Critical Race Theory

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Nice to see the level of professionalism and respect as Milley watched Matt Gaetz shake his head in disgust and didn't fire back at him.

Perfect that you link a video of a person that says "critical race theory....whatever it is....."   

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

A recent bill introduced in the Missouri legislature exemplifies a rash of similar bills — in Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Arizona, and North Carolina — that aim to prohibit teachers from teaching the truth about this country: It was founded on dispossession of Native Americans, slavery, structural racism and oppression

Those Bills do no such thing.

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It's not real!!!!

https://www.zinnedproject.org/news/pledge-to-teach-truth

Here Are The Thousands Of Teachers Who Say They’re Willing To Violate Law To Keep Pushing CRT

Thousands of teachers have pledged to continue teaching based on critical race theory even if state laws ban it — contradicting the claims of those who seek to quell parents’ anger by claiming nothing like that has ever been taught in schools.

The Zinn Education Project, named after the anti-American and factually challenged historian Howard Zinn, has collected signatures from more than 4,200 teachers who “Pledge to Teach the Truth: Despite New State Bills Against It.”

The pledge says:

A recent bill introduced in the Missouri legislature exemplifies a rash of similar bills — in Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Arizona, and North Carolina — that aim to prohibit teachers from teaching the truth about this country: It was founded on dispossession of Native Americans, slavery, structural racism and oppression; and structural racism is a defining characteristic of our society today….

We the undersigned educators will not be bullied. We will continue our commitment to develop critical thinking (hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) that supports students to better understand problems in our society, and to develop collective solutions to those problems. We are for truth-telling and uplifting the power of organizing and solidarity that move us toward a more just society…

https://www.dailywire.com/news/here-are-the-thousands-of-teachers-who-say-theyre-willing-to-violate-law-to-keep-pushing-crt

Well it looks like @BillStime is not alone when it comes to being critical of a Bill they probably never read. Here is part of the TN the covers CRT.

This amendment also prohibits any LEA or public charter school from including or promoting the following concepts as part of a course of instruction or in a curriculum or instructional program, or allowing teachers or other employees of the LEA or public charter school to use supplemental instructional materials that include or promote the following concepts:

(1) One race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;

(2) An individual, by virtue of the individual's race or sex, is inherently privileged, racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or subconsciously;

(3) An individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment because of the individual's race or sex;

(4) An individual's moral character is determined by the individual's race or sex;

(5) An individual, by virtue of the individual's race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;

(6) An individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or another form of psychological distress solely because of the individual's race or sex;

(7) A meritocracy is inherently racist or sexist, or designed by a particular race or sex to oppress members of another race or sex;

(8) This state or the United States is fundamentally or irredeemably racist or sexist;

(9) Promoting or advocating the violent overthrow of the United States government;

(10) Promoting division between, or resentment of, a race, sex, religion, creed, nonviolent political affiliation, social class, or class of people; or

(11) Ascribing character traits, values, moral or ethical codes, privileges, or beliefs to a race or sex, or to an individual because of the individual's race or sex.

This amendment does not prohibit an LEA or public charter school from including, as part of a course of instruction or in a curriculum or instructional program, or from allowing teachers or other employees of the LEA or public charter school to use supplemental instructional materials that include:

(1) The history of an ethnic group, as described in textbooks and instructional materials adopted in accordance with present law concerning textbooks and instructional materials;

(2) The impartial discussion of controversial aspects of history;

(3) The impartial instruction on the historical oppression of a particular group of people based on race, ethnicity, class, nationality, religion, or geographic region; or

(4) Historical documents that are permitted under present law, such as the national motto, the national anthem, the state and federal constitutions, state and federal laws, and supreme court decisions.

Those of you screaming bloody murder regarding these Bills please explain what is wrong with the above quoted text from the TN bill.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Oh hey look.  Another 2 pages of Rah-Rah shouting (I'm too tired to go into specifics rn but I have been watching this thread).

@Tiberius I tried to give you a quick run-down of what I objectively thought were serious flaws in the structure of Critical Race Theory (CRT) while avoiding a full-flung description of the entire thing (since idk, you seem to be on a major time crunch maybe?).  

Considering that we are typically on the same side of things, I figured that you would give me the benefit of the doubt when it came to the parts of CRT that I did not comment on (i.e., the parts that are worthy of merit). 

But that is specifically why I quoted you at the very beginning of my statement, after you said you didn't know anything about CRT.  I was trying to loosely educate you (within the realm of what I myself know), while also challenging your rational thought.  

Like, I'm begging for someone to actually provide a rational response to my post earlier.  I want to learn more.  

So far, the best, most well-written commentary provided after my post was provided by Ben ***** Shapiro. 

Do you have any idea what that makes me feel like as someone who is routinely called a communist?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Capco said:

So far, the best, most well-written commentary provided after my post was provided by Ben ***** Shapiro. 

Its okay to agree with Ben on some things and not others.

I thought your CRT run down earlier was good.  I don't really have anything to add.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Its okay to agree with Ben on some things and not others.

I thought your CRT run down earlier was good.  I don't really have anything to add.

Ben is a smart cookie and I have agreed with him before.  But overall, I think he has a gross misconception of reality.  

However, in this case, unless I can be provided with a rational argument otherwise, I have to agree with him (on most points with regards to CRT).  

But as you said, the bottom line is:

When someone has something rational to say, LISTEN.

That doesn't mean take it as ***** GOSPEL.  Ben is smart, but he's just one commentator in a world of sound bites.  

And that's what I'm trying to offer here my friends.  Just another bit of commentary with a rational basis.

Talk to each other.  LISTEN to each other.  STOP the ***** Twitter posting.  TRUST the acumen of your business/academic/scientific institutions!

Like FFS I am trying my best guys.  Please.  Be civil.  Be kind.  Love America and every American. 

I'm so, so tired of this nonsense.  I will keep trying... but I can only do so much.  I want us all to succeed and we can make that happen as one!  That is what America means, does it not?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Capco said:

Oh hey look.  Another 2 pages of Rah-Rah shouting (I'm too tired to go into specifics rn but I have been watching this thread).

@Tiberius I tried to give you a quick run-down of what I objectively thought were serious flaws in the structure of Critical Race Theory (CRT) while avoiding a full-flung description of the entire thing (since idk, you seem to be on a major time crunch maybe?).  

Considering that we are typically on the same side of things, I figured that you would give me the benefit of the doubt when it came to the parts of CRT that I did not comment on (i.e., the parts that are worthy of merit). 

But that is specifically why I quoted you at the very beginning of my statement, after you said you didn't know anything about CRT.  I was trying to loosely educate you (within the realm of what I myself know), while also challenging your rational thought.  

Like, I'm begging for someone to actually provide a rational response to my post earlier.  I want to learn more.  

Do you have any idea what that makes me feel like as someone who is routinely called a communist?

A "theory" is generally some conclusion that is supported by a set of observable facts and data but falls short of being accepted as fact.  And what we do is gather and analyze more information, facts, objective data and observations, and statistics in order to validate or invalidate the theory.  As these facts are gathered they support the theory or suggest other causes or other more plausible theories.  I just don't see how critical race theory passes any of these objectives tests.  It appears to be a subjective interpretation of history created by the authors while bypassing the scientific method of validation and invalidation.  

For example, concluding the primary reason behind the Revolutionary War was so the colonies could maintain the system of slavery.   Its possible this could have been a factor but there is no evidence to support the conclusion it was the primary factor.  It is the author's subjective opinion.  The evidence and documentation and data of the period suggests the primary driver was the desire for independence from the Britain and the rule of the King.  None of the important documents of the time, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and others emphasize the support of slavery at the expense of other objectives and principles.  The preponderance of evidence that points to other factors should invalidate the assumption that slavery was the primary cause.  But the originators of this theory ignore the data and cling to their narrative.

The core of the theory is that "Race" is the primary driver of all social, political, and economic relationships.  Whites share a collective persona and blacks share a collective persona and nothing exists outside of these persons.  All white people share an inclusive and exclusive list of traits and that all black people share an inclusive and exclusive list of traits.  But we can invalidate this conclusion by looking at demographic data in different aggregations such as income or education levels.  A wealthy white person has far less in common with a poor white person than they have with a wealthy black person.  And a wealthy black person has far less in common with a poor black person than they have with a wealthy white person.  I would argue the prevailing factor determining status and person attributes in a "Capitalist" dominant culture has nothing to do with race and everything to do with income.   And I can development an alternative view of culture and classifications using income to explain all the negative consequences faced by the poor.  Consequence of being poor which are shared by whites and blacks.  Privileges of being wealthy shared by whites and blacks.  From statistics and simple observations.  Observations the authors of CRT ignore.  Observations that better explain how culture works in this country.    

And that's the flaw in CRT.  I could go over each and every one of their key conclusions and provide an alternative explanation for every one of them that is much more plausible based on the examination of facts and data available.  And invalidate the entire theory.  But ideologists don't want to listen to facts or statistics.  They just want to believe.  At best the authors of CRT suffer from confirmation bias when analyzing facts and data.  At worst they are knowingly perpetrating a fraud for some purpose other than "teaching history".   What they are teaching is a flawed subjective interpretation of history and culture.

And frankly if the objective is to "teach history" we can view events of the past from the perspective of others without CRT.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

Nice to see the level of professionalism and respect as Milley watched Matt Gaetz shake his head in disgust and didn't fire back at him.

Thank you for sharing. That was great! He gets it. 

57 minutes ago, Governor said:

This POS: 

After the hearing, Gaetz took a swipe at Milley on Twitter: “With Generals like this it’s no wonder we’ve fought considerably more wars than we’ve won.”

Really? Racism makes people stupid 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Critical Race Theory isn’t the problem, it’s the people who are afraid of it.

59 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This POS: 

Really? Racism makes people stupid 

How about you? Have you owned up to your racism yet? Being a white male who lived a privileged life, you need to step up and accept your guilt.

You talk a good game, can you walk the walk and accept your responsibility to promoting racism?

30 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

How about you? Have you owned up to your racism yet? Being a white male who lived a privileged life, you need to step up and accept your guilt.

You talk a good game, can you walk the walk and accept your responsibility to promoting racism?

No, I’m perfect, no need to own up to anything 

KAROL MARKOWICZ: Kudos to black AND white parents mounting an uprising against race theory.

Color-blindness is the traditional American approach.

It’s always had the disadvantage that it doesn’t produce sufficient opportunities for graft and grift, while deliberately-fostered racism provides many.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/23/kudos-to-black-and-white-parents-mounting-an-uprising-against-race-theory/

9 hours ago, Capco said:

Ben is a smart cookie and I have agreed with him before.  But overall, I think he has a gross misconception of reality.  

However, in this case, unless I can be provided with a rational argument otherwise, I have to agree with him (on most points with regards to CRT).  

But as you said, the bottom line is:

When someone has something rational to say, LISTEN.

That doesn't mean take it as ***** GOSPEL.  Ben is smart, but he's just one commentator in a world of sound bites.  

And that's what I'm trying to offer here my friends.  Just another bit of commentary with a rational basis.

Talk to each other.  LISTEN to each other.  STOP the ***** Twitter posting.  TRUST the acumen of your business/academic/scientific institutions!

Like FFS I am trying my best guys.  Please.  Be civil.  Be kind.  Love America and every American. 

I'm so, so tired of this nonsense.  I will keep trying... but I can only do so much.  I want us all to succeed and we can make that happen as one!  That is what America means, does it not?  

You make a few nice points here. I’ve listened to Ben as he tends to be what I look for highly intelligent and attempts to build argument with facts.  He’s is even more entertaining if you listen to his podcast at 1.5x speed for efficiency. 

while I disagree with a number of his views. I do like he isn’t R 100% party line, ie, very pro vaccination, liked Yang for NYC. 

Who would you recommend as a counter podcaster to him, that has opposing view points but argues the liberal perspective in the same 

• Like (+1) 1