Tucker Carlson

T&C

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The footage should be made available for all to see. 

If you gave it to CNN we'd just get the same cherry picked and doctored clips the sham J6 committee showed us.

At least with Tucker we won't get that.

But we should all be able to access all of it.

Yeah - you believe that alright 

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The game has to be played by the rules established, and Washington leaks like a sieve.  

What are you concerned about?  

for starters, this

“Once the capabilities of a U.S. Capitol interior surveillance camera, including its position and whether it pans, tilts or zooms, is disclosed to the public via the release of a single video from that camera, the cat is out of the bag,” Justice Department prosecutors wrote in a July 2021 court filing.

I doubt carlson is below sharing that kind of info with his friends in hate groups

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

for starters, this

“Once the capabilities of a U.S. Capitol interior surveillance camera, including its position and whether it pans, tilts or zooms, is disclosed to the public via the release of a single video from that camera, the cat is out of the bag,” Justice Department prosecutors wrote in a July 2021 court filing.

I doubt carlson is below sharing that kind of info with his friends in hate groups

Unless anyone can cite some clear, specific, and present danger, the right of the people to know the truth and the legal rights of any defendants to due process of the law outlined by the 6th Amendment takes priority over any theoretical security concerns.  Otherwise, such a contention is nothing more than an excuse by the prosecution and the government to hide and suppress exculpatory evidence.  Government motion denied.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Unless anyone can cite some clear, specific, and present danger, the right of the people to know the truth and the legal rights of any defendants to due process of the law outlined by the 6th Amendment takes priority over any theoretical security concerns.  Otherwise, such a contention is nothing more than an excuse by the prosecution and the government to hide and suppress exculpatory evidence.  Government motion denied.    

aren't all threats hypothetical (head scratch)?

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

for starters, this

I guess I understand this concern to a point, but I’m not certain that listening to a prosecutor from a DOJ case is the best source of objective information.   The decision to withhold footage may well have been part of a strategy to win a case where the withheld footage might have shaded or added context to the matter. 

Additionally, if these cameras were designed to help prevent the events of a 1/6, the “cat” referenced sounds like an awful lot like Garfield.  It seems illogical that the people responsible for security haven’t drastically overhauled the system to stay one step ahead of where it was at back then.  

If there are legitimate security concerns, they should be dealt with.  I’m all for that but for now, I’m not really seeing how this is catastrophic.  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I guess I understand this concern to a point, but I’m not certain that listening to a prosecutor from a DOJ case is the best source of objective information.   The decision to withhold no offense, but I'll tafootage may well have been part of a strategy to win a case where the withheld footage might have shaded or added context to the matter. 

Additionally, if these cameras were designed to help prevent the events of a 1/6, the “cat” referenced sounds like an awful lot like Garfield.  It seems illogical that the people responsible for security haven’t drastically overhauled the system to stay one step ahead of where it was at back then.  

If there are legitimate security concerns, they should be dealt with.  I’m all for that but for now, I’m not really seeing how this is catastrophic.  

No offense but i'll take Justice' opinion over yours.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

Why are these being solely given to a man who admittedly and intentionally deceives his viewers? Why is it being given to a "news" organization that admits to lying to achieve its own political objectives and goals?

Because in general all the other news organizations fly cover for the government.  I think that's it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Why are these being solely given to a man who admittedly and intentionally deceives his viewers? Why is it being given to a "news" organization that admits to lying to achieve its own political objectives and goals?

Because the other lying news organizations don't want to see what really went on?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because in general all the other news organizations fly cover for the government.  I think that's it.

FML, you are so dumb it hurts.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Because the other lying news organizations don't want to see what really went on?

And you presumably have a medical degree. Then again, I think your a surgeon, right?

5 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

FML, you are so dumb it hurts.

Exhibit A.  Find this recent bombshell story on any major US outlet from an investigative reporter with a pristine record of uncovering the truth.  But this time.. crickets.  No rebuttals just some mild sideline bashing of the reporter which is typical of these liars.  I rest my case. 

https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/world-int/22973-us-and-norway-blew-up-the-nord-stream-pipelines-seymour-hersh.html

Other stories he broke:

1. My Lai Massacre (1969): Hersh broke the story of the My Lai Massacre, in which American soldiers killed hundreds of Vietnamese civilians. His reporting, which won a Pulitzer Prize, revealed a military cover-up and sparked outrage across the country.
  2. Abu Ghraib Torture (2004): Hersh's reporting on the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq exposed a culture of torture and impunity within the U.S. military. His reporting won a George Polk Award and helped to bring about significant changes in military policy and public opinion.
  3. Nuclear Weapons in Pakistan (1998): Hersh's reporting on Pakistan's nuclear program, including its collaboration with North Korea, was controversial and initially met with skepticism. However, subsequent events confirmed much of his reporting, and it is now widely regarded as groundbreaking.
  4. CIA Domestic Spying (1975): Hersh's reporting on the CIA's illegal domestic spying program helped to expose the agency's abuses of power and contributed to the creation of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
  5. Iran-Contra Affair (1987): Hersh's reporting on the Iran-Contra scandal, in which the Reagan administration sold weapons to Iran and used the proceeds to fund the Contras in Nicaragua, was instrumental in exposing the corruption and illegal activities of high-ranking government officials.
Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Frenx, I don’t know what national security secrets would be exposed by the release of the tapes, but it seems like you’re advocating for a wide scale release.  Give the tapes to PBS, AP etc and others? 

Politics makes strange bedfellows.  This is not new. 

Meanwhile, it’s interesting that prior to the release, the control of the surveillance was exclusively limited to political parties/appointees with a long and rich history of deceiving/misleading the people.    From selective leaks to selected outlets, misleading statements and innuendo to outright manipulation, release seems to be the best option even though it’s not you preferred source.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3868578-democrats-sound-the-alarm-after-mccarthy-grants-carlson-access-to-jan-6-footage/

“This move is the latest concession by McCarthy to appease the far-right in his conference, many of whom cheered on the insurrection,” Bennett added. “There is a serious question as to whether Speaker McCarthy has the singular authority to release this footage.”

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1