Something brewing in NE?

13 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

How much as New England spent and how much do they have left?

They have enough to sign a starting QB at like 25 mill. I do not know the numbers yet, but they didn't spend as much as some thought they did. 

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Especially where the Patriots have their 3 firsts. Not one premium pick in the bunch. 

What do the Patriots care if it takes 5 firsts plus more?

They don't draft well early and their HC is gonna' 70 years old next year.......it's not like he's going to see all of those guys play out those contracts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Sorry, what exactly do you guys think the Pats have to offer that will get them Deshaun Watson?

You think rather than taking a top 3 pick and multiple other first round picks in this draft and next draft from the Jets or Dolphins, the Texans would prefer the Patriots' 15th overall pick and their future late 1st rounders after they put Watson on a loaded team?

They are stupid, but not that stupid.

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Billy B and Ernie Adams have a long term plan to infiltrate other franchises so they can pull the strings to make favorable deals. This is going to go down as  a conspiracy rivaling who killed JFK! 

Wouldn't surprise me Belicheck and the Pats can't be trusted.

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Watching this all in slow motion since yesterday. This isn't surprising at all. People way too quick to laugh. 

Man the little brother mentality is strong on here.  I think most fans just said "hey they still dont have a QB" despite the googly eyes from Greenberg and the tweet from their coked up safety, they still dont.  The meassage board runs with it and assumes its Watson.

I remember the offseason before the Allen draft googly eye tweets had Aaron Rodgers being a potential Bills trade target. Before that it was Leveon Bell and Khalil Mack.  If it happens ok, but to be all sullen and I told you so like when nothimg has happened is silly.

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What do the Patriots care if it takes 5 firsts plus more?

They don't draft well early and their HC is gonna' 70 years old next year.......it's not like he's going to see all of those guys play out those contracts.

You can't give more than 3 in advance. I agree though if they could give 5 no reason for them not to.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep...

I don't think it would hurt Allen's feelings to have a rival...........he's a competitor..........not sure if it will be so good for the "Beane is a wizard" narrative if the Pats totally re-tooled and came away with a top 5 QB and all he was able to accomplish was to double down on what he had......including a bunch of guys that under produced........while his QB was still on his rookie contract.    Not that I don't think Beaner is "tryin'" but there hasn't been a whole lotta' pressure to do more than that.....knowing the division was handicapped with Cam, Sam and Tua.   

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets and Fins have the ammo to make a trade for Watson, the Patriots don't.

Would the Texans be stupid enough to take Cam Newton in a trade? Meanwhile, the Dolphins have Tua and the Jets have Darnold plus those early firsts.

Not to mention that I think Watson has had more than enough from the NE school of coaching/GM to never want to be in that position again. 

Think something else...and that won't be good enough.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hurt his feelings? Nah, he’d be fired up more than anything else. Just hope they continue to help him out and give him another playmaker or two. 

We won’t need much from Allen. We have SINGLETARY. 

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I knew it was bull#### lol. I think they try and draft a QB otherwise Cam is going to be their starter

The suits just knocked on his door and threatened his life.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You can't give more than 3 in advance. I agree though if they could give 5 no reason for them not to.

First 3 picks for 3 years?    

I suspect that's about how long BB will coach.

The Pats couldn't scratch up enough capital.......not sure anyone could without a real franchise QB coming back........... to get me to trade Watson.

But there is a connection there.

16 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Sorry, what exactly do you guys think the Pats have to offer that will get them Deshaun Watson?

You think rather than taking a top 3 pick and multiple other first round picks in this draft and next draft from the Jets or Dolphins, the Texans would prefer the Patriots' 15th overall pick and their future late 1st rounders after they put Watson on a loaded team?

They are stupid, but not that stupid.

Regarding the Texans I've been told by many on here that a Jesus-freak with a colorfully painted van is driving and God is his co-pilot...........so I'm not ruling out divine intervention.