasonable and appropriate' for kids

The National Education Association has contradicted the progressive argument that CRT is too complicated to teach to K-12 students

https://www.foxnews.com/us/largest-teachers-union-critical-race-theory-reasonable-and-appropriate?fbclid=IwAR0LqmM_wBFDtSL0ug47B8phZvRulXwzMahnnIdCzRQZpt1qd9CowuTYCbM

oubBEiN.png

Such a good sheep