Critical Race Theory

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I’m not sure I understood you properly. Are you saying if you didn’t reach your goals you didn’t work hard enough is utter nonsense?  

Who tells someone if they didn't achieve goals it was solely because they didn't work hard enough?  I just find it ridiculous.

Sometimes that's the case no question and it helps to continue to feel that's what happened and you just need to keep working (apparently that's just a white person thing).  

But A lot of times you just got beat, or you weren't as qualified for a job as the other person.  If my son or daughter didn't make first team all district I don't think I'm telling them "you just need to work harder." 

So the way our friends over at the National Museum of African heritage are portraying it is in a negative way that says to minorities "white people will tell you if you didn't meet your goals (whatever those are I guess all of them) it's because you just didn't work hard enough."

If I said that to my kid after not making all districts then I sound like a crazy person.  

I'm putting the context of the whole thing on blast (I'm told that is appropriate cross cultural inclusive language). 

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Racial stereotypes is not the answer.  Been there.  Done that.

How is saying white people like steak and potatoes "bland is best" different from saying black people like watermelon and fried chicken?

I despise watermelon...🤣🤣🍻

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, calling the people teaching tolerance “racists” 

Sounds like something a racist would do. 

I guess racism didn’t die with passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 

You still haven’t spoke out about your racism and white privileged. Did your parents teach you how to be a racist and use your white privilege to get ahead in life?

CRISIS BY DESIGN: Critical Race Theory Has ‘Most Corrosive’ Influence on Military.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/critical-race-theory-most-corrosive-on-military/

NEWS YOU CAN USE: To Eradicate Critical Theories in K-12 Parents Need to Know about the Invisible Layer of Control.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-lennox/2021/07/01/to-eradicate-critical-theories-in-k-12-parents-need-to-know-about-the-invisible-layer-of-control-n1458591

How weak does your argument for teaching CRT, if you have to use a completely unrelated arrest from last year about wearing masks, only because the jackass used racial slurs.

Yep. That is Tiberius level posting.

Did you read any of the articles above you ?

(see what I did, I asked a question, like I really want a conversation with you)  :w00t:

Critical Race Theory Proponents Just Gave the Entire Game Away

Over the past few months, the battle over Critical Race Theory being taught in schools has raged. Parents have spoken out and protested at school board meetings while states have moved to ban its inclusion in curriculums across the country.

As conservatives gained more and more ground, many would say unexpectedly, the narrative began to shift. CRT proponents started to gaslight publicly, claiming that they were not trying to teach their racist ideology in schools in the first place. In essence, their way of pushing back on CRT opponents was to insist there was no actual problem to combat. Joy Reid has spent almost every night of her low-rated MSNBC program pushing that angle, for example.

Yet, a move by the NEA, the nation’s largest teachers union just gave the entire game away.

Everything in the above battle plan is either Critical Race Theory or some kind of other racial essentialism. As Rufo says, this puts to bed the false notion that CRT proponents have no intention of forcing their ideology on students. All the claims to the contrary over the last several months were simply meant as misdirection in an attempt to call off the assault.

In fact, I wrote on that very idea last month, noting that those on the left were losing the war over CRT and that their next tactic would be to attempt to get the right to disengage by pretending CRT was not a threat. That’s why the left has been so enraged lately over this topic. For once, conservatives got the jump on them, and they simply aren’t used to that. Now, CRT proponents are regrouping, and together with the far-left teachers unions, they are preparing their counter-attack.

This vindicates every move made at the state level to fight this. Some on the right insisted actions taken by governors like Ron DeSantis of Florida were overbearing and unnecessary. After all, CRT wasn’t being taught in schools yet, they claimed. Yet, any veteran of the culture wars can tell you that once CRT gets into schools, there will be no getting it out.

Preemptively moving to quash this illiberal, racist ideology from infecting curriculums was the right call. That’s how you win these battles. Conversely, lose then by sitting back and waiting for CRT to become so pervasive that it can’t be pushed back on any longer.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/07/04/critical-race-theory-proponents-just-gave-the-entire-game-away-n406745

Conservatives in Texas in a dither over the teaching of truth. The history of the Alamo is a history of the attempt to spread slavery into Texas, but Conservative politicians don’t want people to learn that 

The Heroic Anglo Narrative is that in 1836, about 200 Texians (as White settlers were known, to distinguish them from Tejanos) fought a doomed battle at a Spanish mission in San Antonio against thousands of Mexican troops, buying Gen. Sam Houston enough time to defeat tyranny in the form of Mexican ruler Santa Anna and win freedom for Texas. The myth leaves much out, most notably that Texians opposed Mexican laws that would free the enslaved workers they needed to farm cotton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/05/texas-republicans-rush-guard-alamo-facts/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/05/texas-republicans-rush-guard-alamo-facts/

Politicians barricading the figurative doors of the Alamo in defense of the myth are nothing new. In 2018, a panel reviewing the state history curriculum suggested not requiring seventh-graders to learn that those who died at the Alamo were “heroic.” Republican state political leaders, including Sen. Ted Cruz and Land Commissioner George P. Bush — the nephew and grandson of presidents and the state officeholder with oversight of the historic site — reacted as if the Alamo were once again besieged.

“Stop political correctness in our schools,” tweeted the state’s Republican governor, Greg Abbott. “Of course Texas schoolchildren should be taught that Alamo defenders were ‘Heroic’!”

it's not about "teaching the truth", it is about teaching history (and ALL subjects) through the lens of race.

That is NOT truth.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/07/05/aghamilton29-schools-blue-checked-hs-history-teacher-ranting-about-fascist-march-to-whitewash-history-with-your-anti-history-laws/

@AGHamilton29 schools blue-checked HS history teacher ranting about ‘fascist march to whitewash history with your anti-history laws’

Sari Beth Rosenberg is a self-described “Educator & Host who writes about history, politics, education, civil rights, pop culture, & feminism.” According to her bio, she’s been teaching U.S. History at New York City’s High School for Environmental Studies for 19 years.

She’s free to write about whatever the hell she wants. But as far as being an educator goes, she definitely doesn’t belong anywhere near your kids:

Apparently Sari doesn’t think teachers owe it to young people to teach them actual history as opposed to history through the warped lens of Critical Race Theory.

@saribethrose

P.S. this message applies to all K-12 educators who teach these essential texts & readings & concepts. Not just history teachers!

It’s just a right-wing conspiracy theory that K-12 teachers are instructing students in Critical Race Theory!

Also, all K-12 educators who teach Critical Race Theory must be allowed to keep teaching Critical Race Theory!

Reminder: Nobody has passed any "anti-history laws." If you were right, you wouldn't have to lie.

What I discovered about critical race theory in public schools and why it shouldn't be taught

USA Today, by Christopher F. Rufo

America is up in arms about critical race theory in public schools. Lawmakers in California and school districts in Washington and Oregon have introduced or mandated aspects of critical race theory in the curriculum; lawmakers in Texas, Idaho, Oklahoma and, most recently, Florida have passed legislation prohibiting teachers from promoting critical race theory in the classroom. But despite all of the furor surrounding these bills, many Americans still do not have a firm grasp of what critical race theory is and how it manifests in public schools.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2021/07/06/critical-race-theory-schools-racism-origins-classroom/7635551002/

0f602cf8-a965-4435-9e75-a10e9087564b.jpe

Edited by B-Man

Remember: Saying that you can’t discuss race without teaching critical race theory is like saying you can’t discuss stars without teaching astrology.

TEACHERS’ UNION BACKS CRITICAL RACE THEORY:

https://www.joannejacobs.com/2021/07/teachers-union-backs-critical-race-theory/

I guess this is progress.  Before, they were denying that CRT was being taught.