I think Chris Carson is the guy to get at RB, Hunter Henry at TE

Don't get me wrong, Aaron Jones is the man and I would love him in a Bills uniform but I think he is gonna be commanding too high of a salary.

Chris Carson is said to average about $7-8 million a year on the market which honestly isn't to bad. Before last season in which he was hurt he had an 1100 yard and 1200 yard season and has been reliable as a pass catcher out of the backfield. Maybe something like a 4yr $30 million contract is reasonable. That would come out to about $7 million a season.

I read somewhere that Chris Carson is the best back in the league when it comes to broken tackles and he is a bruising type of back. 

As far as Henry, he's young, talented and would easily improve our TE corps. A nice weapon for Josh. Beane sounded like he wanted to improve the TE position at his end of year press conference so I'm interested to see what happens.

I'm not saying to sign both but one or the other. Both would be helpful 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Chris Carson is always injured and will cost a ton.  I doubt Beane is going to invest in that.  Henry i can get behind but I’ll pass on Carson. 

I don't think he is going to coat that much because of his injury history. Again, I think $7 million a season is reasonable. Considering someone like Aaron Jones is slated to get like $12 million a year or higher 

• Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

Not seeing Beane spend what is altogether to much money on an as stated above, an often injured RB, when the O line and D line are in need of attention as it were. 

The old true-ism that “ The game is won and lost in the trenches” persists,  because it’s true...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Chris Carson is always injured and will cost a ton.  I doubt Beane is going to invest in that.  Henry i can get behind but I’ll pass on Carson. 

Carson is not “always injured”.  He played 12 games this year (4.8 ypc) and 29 games the previous two seasons combined.  You must have been thinking of Zach Moss.

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

If we’re playing Madden with the salary cap off, then yes let’s sign both of them

I didn't say to sign both of them. That was hard to read I guess

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Not seeing Beane spend what is altogether to much money on an as stated above often injured RB, when the O line and D line are in need of attention as it were. 

The old true-ism that “ The game is won and lost in the trenches” persists,  because it’s true...

Really? How many TDs a year do offensive lineman score?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I didn't say to sign both of them. That was hard to read I guess

Really? How many TDs a year do offensive lineman score?

Really? How many plays success is contingent on your lines holding up? The answer to that is; every single one...

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Really? How many plays success is contingent on your lines holding up? The answer to that is; every single one...

Our line is fine. It was all last season. We have 3 of those guys returning. It's one of the least of our concerns 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I agree wholeheartedly in focusing on the trenches, but the Colts had a better OL and DL than us... and we beat them in the Playoffs mainly due to Josh Allen and our WR’s.   

Just saying.. it isn’t the end all, be all.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Hunter Henry on top of our WRs would keep defenses from stacking the box, allowing our offense to run like a sports car. The only drawback would be that the team would be forced to use the first pick on a pass rusher. I'd be good with this, just prefer to have BPA as the option with the top pick. But damn that'd be a smooth ass offense if they could add Henry......

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

You said with Madden and the salary cap off we could probably sign both. Indicating to me that you're referring that I was saying to sign both

They would both be very good options. Especially if we were playing Madden with the salary cap off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was listening to a show the other day (not sure which one...) but they were talking about the RB and it made sense to me. They were saying you never sign a RB to a second contract unless he is a top 5 or a generational talent. You use him for his rookie contract (3-5 yrs) tag him for a year (or 2) and then replace him. It's not a wise place to spend 8+ million for a second contract with such a short shelf life of the position.. Just made sense to me. Is Carson a top 5 or generational talent I guess would be my 1st question..

This is a good thread, imo.  Both guys seem to be players we could target with our remaining cap space/Beane finagling some additional cap space.  

Of course it’s highly unlikely we sign both (which the OP clearly admitted). 

I’d go Henry.. we can draft a RB early that can produce.  Any TE we draft is likely another guy we have to develop a bit.   We’re already doing that with Knox.