RD 6, pick 19 (203): Marquez Stevenson, WR (Houston)

Draft Pick Approval  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Well to be fair, is 4.45 the time you expect from a "speed WR" who is literally nicknamed Speedy?

He just said in his interview, "I don't make excuses, but on my pro day it was really windy and slowed me up. I consistently run in the 4.3."

If you watch his game tape, his speed is evident 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

He just said in his interview, "I don't make excuses, but on my pro day it was really windy and slowed me up. I consistently run in the 4.3."

Good.  He did seem to at least have "game speed".

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

So, Roscoe Parrish ? 😆 

Except Parrish was a waste of a 2nd rounder and thiis guys is a much more polished WR

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Nice Roberts replacement and longer term Mac replacement, good type of find in round 6.

He my replace McKenzie honestly.  Love McKenzie but there's only room for 6 or 7 WRs and we didn't sign him for much 

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Beasley’s heir apparent?

Perhaps not. Apparently route running not a strength at this time.

came to a great place to learn it with diggs, beasley and sanders. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Turbo44 said:

Except Parrish was a waste of a 2nd rounder and thiis guys is a much more polished WR

Fair enough, but I think I’d actually be alright with Roscoe Parrish as a sixth round pick. You’re correct in pointing out the poor usage of a second round pick for that type of player. However, I think a player like Parrish would actually be a decent contributor in Daboll’s offense with a QB like Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Yeah, I believe it. He looked a lot faster than 4:45 to me. He’s a burner and that posted time is not that. Great if you are 6’3”. Not if you are 5’10’.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I feel props to @ROCBillsBeliever are due:

Pay attention to the highlight reels -- on nearly every single deep route catch, Stevenson has to stutter step or slow down and wait for the ball. Do we finally have a receiver who Josh can't overthrow??

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Fair enough, but I think I’d actually be alright with Roscoe Parrish as a sixth round pick. You’re correct in pointing out the poor usage of a second round pick for that type of player. However, I think a player like Parrish would actually be a decent contributor in Daboll’s offense with a QB like Allen. 

Correct - would have loved Parrish as a 6th rounder.  He was an okay player, but way overdrafted

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He my replace McKenzie honestly.  Love McKenzie but there's only room for 6 or 7 WRs and we didn't sign him for much 

Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis, Mac and Marquez or Hodgins with the loser of that 6 WR spot going to the PS is the way I see it, Mac likely to make the roster unless Hodgins and Marquez just ball out in camp 

14 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I don't know what the practice squad/IR rules will be this year, but I predict this guy will develop a turf toe or a sprained pinky and go on IR just before the season.

From the sound of it, he needs to strengthen his upper body, learn to run routes, and master our offense.

All of which my boy Zee_thoven has done

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis, Mac and Marquez or Hodgins with the loser of that 6 WR spot going to the PS is the way I see it, Mac likely to make the roster unless Hodgins and Marquez just ball out in camp 

Brandon Powell is not conceding the KR/PR battle to Isaiah just yet.