Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

“Do more for their own”

Like student loan forgiveness, universal healthcare, better public transit…?

Nah, tax breaks for the wealthy that explode the deficit so you can cut education and programs for the poor and working class so you can do more tax breaks for the wealthy which explodes the deficit so you can cut education and programs for the poor and working class so you can do more tax breaks for the wealthy which explodes the deficit...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's difficult to wrap our heads around sometimes. We're so used to seeing Trump - the latter day Trump of The Apprentice and on - that we forget how weird he is.

Think about it. If someone told you back in your childhood that sometime in the future we will elect as President a 70-something white man who uses a fake tan made for Dominican or Puerto Rican women ("Bronx color," high orange) all over his face, who has the most bizarro combover of yellow hair you've seen since your granny got a bad hair dye, who leaves the area around his eyes and ears pasty white ...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, tax breaks for the wealthy that explode the deficit so you can cut education and programs for the poor and working class so you can do more tax breaks for the wealthy which explodes the deficit so you can cut education and programs for the poor and working class so you can do more tax breaks for the wealthy which explodes the deficit...

The worst part is they act like they're not slaves to the rich.  If you asked independently most would say they're against making the rich richer.  Yet they are so easily manipulated by culture war BS they don't even see the puppet masters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I thought it was mildly amusing.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/12/6/20998822/trump-orange-concealer-bronx-colors

He did just give himself a new bronzing for the spring, several shades darker than his winter tones.

Check out the raccoon eyes.

11 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The worst part is they act like they're not slaves to the rich.  If you asked independently most would say they're against making the rich richer.  Yet they are so easily manipulated by culture war BS they don't even see the puppet masters. 

The Three Musketeers from Fantasyland in a full-blown circle yank.  Wear eye protection.  Hilarious.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

The Three Musketeers from Fantasyland in a full-blown circle yank.  Wear eye protection.  Hilarious.  

Your name is Irv yet your pic is Clip. What's up with that?

20 minutes ago, Irv said:

Aka:

"This is so correct I have no legitimate reply."

Trump was just caught accidentally telling the truth to billionaire donors, that they should donate because he'll help them.  His tax plan benefitted them above all.

At least dems want them to pay their fair share.  

Edited by L Ron Burgundy

19 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Aka:

"This is so correct I have no legitimate reply."

Trump was just caught accidentally telling the truth to billionaire donors, that they should donate because he'll help them.  His tax plan benefitted them above all.

At least dems want them to pay their fair share.  

Lying and mudslinging is all they've got because the truth contradicts them.

What a mess!

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Lying and mudslinging is all they've got because the truth contradicts them.

What a mess!

Why do you think people were paying $500,000+ to go to the President Clinton, President Obama, President Biden, and Stephen Colbert shindig at Radio City Music Hall?  Out of the goodness of their heart?

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

...and your answer is to surrender your liberty to the clowns in government.

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

What liberty did I surrender?  

You talking covid restrictions?  2nd amendment insanity?  Freedom of speech?

My opinion, from reading your posts, is that your willing to give up most everything

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Said it before, said it again. 

Not a serious political party. Needs to be abolished. 

Can't be abolished,  at least I don't think so, but rebuild top to bottom. 

Trump just did it so it can be done.  Need someone with his type of influence but actually with a functional brain that doesn't pander to whackos.

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

My opinion, from reading your posts, is that your willing to give up most everything

Surely then you can name one. 

I can say I was willing to give up some during covid for the benefit of those around me.   I would call that a responsibility of those living in a functioning society. 

What else?

5 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Surely then you can name one. 

I can say I was willing to give up some during covid for the benefit of those around me.   I would call that a responsibility of those living in a functioning society. 

What else?

You mentioned paying one's fair share just a couple of posts above. 

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You mentioned paying one's fair share just a couple of posts above. 

I'm referring to the rich who get away with paying a much lower % of their income via taxes.

Do you feel it's fair for a billionaire to pay a lower % than middle class people?  I'm definitely not a fan.  I definitely don't see the relation to liberty either but I'm multi-tasking so maybe I'm off base.  You tell me.

Can't be abolished,  at least I don't think so, but rebuild top to bottom. 

Trump just did it so it can be done.  Need someone with his type of influence but actually with a functional brain that doesn't pander to whackos.

Yeah, really needs to be torn down to the studs. Kick out the insane conspiracy losers and get some semblance of what it once stood for 

I'm referring to the rich who get away with paying a much lower % of their income via taxes.

Do you feel it's fair for a billionaire to pay a lower % than middle class people?  I'm definitely not a fan.  I definitely don't see the relation to liberty either but I'm multi-tasking so maybe I'm off base.  You tell me.

America’s upper-income-tax rates currently are the same as international norms, and the pre-1960s income tax rates exceeding 90% raised little additional tax revenue.  But surely cutting spending would be dumb - eat the rich!

Please note I am not rich, so you can't eat me.  Bart Simpson did say "eat my shorts", but I am not 100% sure of the implications of that statement.  I don't recommend it.

Edited by ScotSHO

Income tax is based on two basic factors, (1) taxable income and (2) tax rate. The tax rate is progressive, so as your taxable income increases, the rate increases. The entire US population is subject to the same tax rate table. You earn a billion dollars you are in, without any doubt whatsoever, the highest tax bracket and you'll pay a shytload of taxes.

Now the term "billionaire" is normally associated with wealth, not income. But let's continue along this hypothetical conversation. You earn a billion dollars in year 01 and you pay a shytload of taxes in year 01. You put the net under your mattress. In year 02 you don't earn a wooden nickle. You're still a billionaire, but you're not paying any taxes. 

It is very possible for a billionaire to have a taxable loss in any given tax year. So, to answer your question, whether I think it's fair in any given year, or even in successive years? Of course. It makes complete and total sense to anyone that understands and can read through the media's attempts of playing gotcha.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Your name is Irv yet your pic is Clip. What's up with that?

That’s none of your business and you wouldn’t be able to comprehend it if I told you.  Stay in your lane like I told you son.  

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Income tax is based on two basic factors, (1) taxable income and (2) tax rate. The tax rate is progressive, so as your taxable income increases, the rate increases. The entire US population is subject to the same tax rate table. You earn a billion dollars you are in, without any doubt whatsoever, the highest tax bracket and you'll pay a shytload of taxes.

Now the term "billionaire" is normally associated with wealth, not income. But let's continue along this hypothetical conversation. You earn a billion dollars in year 01 and you pay a shytload of taxes in year 01. You put the net under your mattress. In year 02 you don't earn a wooden nickle. You're still a billionaire, but you're not paying any taxes. 

It is very possible for a billionaire to have a taxable loss in any given tax year. So, to answer your question, whether I think it's fair in any given year, or even in successive years? Of course. It makes complete and total sense to anyone that understands and can read through the media's attempts of playing gotcha.

Are we really going to pretend the wealthy don't exploit the system?    Often it's done legally because they donate money to influence policy leaving massive loopholes.  Your reply makes me believe you know this and are conveniently forgetting.

The famous example comes to mind of Warren Buffet paying a lower effective rate than his secretary. 

54 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Are we really going to pretend the wealthy don't exploit the system?    Often it's done legally because they donate money to influence policy leaving massive loopholes.  Your reply makes me believe you know this and are conveniently forgetting.

The famous example comes to mind of Warren Buffet paying a lower effective rate than his secretary. 

If these people are not breaking the law then the problem is not those rich snobs but bad laws.  I hear Senators Sanders and Warren and others complaining about this.  You have the power. Do something about it.  

But since the politicians have to take money from these rich people to get elected, these are the kind of laws we get.

• Thank you (+1) 1