Ones who were/are Sopranos series(HBO) fans......

Patrick Duffy

9 hours ago, Draconator said:

Would you believe that I never saw a single episode of The Sopranos? Because it's true.

Your missing out.  I had always wanted to see it but never made the time to make it happen but it was one of the first things on my Quarantine to do list once the Pandemic hit.  Worth it

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Your missing out.  I had always wanted to see it but never made the time to make it happen but it was one of the first things on my Quarantine to do list once the Pandemic hit.  Worth it

TV Watching with my wife is in the evenings, and it's normally programs like Selling New York and Restaurant Impossible. We're big junkies on real estate, home improvement (or restaurant improvement) shows. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

Would you believe that I never saw a single episode of The Sopranos? Because it's true.

Well, not sure what kind of shows you're into, but if you get the time you should check it out. One of the best shows ever imo

43 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Many Saints of Newark chat and go ! 

it’s on HBOMAX now.    Watched it over the weekend.     I liked it.    

I understand why some don’t.    We all wanted more Sopranos>Moltisanti content.  

Read Chase and HBOMAX are in talks of starting a new series. I assume it would continue from the movie prequel. Hope it gets done because I'd definitely be into it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Love the show but thought his wife was sort of a strange character. She is so normal while her husband is completely a murderous, adulterous thug. Like she doesn't know? 

Of course she knew. Always did know. All the wives know what the deal is. They don't know exactly what/how, details etc, but they know what they married into

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Of course she knew. Always did know. All the wives know what the deal is. They don't know exactly what/how, details etc, but they know what they married into

Just did not seem believable how normal she was. I liked her character, but really shouldn't have. If that makes sense 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Just did not seem believable how normal she was. I liked her character, but really shouldn't have. If that makes sense 

Yeah I assume you're talking about the one that played Tony's wife, Carmela. Her character did sometimes irritate me. But the son AJ character I disliked the most, at least the last couple seasons anyways.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well, not sure what kind of shows you're into, but if you get the time you should check it out. One of the best shows ever imo

Read Chase and HBOMAX are in talks of starting a new series. I assume it would continue from the movie prequel. Hope it gets done because I'd definitely be into it.

Oh hell yea.    I irrationally liked young dumb Tony (played by Gandolfini’s son). All

the music was great too.  

Young Uncle Junior and Livia were a trip too.    

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I assume you're talking about the one that played Tony's wife, Carmela. Her character did sometimes irritate me. But the son AJ character I disliked the most, at least the last couple seasons anyways.

That time he tried killing himself in the pool? LOL!! That was funny. 

Not as funny as the Columbus Day episode, though. That is a classic! 

50 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Oh hell yea.    I irrationally liked young dumb Tony (played by Gandolfini’s son). All

the music was great too.  

Young Uncle Junior and Livia were a trip too.    

Lol yeah. Was surprised it turned out to be Jr that got Christopher's father, Dicky M killed. They all had Chris thinking it was a cop on the show lol

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Draconator said:

Yes, I have not either.  Verizon charges to add and remove channels so I am not going to try a channel.

They want me to pay to pay them more.  Verizon is as bad as Microsoft trying to extract every dollar possible.

I used to travel and would binge watch shows like Rome when I was on road and when I'd find a series I really liked I'd get it on DVD.

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I hit a road block about halfway through 3rd season.

The show is great.

But to me, it is tough to watch all the time or to binge. I think its the whole anti-hero thing...idk. I definitely intend to finish it. Just naturally slowing down watching it for some reason... while still acknowledging it is a great show.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nineforty said:

I hit a road block about halfway through 3rd season.

The show is great.

But to me, it is tough to watch all the time or to binge. I think its the whole anti-hero thing...idk. I definitely intend to finish it. Just naturally slowing down watching it for some reason... while still acknowledging it is a great show.

There are times the show was boring and seemingly going nowhere.  Last season is great, doesn’t let down.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So, is that what everyone thought happened to Tony?

Yeah. I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread when they we're on the boat and someone asked Tony what he thinks it's like to die and his response was. "Everything just goes back", or something to that effect. The ending pretty much confirms that.

• Agree 1

I don't think it matters what happened.  Let's get honest, there were only 3 outcomes.  He gets his head blown apart, Carlo testifying and he goes to jail for forever and a day,  or he skates away and goes on.

I for one loved the ending. The creators always treated us like adults. Make up your own mind. 

On 11/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah. I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread when they we're on the boat and someone asked Tony what he thinks it's like to die and his response was. "Everything just goes back", or something to that effect. The ending pretty much confirms that.

Not just the foreshadowing on the boat with Bobby B, but the way Chase filmed the restaurant scene from Tony’s POV. Every time someone entered the restaurant, we saw it from Tony’s POV. The last thing he (we) saw was Meadow entering and then total blackness. 

15 hours ago, gomper said:

I don't think it matters what happened.  Let's get honest, there were only 3 outcomes.  He gets his head blown apart, Carlo testifying and he goes to jail for forever and a day,  or he skates away and goes on.

I for one loved the ending. The creators always treated us like adults. Make up your own mind. 

It was actually the creator that wanted us to know definitively what happened to Tony (so we could concern ourselves with more important things in life).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.