Critical Race Theory

https://www.thecollegefix.com/the-left-wanted-a-culture-war-it-got-one-now-its-upset/

ANALYSIS: TRUE. The Left wanted a culture war. It got one. Now it’s upset.

To be fair, lefties are always upset when they don’t get their way.

Also when they do.

Because being upset is their only reason for living.

RjCwqre.jpg

253238.png

ANALYSIS: ‘Antiracism’ Seems Complicated. Its Real Purpose Is Simple

The cultural battle over critical race theory (CRT) and “antiracist” curricula rages on as state legislatures around the country ban its teaching in public schools and parents lead a rebellion against “woke” school boards and educators. Complicated accounts of CRT have emerged in the process, but its real intention is simple.

Attention to this once-unknown issue is largely the work of journalist Christopher Rufo. His research has exposed how CRT is promoted in schools, corporations and government agencies. The subtle racial indoctrination of practices such as diversity training even caught the eye of former President Donald Trump, who banned the practice for federal employees last year.

CRT holds that America is fundamentally racist, yet it teaches people to view every social interaction and person in terms of race. Its adherents pursue “antiracism” through the end of merit, objective truth and the adoption of race-based policies.

But Rufo’s description of CRT is that it’s a racial ideology rooted in Marxism. In an April 22 article published in City Journal, he argued that critical race theorists substituted Marx’s economic dialectic of capitalists and workers with a “coalition of the dispossessed based on racial and ethnic categories.”

More at the link: https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/13/antiracism-critical-race-theory-classrooms-rufo-schools-education-trump-bans-biden/

Follow the money indeed................

California school district will spend $40M making 'ethnic studies' mandatory for for high school students sparking a woke gold rush for consultants who will charge $1,500 an HOUR to train teachers in Critical Race Theory

by Harriet Alexander

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9785805/Small-California-school-district-spend-40m-ethnic-studies-semester-high-school-students.html

306008_image.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THAT’S BECAUSE IT’S 100% SOPHOMORICALLY POLITICAL bull####: 

Critical Race Theory has no idea what to do with Asian-Americans.

By Kenny Xu

https://hotair.com/headlines/2021/07/13/critical-race-theory-has-no-idea-what-to-do-with-asian-americans-n401905

As long as most Asian-Americans funnel through the public schools they will get the same guilt message as the other well performing groups.  They just can't be used as the example the hucksters desire.  The left will keep hammering for the next decade or so ahead of the planned wholesale change in terms of a massive redistribution of wealth.  

• Agree 1

I’m A Middle School Teacher And See How Critical Race Curriculum Is Creating Racial Hostility In School

I have been a public school teacher for the past 22 years, with the past seven in Providence, Rhode Island.  I have had the honor of serving public school children and their families as an English teacher first at the high school level, and currently at the middle school level.

(more…)

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/07/im-a-middle-school-teacher-and-see-how-critical-race-curriculum-is-creating-racial-hostility-in-school/

5 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Why do You feel the need to speak for POC?

Do you think they want a privileged white person telling them what they need?

I love this absurd approach - why do I feel the need speak for POC?  Classic deflect and attack as a way to distant yourself from the real issue because of your own fears and insecurities. 

What exactly are you doing in this thread? Making excuses for your keepers who are pushing these pathetic narratives to rile up a race war?

Why do you want to delete, censor and sugarcoat our history? It’s OUR American history - we all own it. 

Regarding your last pathetic sentence - why do you assume someone’s ethnicity on an anonymous message board? 

Edited by BillStime

Just now, BillStime said:

Why do you want to delete, censor and sugarcoat our history? It’s OUR American history - we all own it. 

Except that's not what is happening.

That is your "approved" response from your Left trainers.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I love this absurd approach - why do feel the need speak for POC?  Classic deflect and attack as a way to distant yourself from the real issue.

What exactly are you doing in this thread? Making excuses for your keepers who are pushing these pathetic narratives to rile up a race war?

Regarding your last pathetic sentence - why do you assume someone’s ethnicity on an anonymous message board? 

Who is sugar coating our history?   

Just now, BillStime said:

That’s EXACTLY what is happening.

Explain how that's EXACTLY what's happening. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Capitalization doesn't make it so.

No one is against teaching all history, just do it without the racist filter.

My concern is and has always been not with the teaching of history.  I love history...all of it.  My concern is the potential to use the curriculum not to teach/inform of the past but to shape the future.  And if people don't think this won't likely happen have not been paying attention to academia the past 10 or so years.   

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I love this absurd approach - why do I feel the need speak for POC?  Classic deflect and attack as a way to distant yourself from the real issue because of your own fears and insecurities. 

Why do you do nothing but assume? 

Everybody has to make their own path  in life. Some are harder, some are easier. That’s just the way it is. Going around blaming other people for your failures in life is pathetic. 

You want a better life, earn it. It’s not that hard to understand. Going around crying your a victim won’t get you anywhere. Be an adult for the first time in your life and be accountable for your poor existence.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

Everybody has to make their own path  in life. Some are harder, some are easier. That’s just the way it is. Going around blaming other people for your failures in life is pathetic. 

You want a better life, earn it. It’s not that hard to understand. Going around crying your a victim won’t get you anywhere. Be an adult for the first time in your life and be accountable for your poor existence.

Be accountable? That sounds like a lot of work! Much easier to just guilt innocent people into submission until they give you the resources of their accountability. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

WTF are you talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1