Tucker Carlson

T&C

Rupert Murdoch's own Wall St. Journal tells it like it was:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/inner-workings-of-fox-news-on-display-in-defamation-case-bd0e4939?mod=hp_lista_pos3

Mr. Carlson emailed Ms. Scott criticizing Washington bureau executive Bill Sammon’s decision to call Arizona for Mr. Biden before the state’s vote count was completed, saying, “I’ve never seen a reaction like this, to any media company,” according to a Dominion filing. She forwarded his note to Lachlan Murdoch. Ms. Scott and Lachlan Murdoch exchanged texts about the plan: “Viewers going through the 5 stages of grief,” she said, adding that the network would let “viewers know we hear them and respect them.” Mr. Murdoch replied, “Yes. But needs constant rebuilding without any missteps,” according to the filing.

The elder Mr. Murdoch weighed in, saying, “maybe best to let Bill go right away” because it would “be a big message with Trump people.” Mr. Sammon announced he was retiring two months later. 

The filings also give a sense of how Rupert Murdoch communicates with the world outside Fox, including political figures such as Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner. At one point he gave Mr. Kushner confidential information about Mr. Biden’s campaign ads and debate strategy, according to a Dominion filing. At another point, Mr. Murdoch urged then Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell not to endorse Mr. Trump’s stolen-election claims. Mr. Kushner didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Murdoch generally leaves the WSJ news staff alone. Not because of some high-minded "journalistic integrity." No. Just because its high-wealth subscriber base would run away if he turned it into Fox News, The Newspaper.

Fox News? It's all about the business model, baby. Tucker has been exposed as a fraud, so he is apparently now distracting you with drag queens and Jan 6 again ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Rupert Murdoch's own Wall St. Journal tells it like it was:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/inner-workings-of-fox-news-on-display-in-defamation-case-bd0e4939?mod=hp_lista_pos3

Mr. Carlson emailed Ms. Scott criticizing Washington bureau executive Bill Sammon’s decision to call Arizona for Mr. Biden before the state’s vote count was completed, saying, “I’ve never seen a reaction like this, to any media company,” according to a Dominion filing. She forwarded his note to Lachlan Murdoch. Ms. Scott and Lachlan Murdoch exchanged texts about the plan: “Viewers going through the 5 stages of grief,” she said, adding that the network would let “viewers know we hear them and respect them.” Mr. Murdoch replied, “Yes. But needs constant rebuilding without any missteps,” according to the filing.

The elder Mr. Murdoch weighed in, saying, “maybe best to let Bill go right away” because it would “be a big message with Trump people.” Mr. Sammon announced he was retiring two months later. 

The filings also give a sense of how Rupert Murdoch communicates with the world outside Fox, including political figures such as Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner. At one point he gave Mr. Kushner confidential information about Mr. Biden’s campaign ads and debate strategy, according to a Dominion filing. At another point, Mr. Murdoch urged then Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell not to endorse Mr. Trump’s stolen-election claims. Mr. Kushner didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Murdoch generally leaves the WSJ news staff alone. Not because of some high-minded "journalistic integrity." No. Just because its high-wealth subscriber base would run away if he turned it into Fox News, The Newspaper.

Fox News? It's all about the business model, baby. Tucker has been exposed as a fraud, so he is apparently now distracting you with drag queens and Jan 6 again ...

Show of hands...who here reads the WSJ?  A subscription was required text in Econ 101 at my college.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Two hacks hand waving with their nasters talking points in the above posts I'm sure.

Clown world. 

You may choose to ignore it. But I just quoted the emails. Fox News had built the best election night projection model in the business. Bill Samman looked at his Arizona model and was confident that they could call the state for Biden. He was right. Trumpies didn’t like it, and the Fox commentariat really didn’t like it. So Tucker and others rebelled. Samman got fired. Over being right. Over ratings, not over bad journalism. And your Tucker has never paid any price for his clear dishonesty with his own viewers. 

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Show of hands...who here reads the WSJ?  A subscription was required text in Econ 101 at my college.

I am a subscriber, even though I think Murdoch is slime. Like I said, he leaves his precious WSJ alone for business reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am a subscriber, even though I think Murdoch is slime. Like I said, he leaves his precious WSJ alone for business reasons. 

yeah, I don't subscribe any more.  I learned the hard way to trust experts to invest for me. Timing the market is damn near impossible unless you're an insider.

And so now we know what Tucker really thinks about Trump. And about the fools who worship him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/03/07/fox-news-lawsuit/

Two months after the election and just days before Jan. 6, Fox host Tucker Carlson texted with an unknown Fox employee about how badly he wanted to stop covering Trump.

“We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights,” Carlson texted Jan. 4, 2021. “I truly can’t wait.”

“I hate him passionately,” Carlson added.

He continues to play you suckers like the suckers you are. And you lap it up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And so now we know what Tucker really thinks about Trump. And about the fools who worship him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/03/07/fox-news-lawsuit/

Two months after the election and just days before Jan. 6, Fox host Tucker Carlson texted with an unknown Fox employee about how badly he wanted to stop covering Trump.

“We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights,” Carlson texted Jan. 4, 2021. “I truly can’t wait.”

“I hate him passionately,” Carlson added.

He continues to play you suckers like the suckers you are. And you lap it up.

The same could be said of you and Joke.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What? That I hate Biden with a passion? Your comment makes no sense.

Meaning probably one talking heads you listen to thinks Joke is terrible.  Although maybe I'm giving too much credit...

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Meaning probably one talking heads you listen to thinks Joke is terrible.  Although maybe I'm giving too much credit...

I don't start butt-kissing threads here entitled "Rachel Maddow." 

Don't deflect. A lot of people here think Tucker Carlson is some kind of great truth-teller. Except when he's flat-out lying to you.

I don't watch him. Did he even mention the "I hate Trump" thing tonight? He IS the news right now. News Fox News probably isn't covering.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:30 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Tucker Carlson is not a journalist. He’s giving you his opinions and asking you to think about the effects of current affairs. He’s not doing investigative reporting. Hard to believe that people can’t tell the difference anymore. 

Seems to me that's what he's posing as right now - I've got the tapes! And I'm a real reporter!! Please don't ever confront me about hating Trump in the depths of my suntanned *****.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't start butt-kissing threads here entitled "Rachel Maddow." 

Don't deflect. A lot of people here think Tucker Carlson is some kind of great truth-teller. Except when he's flat-out lying to you.

I don't watch him. Did he even mention the "I hate Trump" thing tonight? He IS the news right now. News Fox News probably isn't covering.

Not a watcher of TC either but I don't really care what he says about Trump.  His time has come and gone.

• Haha (+1) 1

There was violence that occurred on J6!!!

Therefore there is zero room for nuance or clarity that comes with getting more information about the events of the day. How dare you traitors ask about clear inconsistencies in the story we've been told for 26 months!

To the extent any of you delusional leftists had functioning grey matter prior to 2016 it's been permanently damaged by the great orange menace. You're forever lost to reality and permanently reside in clown world. Even still, your collective meltdown over the past two days has been absolutely beautiful to watch.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

How you distract from his spot on reporting.  

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

How you distract from his spot on reporting.  

It's self inflicted on his part.  I don't need do anything but these are heady days indeed.  It's fun to watch a bad man go down.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Disagree 1