Tucker Carlson

T&C

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

you realize that would make many red state residents even more poor...never gonna happen.

Possibly, for a bit, but I think you’re limiting your thinking to keeping every other economic variable exactly as it is right now. Society/business would adjust and paychecks would change. The vast majority of the adjustment could be done with a single computer program. As I always say, nobody cares what their gross pay is. They only care what their net pay is. So raise lower earners pay and reduce upper earners pay to compensate for the change in tax policy.  Don’t think it’s possible? Heck we just raised the minimum wage in the last few years by more than the evolution I’m proposing. 

Then…when everyone is paying the same percentage, a solidly biblical principle, we’ll see who’s ready to expand some ridiculous government program or raise taxes. 

(Not sure why you think some States’ poor are cohesively red or blue though.) 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thank you, I thought you might be referring to these comments, but since you said “…to that effect” it pays to seek clarity. 

I believe you’re misinterpreting what I said.  “Following the narrative…” was an important part of what I wrote, and I didn’t  suggest anything about what people might/might not miss.   If you’re earning $750k per year and in the highest tax bracket, contributing an extra 13-20% of your income may not impact your lifestyle, depending of course on your lifestyle.  The same argument can be viewed at any income level when we’re speaking about the emotional appeal of ‘doing more’.   Whether you would miss it is a separate issue altogether and best viewed through the prism of time. 

People who support the fair share argument can always do more, at least to the point that they have paid 100% of their income in tax.  

yet you intermingled the concepts...

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Possibly, for a bit, but I think you’re limiting your thinking to keeping every other economic variable exactly as it is right now. Society/business would adjust and paychecks would change. The vast majority of the adjustment could be done with a single computer program. As I always say, nobody cares what their gross pay is. They only care what their net pay is. So raise lower earners pay and reduce upper earners pay to compensate for the change in tax policy.  Don’t think it’s possible? Heck we just raised the minimum wage in the last few years by more than the evolution I’m proposing. 

Then…when everyone is paying the same percentage, a solidly biblical principle, we’ll see who’s ready to expand some ridiculous government program or raise taxes. 

(Not sure why you think some States’ poor are cohesively red or blue though.) 

Neither agree with nor see the relevance of the first bolded statement.

re the second, I'll leave this here again.  It's a good piece https://www.yesmagazine.org/economy/2022/03/21/republican-conservative-america-angry

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Neither agree with nor see the relevance of the first bolded statement.

re the second, I'll leave this here again.  It's a good piece https://www.yesmagazine.org/economy/2022/03/21/republican-conservative-america-angry

The relevance is that this is a very old societal concept. It’s not something I made up since Trump (or whatever) got you’all riled up. And as regards to your red state v blue state nonsense, I live in California. We have literally millions of poor people here. Lumping everyone together based on some ‘progressive’ political agenda is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The relevance is that this is a very old societal concept. It’s not something I made up since Trump (or whatever) got you’all riled up. And as regards to your red state v blue state nonsense, I live in California. We have literally millions of poor people here. Lumping everyone together based on some ‘progressive’ political agenda is ridiculous. 

So you think the US should be a theocracy?  and it's y'all 

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So you think the US should be a theocracy?  and it's y'all 

Theocracy? Oh come on. Yes, let’s divorce ourselves from all of society’s ancient principles so we can turn over everything to the progressive State. I thought we were trying to have a conversation. And thanks for the spelling lesson…I work with a bunch of people from Texas and I’ve been trying to work that one into emails now and again. 😉

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Theocracy? Oh come on. Yes, let’s divorce ourselves from all of society’s ancient principles so we can turn over everything to the progressive State. I thought we were trying to have a conversation. And thanks for the spelling lesson…I work with a bunch of people from Texas and I’ve been trying to work that one into emails now and again. 😉

bless your heart...that's another good one to use.  actually a really nice, sweet saying.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Back on topic...

It's become apparent that Tucker doesn't think as much of ya'll as ya'll think of him. Thoughts?

Wait. You believe anyone in media gives a rats $&@ about you personally? I have no such delusions. They’re simply doing a job. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait. You believe anyone in media gives a rats $&@ about you personally? I have no such delusions. They’re simply doing a job. 

I dont think anyone wants media to care for them personally.  You are playing your weird generalizing game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I dont think anyone wants media to care for them personally.  You are playing your weird generalizing game. 

Whereas you apparently prefer, as do many, to get wrapped around the axle of dissecting every detail of every topic. My life experience has shown me that dealing first with the rule, instead of focusing on the thousands of conceivable exceptions, is a better approach to both getting things done and to unclutter your thought process/ decision making. 

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

McCarthy gives Fox News’s Tucker Carlson access to Jan. 6 Capitol surveillance footage

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3866648-mccarthy-gives-fox-news-tucker-carlson-access-to-jan-6-capitol-surveillance-footage/

and only to tucker.  what could possibly go wrong?  I thought you cons were against the gov't picking winners and losers...

Edited by redtail hawk

The footage should be made available for all to see. 

If you gave it to CNN we'd just get the same cherry picked and doctored clips the sham J6 committee showed us.

At least with Tucker we won't get that.

But we should all be able to access all of it.

• Like (+1) 1