Jump to content

Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication


Recommended Posts

The one that sticks out to me was September 1999.


I was in college and lived in Colorado at the time. Me and a couple people started driving to New York on a Thursday night. We got to my family’s house in New York on Friday night. We spent the day with them on Saturday. Then, we went to the Bills game on Sunday. They played the Eagles and won 26-0. Woohoo!

 

Then, we started driving back to Colorado on Sunday night. After all that, so thankful that they won! 🤣


OK Bills fans, your turn. Share a story that reveals your dedication.


Go Bills! Go Bills Mafia!

 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was born and raised in Western New York, and have been a Bills fanatic since the team's creation in 1960 (I'm old).   In January 1991, I was a diplomat at the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar,

I rode an uber in Charleston.  The driver was from Rochester.  He told me he gave up rooting for them years ago and is now a Giants fan.   ...his tip = $0.

I moved to LA in 1989 at the age of 20. My second job there was cooking at Gorky’s Russian Cafe.     I told them I couldn’t work Sunday mornings because I was Devout and had to go to church!!!

Posted Images

First thought was a dedicated group of three of us dutifully staying through the bad part and then gratefully there to be a part of to the amazing end of The Comeback Game! 

 

Although  bigger dedication may have been staying until the end of the Bills/Jets Finale 2 seasons ago in the pouring rain of a meaningless/ no playoff implication game - but it was in great to me because my 23 year old son (who is a Bills fan because his ol' man is a Bills fan - bought the tickets for us to go together...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve gotten in trouble at past jobs for watching the game, like BIG trouble. One was even a freaking preseason game.

 

This has happened multiple times. I no longer work Sundays.

 

Sunday birthdays have been an issue too.

 

And probably my future wedding, I will definitely have a secret score keeper who can signal me the score.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in April of 2009 when the first round of the draft still started midday on a Saturday, I was studying abroad in Australia. After a drunken night out in Sydney, I took the wrong (and last) bus and wound up out in the sticks. My buddy and I hitchhiked back to our apartment because I needed to be back by like 6 am local time for about when we were supposed to pick. We got back with a little time to spare, I found some bootleg stream and watched us draft Aaron Maybin 😞

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend got married on a Sunday during football season in 2016. It was actually the day of the Cardinals vs Bills game that the Bills won. While taking wedding photos outside the church I was checking my phone repeatedly for score updates. I remember being annoyed when I was stuck at a wedding while the Bills were up 17-0 at one point during the game. My other friend even called me "immature" because I was looking at the score repeatedly. My response to him was "how about not getting married on a freaking Sunday in September during football season?" I also refuse to work a job that works weekends because I won't miss a Bills game

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

This past year when the bills were making the come back versus the Rams 

 

My whole family was grieving the death of the matriarch of my family, my grandmother (RIP)

 

During the wake all my male cousins and uncles were huddled up in the corner watching the final drive on our phones and the funeral home erupted in cheers and the shout song when we scored

 

 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was born and raised in Western New York, and have been a Bills fanatic since the team's creation in 1960 (I'm old).

 

In January 1991, I was a diplomat at the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.  I was of course desperate to see my team's first appearance in a Super Bowl.  The TV stations in Ulaanbaatar were Mongolian and Russian, and did not carry the game.  The Mongolian government very kindly invited me to watch the game at the Mongolian national TV centre, where they were somehow able to receive it.  I watched it alone with a host who had no idea what was going on.  Like many of you, I still regard Wide Right as one of the worst moments of my life.  My host could see my displeasure, but had no idea what had happened or what it meant to me.  I just thanked him and explained that my team had lost.

 

p.s. I watched Home Run Throwback at the Marine House in Yerevan, Armenia.  My fellow viewers that time at least understood why I was so sad.

 

Hope springs eternal, though, for all of us on this board!

Edited by Blue Devil 69
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I been a non stop fan since '64.

Your fandom is older than me. Way to go, Sir!

39 minutes ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

First thought was a dedicated group of three of us dutifully staying through the bad part and then gratefully there to be a part of to the amazing end of The Comeback Game! 

 

Although  bigger dedication may have been staying until the end of the Bills/Jets Finale 2 seasons ago in the pouring rain of a meaningless/ no playoff implication game - but it was in great to me because my 23 year old son (who is a Bills fan because his ol' man is a Bills fan - bought the tickets for us to go together...

Meaningless and rain. Yup!

28 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Does living in South Florida and wearing my EJ Manuel jersey in public count?😱

🤣 Yes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Beast said:

In 1994 I played sick on Thanksgiving so I didn't have to go to my in-laws and could watch the Bills play in peace.

Did you get that trick from Ferris Bueller?

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This past year when the bills were making the come back versus the Rams 

 

My whole family was grieving the death of the matriarch of my family, my grandmother (RIP)

 

During the wake all my male cousins and uncles were huddled up in the corner watching the final drive on our phones and the funeral home erupted in cheers and the shout song when we scored

 

 

Grandma must be proud. 🤣

 

Sorry for your loss though, bro!

25 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

My friend got married on a Sunday during football season in 2016. It was actually the day of the Cardinals vs Bills game that the Bills won. While taking wedding photos outside the church I was checking my phone repeatedly for score updates. I remember being annoyed when I was stuck at a wedding while the Bills were up 17-0 at one point during the game. My other friend even called me "immature" because I was looking at the score repeatedly. My response to him was "how about not getting married on a freaking Sunday in September during football season?" I also refuse to work a job that works weekends because I won't miss a Bills game

Sunday weddings 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This past year when the bills were making the come back versus the Rams 

 

My whole family was grieving the death of the matriarch of my family, my grandmother (RIP)

 

During the wake all my male cousins and uncles were huddled up in the corner watching the final drive on our phones and the funeral home erupted in cheers and the shout song when we scored

 

 

To paraphrase the priest in the Seinfeld episode:  "Well, then it's simple...you're all going to Hell".

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Back in April of 2009 when the first round of the draft still started midday on a Saturday, I was studying abroad in Australia. After a drunken night out in Sydney, I took the wrong (and last) bus and wound up out in the sticks. My buddy and I hitchhiked back to our apartment because I needed to be back by like 6 am local time for about when we were supposed to pick. We got back with a little time to spare, I found some bootleg stream and watched us draft Aaron Maybin 😞

Going through all of that just for us to get Maybin? And you stayed a fan? 🤣

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Did you get that trick from Ferris Bueller?

Grandma must be proud. 🤣

 

Sorry for your loss though, bro!

Sunday weddings 🙄

Grandma liked the Bills! I feel it was warranted

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ve gotten in trouble at past jobs for watching the game, like BIG trouble. One was even a freaking preseason game.

 

This has happened multiple times. I no longer work Sundays.

 

Sunday birthdays have been an issue too.

 

And probably my future wedding, I will definitely have a secret score keeper who can signal me the score.

Bro, just don’t get married on a Sunday!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Grandma liked the Bills! I feel it was warranted

Yup, a celebratory way to go out.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the nineties my friend and I were on our way to Holiday Valley for a New Years weekend ski trip. We were coming from Toronto, Canada and we drove right by Rich Stadium (I still call it that). There was a sign saying tickets were on sale for the Sunday playoff game, so we turned around and stood in line to get tickets. Then we continued on to Holiday Valley and returned on Sunday for the playoff game. Yes, the Bills won. I think it was the Miami "Cry Baby Cox" game! Awesome. Then we went back to Holiday Valley after the game to continue our ski trip. Great long weekend!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...