Watson bombshell?

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Good opening response by Watson. 

Odd that he said he was just made aware of the lawsuit via social media and hasn’t yet seen the claim... but also quickly rejected a baseless six-figure settlement demand when the suit was filed? 

Clean statement from Watson otherwise... but that seemed kind of odd to me...? 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Let me guess...another woman suddenly "remembering" what happened 5 years ago??

Settle down Kobe.  Not all claims are false and sexual assaults come with a lot of complexities.  

That is not to say Watson should be assumed guilty.  My initial read on this is that the lawyer is self aggrandizing and that law schools have lowered their standards when it comes to the written word.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pick your option. 

1. Watson making up the lawsuit to get himself out of Houston either via cutting or traded (which helps damage the Houston owners in the process because they get little value in return). 

2. Another team is making up the lawsuit to lower Watson’s value to the point Houston either cuts him, or they can come in with a low offer (helps this team acquire Watson for “cheap” ). 

3. Houston is making up the lawsuit to lower Watson’s value to the point no other team becomes interested and Watson stays with the team until the contract is finished ( I don’t see this as being the case, because why would they damage his value as to possibly get nothing in return for their investment). 

4. Watson didn’t do anything and is getting slandered by some crazy woman/lawyer. Which hurts Watson and really every party involved except for some team willing to deal with the allegations. 

5. Watson did something and possibly hurt his career. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Odd that he said he was just made aware of the lawsuit via social media and hasn’t yet seen the claim... but also quickly rejected a baseless six-figure settlement demand when the suit was filed? 

Not necessarily. It doesn’t sound like anyone has seen or is aware of what is in the civil complaint yet - given there’s zero details out there except this insane statement by the plaintiff’s lawyer.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Good opening response by Watson. 

I want the truth and punishment where it is due. That also goes for people who make false claims. Their penalty should be commensurate with their claims, if false. It’s far too easy to throw it out there in hopes of a payday, tarnish a reputation, then walk away. 

Having said that, I obviously have no clue what happened and hope they get to the bottom of it. Everybody needs to get what they deserve here. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Sounds like a shake down, and the lawyer asked for several hundred thousand upfront. I doubt the lawyer handed over a written summation of the claims when he asked for the payout.

Just now, Augie said:

I want the truth and punishment where it is due. That also goes for people who make false claims. Their penalty should be commensurate with their claims, if false. It’s far too easy to throw it out there in hopes of a payday, tarnish a reputation, then walk away. 

Having said that, I obviously have no clue what happened and hope they get to the bottom of it. Everybody needs to get what they deserve here. 

I’m going with option 4. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Pick your option. 

1. Watson making up the lawsuit to get himself out of Houston either via cutting or traded (which helps damage the Houston owners in the process because they get little value in return). 

2. Another team is making up the lawsuit to lower Watson’s value to the point Houston either cuts him, or they can come in with a low offer (helps this team acquire Watson for “cheap” ). 

3. Houston is making up the lawsuit to lower Watson’s value to the point no other team becomes interested and Watson stays with the team until the contract is finished ( I don’t see this as being the case, because why would they damage his value as to possibly get nothing in return for their investment). 

4. Watson didn’t do anything and is getting slandered by some crazy woman/lawyer. Which hurts Watson and really every party involved except for some team willing to deal with the allegations. 

2. Ernie Adams doing what Ernie Adams does, and pinning on Houston. 

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Pick your option. 

options 1 thru 3 are completely crazy so I suppose I’d bet 4 or 5.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Pick your option. 

4. Watson didn’t do anything and is getting slandered by some crazy woman. Which hurts Watson and really every party involved except for some team willing to deal with the allegations. 

There are probably a lot more options but I can’t see how Watson, the Texans, or another team could possibly be staging this.  The risk/reward if that were shown is waaaaaaaaaaay too high for any of the three to do that.

Except maybe the Patriots because they are clearly allowed to do shady things.

Edited by 4merper4mer

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Pick your option. 

Or story is made up to cushion the blow when they trade him after saying they wouldn’t???

Edited by Solomon Grundy

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

File a sexual assault suit against him? I mean the Texans are a mess but that’s taking things a bit far

It's totally crazy, I get it. 

Timing is just so strange... Just hours before the new league year begins.  Who benefits?

Not the Texans, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Or story is made up to cushion the blow when they trade him after saying they wouldn’t???

If that’s the intent by the team, wouldn’t a plant story like this hurt the trade value they’d get in return for dealing him? Doesn’t make much sense, but this is the Texans were talking about.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

But why do it now, wouldn’t that lower the trade value of Watson in some teams eyes dealing with a potential lawsuit? Although I see where you are coming from. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

No.  He said he rejected a six-figure demand before the suit was filed.  Makes complete sense.