TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

The Buffalo Bills select Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas. 

Bills needed to add some pass rush and get you see, and having a 1st round graded prospect fall into their laps was almost too good to be true.  Without any trades, the Bills have found fantastic value twice with players who will rotate into the lineup for solid snaps. 

The Packers are on the clock @Reed83HOF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (HappyDays) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

@Virgil

The Green Bay Packers select Eric Stokes. You all watched the NFC championship game, we need a CB and the value cannot be passed up here (although a WR is also on our list)...

@HappyDays is on the clock

I personally was surprised Kevin King didn’t sign with the Bucs this offseason as he’s already won a playoff game for them. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

The Buffalo Bills select Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas. 

Bills needed to add some pass rush and get you see, and having a 1st round graded prospect fall into their laps was almost too good to be true.  Without any trades, the Bills have found fantastic value twice with players who will rotate into the lineup for solid snaps. 

The Packers are on the clock @Reed83HOF

Meh, I think Tryon is a better fit for our offense, but I like the speed of Ossai. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

With the 63rd pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina.

The Buccaneers @inaugural balls are on the clock.

With this pick the rich get richer. The Chiefs don't have a true #2 WR to put across from Tyreek Hill. Sammy Watkins is gone (and was barely there to begin with) and Mecole Hardman is more of a gadget player. Dyami Brown also happens to be the BPA at this spot. Brown is an excellent vertical receiver so he fits right into KC's scheme. His route tree is still a little limited but with Hill and Kelce drawing so much attention from defenses he'll have plenty of room to develop his skills.

• Sad 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (Inaugural balls) are on the clock
6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

With the 63rd pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina.

The Buccaneers @inaugural balls are on the clock.

With this pick the rich get richer. The Chiefs don't have a true #2 WR to put across from Tyreek Hill. Sammy Watkins is gone (and was barely there to begin with) and Mecole Hardman is more of a gadget player. Dyami Brown also happens to be the BPA at this spot. Brown is an excellent vertical receiver so he fits right into KC's scheme. His route tree is still a little limited but with Hill and Kelce drawing so much attention from defenses he'll have plenty of room to develop his skills.

I would hate this. I think Dyami is the absolute perfect complement for Tyreek and Kelce. 

With the 64th pick in the TSW mock draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select, Rondale Moore, WR, Perdue. 

The champs know the window is wide open for a repeat. They added speed to the defense in round 1 and did so here, in spades, to the offense - and special teams! The Bucs feel Moore’s impact can be felt immediately in 2 phases of the game. His talents will allow the offense to line him all over. Jet sweeps, running past defenders vertically, coming out of the backfield, Rondale will carve out a role that defenders will need to account for. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Alright everyone, that’s it for 1.0.  I debated going 3 rounds, but with it being Thursday and wanting to do 3 rounds for the next two, I’m going to end this one now.  

2.0 will include trades and owner signups will be this weekend. 

Please stay tuned 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Alright everyone, that’s it for 1.0.  I debated going 3 rounds, but with it being Thursday and wanting to do 3 rounds for the next two, I’m going to end this one now.  

2.0 will include trades and owner signups will be this weekend. 

Please stay tuned 

Virgil you're the man! Thanks for doing this. Helps to survive time until actual draft.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Thanks Virgil! These mocks are always fun to do.

I would be interested to hear from any of our resident draft experts/big board curators on how they think this first mock went. Who had best value pick? Biggest reach? Best/worst combined picks for a single team? Outside of research for this mock, I have not taken much time to look into draft prospects this year so would really appreciate additional insight to this mock overall. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Philo said:

I would be interested to hear from any of our resident draft experts/big board curators on how they think this first mock went. Who had best value pick? Biggest reach? Best/worst combined picks for a single team? Outside of research for this mock, I have not taken much time to look into draft prospects this year so would really appreciate additional insight to this mock overall. 

I'll give you my take.

Best value pick: @HappyDays and the Kansas City Chiefs with pick #63, selecting Dyami Brown. He is #28 on my provisional big board. Closely followed by TSW Poll and the Buffalo Bills with pick #61, selecting Joseph Ossai who is #32 on my provisional board. Third would be @NewEra and the LA Rams picking Nick Bolton at #57. He is #34 on my board. 

Biggest reach: @Canadian Bills Fan and the Indianapolis Colts with pick #54 selecting Dan Moore. I watched 2 games of him, gave him a late day 3 / Priority UDFA grade and moved on. I am not totally sold on the scheme fit either. He is a zone scheme only guy for me and the Colts are pretty multiple in their blocking concepts. Sorry CBF!

Best combination picks: There are a few I like...I think @Nester (49ers); @frostbitmic (Saints); @Philo (Cardinals); and @TPS (Chargers) all did nice jobs. 

Worst combination picks: Again I have to say by my grading alone @Canadian Bills Fan and the Colts took a guy in round 1 I have at #48 and a guy in round 2 I see as late day 3. Of course I may well be wrong and CBF may well be the one smiling in a year or two's time on how that would have worked out.

Other than the Colts there was nobody else where I didn't like either pick. Most other teams if I was unsure about their move in round 1 I liked what they did in round 2 and vice versa. 

Was a lot of fun though, not just the picks but reading people's explanations behind them. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Philo said:

Best values (in my mind) in no particular order:

• Ossai
  • Radunz
  • Stokes
  • Bateman
  • Rondale Moore
  • Ettiene
  • Baron Browning
  • Wyatt Davis
  • Jaelen Phillips
  • Azeez Ojulari
  • Jaycee Horn

Biggest reaches (in my mind) in no particular order:

• Greg Rousseau
  • Creed Humphrey

• Javonte Williams as the 1st RB off the board

• Chazz Surratt

• Jamar Johnson

• Jackson Carman

• Dan Moore

• Josh Meyers

Cumulative team perceptions:

• Jags: got good/great value at each pick
  • Jets: picks all have reasonably high bust factor for their draft slot
  • 49ers: solid/unspectacular. Fields at 3 is a layup, Campbell maybe just a slight reach, but in pecking order of CBs, not too much there to critique
  • Falcons: Pitts no question BPA, but a luxury pick after spending a 3rd and a lot of cash on Hurst. Got 2 physical freaks big upside.
  • Bengals: passing on Sewell looks a lot better with Eichenberg; Chase will be a star
  • Dolphins: Good/great value on all picks but Rousseau who will take a few years to develop but high upside may counteract that since MIA's best days are still ahead of them
  • Lions: Jamar Johnson one of the bigger reaches to me. Fits a need but better players on the board, even at S. Smith should get every opportunity to shine.
  • Panthers: Lance goes somewhere where he can develop, think that offense would be a problem in a couple years. Freirmuth good value.
  • Broncos: Parsons an instant star there. Didn't feel like Cosmi was the best OT on the board, but fills a need.
  • Cowboys: Copy/paste from Broncos -- Surtain an instant starter, limitless ceiling. Not a big Leatherwood guy (especially with Radunz still on the board). In the 2nd, he has bust written all over him to me.
  • Giants: LOVE Waddle, love giving Danny Dimes all the opportunities to sink or swim. Etienne an interesting pick with Saquon entrenched there, but great value.
  • Eagles: Love both Farley and Bateman picks, great value, but it has to be asked... Is Caleb Farley really what they want to be able to show for that trade back? Feels like there'll be pressure for a splashier pick there. Bateman one of the best values in this mock.
  • Chargers: Mission: protect Justin Herbert, get him weapons. Status: Complete. Is slater a T or a G? Either way he's great value and a great talent. Elijah Moore not my favorite WR on the board there, but plenty talented and gets to come in as 3rd on the depth chart and learn from Keenan Allen.
  • Vikings: If you only have one pick in the top 2 rounds, you can certainly do a TON worse than coming away with Kwitty Paye. No notes!
  • Cheatriots: I have my doubts about Mac Jones, but hard to argue his similarities to Brady. LOVE Wyatt Davis, which makes me sad that I'd now have to hate Wyatt Davis.
  • Cards: Horn will be a stud. Like adding to the OL, but don't know about Dickerson's fit in that offense.
  • Raiders: Alijah Vera-Tucker is solid value later in the first. Thought Carman was a reach.
  • WFT: Darrisaw and Browning are both great values. Browning's fit in that defense a little circumspect, but at some point talent is talent.
  • Bears: Teven Jenkins is solid value here. Joseph a bit more developmental but high ceiling.
  • Titans: Newsome and Basham both very good values late in their rounds.
  • Colts: Azeez Ojulari another steal of this draft. Dan Moore... notsomuch
  • Steelers: Surprised they took Javonte Williams over Harris (and less-so, Etienne); Meyers felt like a reach
  • Seahawks: I wanted a starting OL and got a guy that's arguably a 1st round talent. Was very happy to land Radunz. Seahawks have a late 2, a late 4 and one of the last picks in the draft, so in reality they will almost certainly be trading out of that spot barring something amazing falling to them... In my eyes, Radunz might be that good...
  • Rams: With only 1 pick, late in the 2nd, coming away with Nick Bolton is great value at a position that could stand reinforcements and depth
  • Browns: Surratt and Samuel both felt like reaches to me. Solid players but probably each about a round too early.
  • Ravens: Only minor quibbles about Terrance Marshall, I think he'll have a great career, but feels like that team needs more of an alpha, I would've gone with Bateman, but again, it's a minor nit. Perkins felt like a bit of a reach with Tryon and Ossai still on the board, but going to Baltimore probably means he'll end up a star.
  • Saints: Solid value with Collins/Nasildereen... ZC maybe a slight reach, Nas a slight value balances out nicely -- 2 solid pieces on D
  • Packers: Arguably the "winners" of this draft. Doesn't get better than Barmore and Stokes at the end of their respective rounds.
  • Bills: Probably the Pack's only competition for "winning" this thing... JOK and Ossai are great pieces to add. I wanted Phillips in the 1st, but if you could guarantee me that Ossai would be there for us in the 2nd, I'd be VERY okay with this result!
  • Chiefs: Mayfield walks right into a starting role. Dyami Brown's a great value but maybe a bit of a luxury pick since that offense seems to manufacture production.
  • Bucs: No notes. Phillips is a stud and gets to learn from 2 of the best pass rushers in the game?!? I'm slightly lower on Rondale Moore than most, and he's at best their #4 pass catcher (which excludes Gronk, OJ Howard and Brate) but can't argue with the value there.
Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Cumulative team perceptions:

• Jags: got good/great value at each pick
  • Jets: picks all have reasonably high bust factor for their draft slot - I'd go further and say Humphrey and Melifonwu are reaches and Humphrey I don't see as a scheme fit either. 
  • 49ers: solid/unspectacular. Fields at 3 is a layup, Campbell maybe just a slight reach, but in pecking order of CBs, not too much there to critique
  • Falcons: Pitts no question BPA, but a luxury pick after spending a 3rd and a lot of cash on Hurst. Got 2 physical freaks big upside.
  • Bengals: passing on Sewell looks a lot better with Eichenberg; Chase will be a star
  • Dolphins: Good/great value on all picks but Rousseau who will take a few years to develop but high upside may counteract that since MIA's best days are still ahead of them
  • Lions: Jamar Johnson one of the bigger reaches to me. Fits a need but better players on the board, even at S. Smith should get every opportunity to shine.
  • Panthers: Lance goes somewhere where he can develop, think that offense would be a problem in a couple years. Freirmuth good value.
  • Broncos: Parsons an instant star there. Didn't feel like Cosmi was the best OT on the board, but fills a need.
  • Cowboys: Copy/paste from Broncos -- Surtain an instant starter, limitless ceiling. Not a big Leatherwood guy (especially with Radunz still on the board). In the 2nd, he has bust written all over him to me - I'll defend myself a little on Leatherwood by saying I'm not sold on him as a left tackle but I think right tackle or guard he can start for a long time. 
  • Giants: LOVE Waddle, love giving Danny Dimes all the opportunities to sink or swim. Etienne an interesting pick with Saquon entrenched there, but great value.
  • Eagles: Love both Farley and Bateman picks, great value, but it has to be asked... Is Caleb Farley really what they want to be able to show for that trade back? Feels like there'll be pressure for a splashier pick there. Bateman one of the best values in this mock. - disagree on Bateman. I think he is solid. Don't see any special with him. I thought this was a small reach. He is a round 2 guy but #37 too early for me. 
  • Chargers: Mission: protect Justin Herbert, get him weapons. Status: Complete. Is slater a T or a G? Either way he's great value and a great talent. Elijah Moore not my favorite WR on the board there, but plenty talented and gets to come in as 3rd on the depth chart and learn from Keenan Allen.
  • Vikings: If you only have one pick in the top 2 rounds, you can certainly do a TON worse than coming away with Kwitty Paye. No notes!
  • Cheatriots: I have my doubts about Mac Jones, but hard to argue his similarities to Brady. LOVE Wyatt Davis, which makes me sad that I'd now have to hate Wyatt Davis.
  • Cards: Horn will be a stud. Like adding to the OL, but don't know about Dickerson's fit in that offense.
  • Raiders: Alijah Vera-Tucker is solid value later in the first. Thought Carman was a reach.
  • WFT: Darrisaw and Browning are both great values. Browning's fit in that defense a little circumspect, but at some point talent is talent.
  • Bears: Teven Jenkins is solid value here. Joseph a bit more developmental but high ceiling. - think Jenkins is a bit of a reach. I'm against RT only guys in round 1 as a rule. 
  • Titans: Newsome and Basham both very good values late in their rounds. - love Newsome, Basham is meh
  • Colts: Azeez Ojulari another steal of this draft. Dan Moore... notsomuch - Ojulari I question both on talent and scheme fit. He is a 3-4 OLB for me. 
  • Steelers: Surprised they took Javonte Williams over Harris (and less-so, Etienne); Meyers felt like a reach 
  • Seahawks: I wanted a starting OL and got a guy that's arguably a 1st round talent. Was very happy to land Radunz. Seahawks have a late 2, a late 4 and one of the last picks in the draft, so in reality they will almost certainly be trading out of that spot barring something amazing falling to them... In my eyes, Radunz might be that good...
  • Rams: With only 1 pick, late in the 2nd, coming away with Nick Bolton is great value at a position that could stand reinforcements and depth
  • Browns: Surratt and Samuel both felt like reaches to me. Solid players but probably each about a round too early.
  • Ravens: Only minor quibbles about Terrance Marshall, I think he'll have a great career, but feels like that team needs more of an alpha, I would've gone with Bateman, but again, it's a minor nit. Perkins felt like a bit of a reach with Tryon and Ossai still on the board, but going to Baltimore probably means he'll end up a star. - agree on Perkins but just to add to it I worry about the scheme fit. Does he have the bend to play as an edge in that scheme? Not sold. Prefer him as a an end in a 4-3. 
  • Saints: Solid value with Collins/Nasildereen... ZC maybe a slight reach, Nas a slight value balances out nicely -- 2 solid pieces on D
  • Packers: Arguably the "winners" of this draft. Doesn't get better than Barmore and Stokes at the end of their respective rounds.
  • Bills: Probably the Pack's only competition for "winning" this thing... JOK and Ossai are great pieces to add. I wanted Phillips in the 1st, but if you could guarantee me that Ossai would be there for us in the 2nd, I'd be VERY okay with this result!
  • Chiefs: Mayfield walks right into a starting role. Dyami Brown's a great value but maybe a bit of a luxury pick since that offense seems to manufacture production.
  • Bucs: No notes. Phillips is a stud and gets to learn from 2 of the best pass rushers in the game?!? I'm slightly lower on Rondale Moore than most, and he's at best their #4 pass catcher (which excludes Gronk, OJ Howard and Brate) but can't argue with the value there.

I agreed with a huge amount of this, great post. I have a few disagreements I've marked in red, but overall a nice assessment. 

7 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Haha. Still love ya CBF. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'll defend myself a little on Leatherwood by saying I'm not sold on him as a left tackle but I think right tackle or guard he can start for a long time. 

Do you see Mayfield as a RT only? I debated between him and Leatherwood for my 1st round pick with the Chiefs but ultimately chose Mayfield because I feel he is the higher ceiling player, so I didn't worry as much about positional value.