Kyle Fuller released, and signs with Broncos

Fuller, Simmons, Darby(meh) and Ojemudia (their rookie who showed some stuff last year) Is a good group. They got rid of Kareem Jackson, but I wonder if he’ll be back on the cheap. 

That team is a QB away from being a real threat in the West. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This off-season has been a lesson in not believing rumors. Whether getting strung along by so called insiders or Jj Watt himself, it seems best to celebrate the successes and bemoan the losses that have been confirmed.

And i’m one of them. I got caught up and I was hopeful for Fuller or Mack. But let’s also admit that Trubisky is worth exactly what he signed for. This Madden scale of signing a 73 overall for the price of a 72 is worth a hill of beans. I’m a Beane believer but this one wasn’t him at his height of executive power. It was between us and other teams with established starters and limited odds of seeing non-preseason snaps. 

The inconvenient truth is that Mitchell signed with us because Josh’s playing style lends itself to injury. He sees an opportunity to play well in relief and get a rich contract next year. Good for him but i’m hoping that against all odds that he’s just a comforting presence in the QB room and an expert clipboard commando.  

34 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I know the patient Beane crowd will disagree, but a few nice 8-10 M deals we should of moved some money and took a shot at. Also no, we would not have had to "mortgage the future" to do so either. Fuller and Peterson both would have been awesome upgrades, even for a year.

It doesn't really matter what you, me, or anyone thinks. What matters is how Beane thinks and operates. And he pretty much said yesterday he's done all the re-structures he was interested in doing with Mitch Morse, Vernon Butler, Mario Addison, and Tyler Matakevitch (on top of the releases of John Brown and Quinton Jefferson and the trade of Lee Smith). He has already done a bunch.

Could he possibly do more? Yes. But maybe the player isn't interested. Maybe it's not as simple to kick certain ones down the road with his plan for future seasons. If his words aren't enough, his not doing more while the market is dwindling should tell you all you need to know.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure who he's worried about with regards to the future outside of Allen.... Edmunds? Nah. He's not worth what they think he is. 

I’m not sure you see the big picture here... at least in the way Beane does. 

Beane has made it clear that he values building relationships with the players and treating them a certain way. Obviously we don’t know everything there, but he’s made points about it before so it plays into this. There’s a good quote in Embedded from... 2 years ago? When Beane says during a pre-free agency meeting “We need to be careful with who we pay. The guys in the locker room pay attention to that.” He cares about what they think... and rightfully so... they’re people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, benderbender said:

The inconvenient truth is that Mitchell signed with us because Josh’s playing style lends itself to injury. He sees an opportunity to play well in relief and get a rich contract next year. Good for him but i’m hoping that against all odds that he’s just a comforting presence in the QB room and an expert clipboard commando.  

Did you watch Allen last year? Allen is a veteran, period. He took some shots in the playoffs, sure.. but he knows what he's doing out there, now.

Mitch signed with the Bills BECAUSE of Josh Allen's development. If you want to get better as a quarterback, Buffalo TODAY, is arguably the top destination in NFL history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Where are the broncos finding this money?

Why don't they waive Von Miller?!

Come on? We need him to win a Super Bowl!

There was some speculation that he might be released if he didn't restructure because the option was quite pricey. Tho he didn't re-structure - they bit the bullet and picked up the option to retain him. He's not going anywhere. 

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/21/denver-broncos-von-miller-was-a-high-priority-for-george-paton/

That Star contract really sucks. Feel like it’s hindered the team from making exactly this kind of signing this offseason. However it’s really the only move I think I could criticize Beane for during his tenure here, but pobody’s nerfect.  Hopefully he’s learned not to sink significant money into a rotational lineman right before a pandemic hits...