Tucker Carlson

T&C

27 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3868578-democrats-sound-the-alarm-after-mccarthy-grants-carlson-access-to-jan-6-footage/

“This move is the latest concession by McCarthy to appease the far-right in his conference, many of whom cheered on the insurrection,” Bennett added. “There is a serious question as to whether Speaker McCarthy has the singular authority to release this footage.”

These are the types of politicians I referred to in my post above.  Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi, election deniers 2016.  Pelosi was in charge when Schiff made comments about evidence in his possession tying DJT directly to Putin, evidence never produced nor heard about again post-Mueller.  

Second issue, McCarthy made statements in 2022 that he was going to release footage if he became Speaker.   Pelosi spokesperson doesn’t suggest McCarthy  is legally prohibited from sharing access, instead that a “serious question” is in play.    These are political weasel words designed to rile up the base.   The only serious question is whether or not the law limits release, and if it did, surely there would have been action to prevent it.  

The Dems seem very opposed to transparency, which seems odd given their general position in law enforcement and dealing with the public. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

These are the types of politicians I referred to in my post above.  Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi, election deniers 2016.  Pelosi was in charge when Schiff made comments about evidence in his possession tying DJT directly to Putin.  

Second issue, McCarthy made statements in 2022 that he was going to release footage if he became Speaker.   Pelosi spokesperson doesn’t suggest McCarthy  is legally prohibited from sharing access, instead that a “serious question” is in play.    These are political weasel words designed to rile up the base.   The only serious question is whether or not the law limits release, and if it did, surely there would have been action to prevent it.  

The Dems seem very opposed to transparency, which seems odd given their general position in law enforcement and dealing with the public. 

and his response is to give the information solely to a proven liar and propagandist...

16 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and his response is to give the information solely to a proven liar and propagandist...

That’s fair political debate, who(m) the footage is released to.   Conservatives took great issue with selective leaking of edited clips provided to favored news organizations and will in the future.  Liberals supported that version of story telling, among many others.  

Your argument seems to be you want politicians to do non-political things, but only when they align with your values.  

To the point made by the Pelosi spokesperson et al, the release is legal, or it isn’t.  

Btw when Schiff lied about Russian evidence, was he acting as a liar or propagandist?  Hakeem Jeffries lying about the 2016 election, propagandist or liar?  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s fair political debate, who(m) the footage is released to.   Conservatives took great issue with selective leaking of edited clips provided to favored news organizations and will in the future.  Liberals supported that version of story telling, among many others.  

Your argument seems to be you want politicians to do non-political things, but only when they align with your values.  

To the point made by the Pelosi spokesperson et al, the release is legal, or it isn’t.  

Btw when Schiff lied about Russian evidence, was he acting as a liar or propagandist?  Hakeem Jeffries lying about the 2016 election, propagandist or liar?  

It's almost as if @redtail hawk is a proven partisan hack.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's almost as if @redtail hawk is a proven partisan hack.

Rather than something to do with the actor or act itself, I think it all boils down to an individuals willingness and ability to objectively assess a situation rather then do it subjectively by employing various experience filters, personal preferences and biases, likes and dislikes, to the target topic. 

A subjective example might be person 1 does X and person 2 also does X.  I like person 1 so it was okay but I don't like person 2 so its not okay.  Like an enemy kills 100 civilians and that's a war crime but our side kills 100 civilians and that is brushed off.   

And objective assessment would be eliminating my like or dislike of person 1 or person 2 and simply assess the action X on its own and conclude both person 1 and 2 were either both good or both bad.  In the civilian example above both are bad.

When it comes to political debate we get a lot of subjectivity and while I can admit some level of that behavior in my views it would be nice if the people doing it with regularity would admit to it too.   To those folks, admit your biases, confess your sins!  

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Sorry if you took offense.  Don't you have some fries to serve?

Unlike some, my profession is not splattered on the page for all to see. I'm quite comfortable in where I've been in my career; no need to share here. I'm not so insecure as to need to (rather ambiguously) name myself after what I do for a living. You can judge me by what I say, as I do you. Hope those insurance premiums aren't keeping you down, "Doc".

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

He's lying to you and thinks you're dumb.

I also heard he hates the Bonnies!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Unlike some, my profession is not splattered on the page for all to see. I'm quite comfortable in where I've been in my career; no need to share here. I'm not so insecure as to need to (rather ambiguously) name myself after what I do for a living. You can judge me by what I say, as I do you. Hope those insurance premiums aren't keeping you down, "Doc".

For anesthesia?  Pshaw.  They're among the lowest in the business.  At one time I used to pay my group's insurance premiums on my credit card and racked up quite the FFMs.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

He's lying to you and thinks you're dumb.

I also heard he hates the Bonnies!

Alright Gene….so what was/is your career in? You don’t need to put it on your tag, but I’d love to know. I think it’s super helpful to know the life experiences that have shaped everyone’s opinions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I agree with Gene. This is a forum where political opinions are shared. In most cases we know precious little about the rest of what makes up the whole person.

Therefore we are left to judge almost exclusively based on what people post here.

This is why I'm only left to conclude that @Gene Frenkle is a moron. Could knowing more about he/she/they personally alter my view? Perhaps, but unlikely.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2