Stimulus Checks.

Irv

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i just bought a hot tub... I felt I needed it. 

I did too back in November. Everywhere I went the soonest they could guarantee one I wanted would be August. You can make a baby quicker than getting a hot tub now due to COVID.

Not really sure the point of this thread? Getting the check isn’t taking it away from someone like you could possibly do with PPP or EIDL.

id change it to getting the stimulus and not spending it is wrong. It doesn’t stimulate the economy and help businesses if it sits in your savings account making no interest.

Edited by Backintheday544

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I did too back in November. Everywhere I went the soonest they could guarantee one I wanted would be August. You can make a baby quicker than getting a hot tub now due to COVID.

Not really sure the point of this thread?

I was joking about necessary expenditures.. and taking check. 

im not one of the cool kids that get a stimulus check though... so it ok. 

Congrats.. I ended up convincing them to let me take floor model,  other wise as you said... may or June at least or worse. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Congrats.. I ended up convincing them to let me take floor model,  other wise as you said... may or June. 

Buddy of mine has been on a pool waiting list for like 18 months now lmao

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Congrats.. I ended up convincing them to let me take floor model,  other wise as you said... may or June. 

Same boat on the checks here.
I asked about the floor models and they said they weren’t selling them. Oh well. They said it could come in earlier or someone could cancel an order. Definitely one of those weird things you can’t find in the pandemic.

Gives me plenty of time to hire an electrician to run the wiring at least!

The other thing, touting a stat line about lifting half of all children out of poverty to gain favor  means you’ll need one of these perpetually quarterly or annually  to avoid returning them to poverty. Or they know it’s a short term prop up. But we should all know this was a snapshot talking point. Not a solution. 

it’s sad watching politicians do mind game spin commercials with real people’s lives. They are all so sleazy.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just consider it a tax cut.  I wish it wasn't means tested.  I liked that one politician's suggestion that you have to get the vaccine shot in order to collect the stimulus check since everyone should be able to get one by May now.

• Like (+1) 6

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just consider it a tax cut.  I wish it wasn't means tested.  I liked that one politician's suggestion that you have to get the vaccine shot in order to collect the stimulus check since everyone should be able to get one by May now.

Interesting idea. Not happening in ‘merica. 

I don't see anywhere where it says there is a cap on the amount people can receive.  We need to stop rewarding people for having kids.  

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What's wrong with mean's testing?  

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't see anywhere where it says there is a cap on the amount people can receive.  We need to stop rewarding people for having kids.  

I’ve never understood this completely either, but I guess the point is, it’s not the child’s fault the parent(s) are poor decision makers.