Can someone explain to me the Pats strategy?

appoo

17 hours ago, appoo said:

They're spending a bunch of money on signing good to above average F/As, none of whom will push them over into contending range when you've hollowed out your OLine, have the broken down version of Cam Newton as your QB, and don't have much WR talent.

All they're really doing is setting themselves up to pick at 15 - 20, so basically out of the running for a franchise QB. Unless their strategy is a 5 years of being mediocre, I don't get it.

Either rebuild or try to contend. They're doing neither.

Don't sleep on them,  he is signing play makers and that is what this leaguer is about. Tell again who before the Bills traded for Diggs who they had as a play maker?  Other than White we are limited

18 hours ago, appoo said:

They're spending a bunch of money on signing good to above average F/As, none of whom will push them over into contending range when you've hollowed out your OLine, have the broken down version of Cam Newton as your QB, and don't have much WR talent.

All they're really doing is setting themselves up to pick at 15 - 20, so basically out of the running for a franchise QB. Unless their strategy is a 5 years of being mediocre, I don't get it.

Either rebuild or try to contend. They're doing neither.

They needed to upgrade the skill positions and have done so very well at TE and got 2 WR who have very little in guarantee money. 

I am expecting they will trade up and get a top 5 QB my guess is probably be Mac Jones. Then use a day 2 pick on a true #1 WR since there are so many in this years class. 

Patriots have a tendency to go opposite of League trends. 

This offseason they are clearly a team with the cap situation to take advantage of teams having to release and not being able to sign players because they took their hit last year when Brady left. 

The plan looks like them becoming a bigger, more power oriented team with an excellent defense. They're going to be a tough out as long as belichick is coaching them and their strategy looks like something along the lines of add talent and let belichick coach it.

Obviously they have not really dipped their toes into the quarterback market yet, and what they do there will make a huge difference.

32 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They needed to upgrade the skill positions and have done so very well at TE and got 2 WR who have very little in guarantee money. 

I am expecting they will trade up and get a top 5 QB my guess is probably be Mac Jones. Then use a day 2 pick on a true #1 WR since there are so many in this years class. 

If they trade up, they probably won’t have a day 2 pick.  I agree....they should trade up for a QB.  Jones would be a good fit too imo.  

2020 triggered the **** out of BB.  🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

If they trade up, they probably won’t have a day 2 pick.  I agree....they should trade up for a QB.  Jones would be a good fit too imo.  

2020 triggered the **** out of BB.  🤣

I think 2020 ticked BB off.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if Cam still started week 1 even with say Jones drafted. A ton people blamed the talent around him.. after this offf season Cam won’t get that argument.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A lot of people are saying Trey Lance is the next Josh Allen. 

Heard that comp from Louis Riddick. Then there was someone else who compared him to Lamar. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I think 2020 ticked BB off.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if Cam still started week 1 even with say Jones drafted. A ton people blamed the talent around him.. after this offf season Cam won’t get that argument.

I agree.  Cam can still win some games be the right defenses.....but really needs to spend the entire offseason working on his throwing motion.  It’s worse than ever and I don’t think he’s capable of winning a game with his arm.  He’s a real threat running the ball, especially out of 2 TE sets.  I think BB did a great job signing both those TEs.  I was hoping we’d land one so we can run some 2TE sets.  If the pats game plan properly, they can make the playoffs for sure.  As long as Henry stays healthy.  

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Pats severely lacked talent on offense last year but do any of you guys watch him throw?  Chad Pennington thinks thats a dead arm.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The Pats severely lacked talent on offense last year but do any of you guys watch him throw?  Chad Pennington thinks thats a dead arm.

Oh I agree with YOU 100%! You should hear all the Cam apologist blaming everyone else on the team. (Meyers had over 700 yards in 12 games and Cam missed him every time deep or in the end zone) 

Tom Brady and the Bucs come into NE this year for an epic showdown that will 100% be on Prime Time.

Brady vs Belichick. Once in a lifetime matchup. Whoever wins will always have that over the other.

Belichick has 8 Super Bowl rings, Brady has 7. 

This is a legacy game, and Bill isn't going into it with one hand tied behind his back. 

The Patriots are getting better...on paper.  So far the Bills are standing pat.  Nothing wrong with either approach.  Bills won 13 games and Beane has done a good job of not letting guys walk, meaning he only has a few holes to fill.  Beane is making the right moves to make a run at a SB while Allen is cheap.  He just needs to land one impact pass rusher and a complimentary TE to Knox along with Star coming back, and Ford and Epenesa developing.