Stimulus Checks.

Irv

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m not sure what point you’re making here. 

He's saying that the Restaurant industry really hasn't suffered for over a year, because our wonderful government printed some more money and threw it at them.

No stress going week to week with changing regulations and closures. No family businesses forced to endure the strain of staying afloat.

Here's some "relief" cash now !...........................see everything's all better.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

He's saying that the Restaurant industry really hasn't suffered for over a year, because our wonderful government printed some more money and threw it at them.

No stress going week to week with changing regulations and closures. No family businesses forced to endure the strain of staying afloat.

Here's some "relief" cash now !...........................see everything's all better.

Its “funny” here in OC. Restaurants were allowed to reopen last June. Then we had a spike ame they had to serve only outside.  Then they said “nope can’t do that either anymore!”  So the places moved indoors closed the blinds, drew the shades and it was Speakeasy time. “Gavin sent me!”   It’s fun being bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Impression of overpaid lazy teacher rhetoric? 

It’s a daycare job supplied with state/county mandated talking points requireing no depth of knowledge or understanding while being accountable to no performance standards whatsoever. (Public school system allowed this)

those who can do, those who can’t teach 

What do you do for a living?

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Biden and ALL politician need to leave their hands OFF student loan debt.  You took the loan YOU pay it back.  Not me and the rest of America.

Indeed. Why should Americans, 67% of which don't have a college degrees, pay off @transplantbillsfan's loan which he took out on his own volition while taxpayers paying it off do not get the benefit of the education he got?

Edited by reddogblitz

42 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Pay for your welfare and then supplement garbage education in my free time. 

32 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Dude, you have to spell it out for these idiots.

1.5% for the needy.  Literally the MOST IMPACTED... Spell it out man. 

1,900B total

29B for the impacted

470B checks most didn’t lose income 

1400B democrats friends and family 😉 

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Indeed. Why should Americans, 67% of which don't have a college degrees, pay off @transplantbillsfan's loan which he took out on his own volition while taxpayers paying it off do not get the benefit of the education he got?

He’s a teacher. Have you seen his posts.  No one is benefiting from his education. 

I kid @transplantbillsfan I kid. 

Enjoy your next stim check

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He’s a teacher. Have you seen his posts.  No one is benefiting from his education. 

I kid @transplantbillsfan I kid. 

Figures

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m not sure what point you’re making here. 

He’s suggesting the amazing covid relief bill is justified in totality because the less than 2% line item that actually helped some businesses in need. 

🐑 

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Clearly so triggered fanboy... why is that?

You wish I qualified but I fortunately do not.

bless your heart.... I should have known that’s what you did. 

seriously thank you.  It takes a lot of humility and self awareness of your limitations to pursue realistic endeavors. 

it really makes all your other cute political ideas make a ton of sense too. 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

bless your heart.... I should have known that’s what you did. 

seriously thank you.  It takes a lot of humility and self awareness of your limitations to pursue realistic endeavors. 

it really makes all your other cute political ideas make a ton of sense too. 

Why so defensive fan boy?

Just now, BillStime said:

Why so defensive fan boy?

Ha! You’re so cute. You did a good job of pretending to be a grownup and fooled some people. Props kiddo. It took a while for the group to crack. 

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You wish I qualified but I fortunately do not.

Because dependents don’t file. Well played 

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ha! You’re so cute. You did a good job of pretending to be a grownup and fooled some people. Props kiddo. It took a while for the group to crack. 

Because dependents don’t file. Well played 

And you showed just how insecure you really are... it was a simple question but your reaction suggests you have major issues with the lack of respect with the kind of work you do. 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And you showed just how insecure you really are... it was a simple question but your reaction suggests you have major issues with the lack of respect with the kind of work you do. 

Awwwe ... cute. Let me know how I can chip into your community service for high school graduation. I love it when kids do things aside from video games. I’ll toss sme dollar a to your charity 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Awwwe ... cute. Let me know how I can chip into your community service for high school graduation. I love it when kids do things aside from video games. I’ll toss sme dollar a to your charity 

Trash

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Good golly. 

You would support withholding of federal stimulus funds for your fellow citizens unless they acquiesce to compulsory vaccination, take a $1400 designed to “stimulate” the economy and use it for self-serving purposes, and are a supporter of the student loan debt soup kitchen as well?  

Yes.  Part of the reason we've sucked so much at Covid is because of the moron anti-maskers in our country who you can be sure are vastly also part of the anti-vaccination movement.  I say this anecdotally from the people I know who are anti-maskers, but I doubt you'd disagree that they're largely (though not entirely) part of the same group.  

Wanna complain constantly about everything being shut down and having to wear a mask anywhere in public?   Get your damn vaccination so we can crawl out of this.

"take a $1400 designed to “stimulate” the economy and use it for self-serving purposes" ... I get that you're probably playing Devil's Advocate or trying to be funny with this... but on the off chance that I should take that statement seriously...

giphy.gif

As for student loan debt.  The average cost of college is 31 times more than it was 50 years ago and today the average American needs to earn $22k more than the median income just to afford college.

Yes, something needs to be done.

Was your income affected at all by the lockdown?  I have friends here in NY who work in govt— the lockdown was really an unexpected windfall for them.  Salary continued unabated, but with the shutdown, the money they saved not having to commute was substantial.

Income hasn't been affected, yet.  Anticipating it happens this year as we are in a contract year.  And I've still had to commute to teach... even from an empty classroom at the beginning of this.

As for the student loan program, how do you feel it should be addressed?  How much debt of those victimized by higher education should be “tackled”  and who should be saddled with the debt? 

I'm not a policy-maker and so I won't pretend to be able to make these proposals, but I think the $10k of student loan debt cancellation is a good start.  

Republicans are such funny creatures: Deficit Hawks when Democrats are in office and massive spenders when Republicans are in office.

Funny how our Deficit is consistently lower under Democratic Administrations than Republican Administrations.

Glad this bill went through as it's $1.9 trillion that is actually going to help a lot of Americans that need really need the help in the lower and middle class as opposed to Trump's tax cut adding $1.9 trillion to our debt that primarily benefits the very wealthy.

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Impression of overpaid lazy teacher rhetoric? 

It’s a daycare job supplied with state/county mandated talking points requireing no depth of knowledge or understanding while being accountable to no performance standards whatsoever. (Public school system allowed this)

those who can do, those who can’t teach 

Might be true for some, but certainly not most. 

Teaching is a calling for many of us.  It's the career I wanted to go into starting in 9th grade and that never changed.  Been teaching for 17 years and love my job.  It's challenging and rewarding in ways someone who's never done it will simply never understand.

And most (though not all) of the teachers I know have dedication to their craft... because that really what it is... a craft.

I have conferences with occasional idiot parents (sounds like you're one of those) who have a large number of assumptions because they're half paying attention to what their students are doing in schools while pretending they're fully paying attention.  Standard Helicopter Parents.  Meet with them.  Talk to them.  Discover they don't know their head from their a$$ because they didn't actually read the syllabus they signed permission for and are consistently being told something by their kids that just isn't true.

You wanna help your kids?  Put the onus of learning where it belongs first and foremost... on them.

Next.  Go to the Teacher.

Somewhere in the middle there you might also want to examine yourself as a parent.  You're clearly bitter... maybe you had a bad teacher and you're just projecting now.  I think you should self-assess.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In other words, finally found 1.5% of this colossal waste bomb that actually helped those in need.  

Wow! So proud

$1400 checks to lower income people don't help those in need?

The Childcare tax credit doesn't help those in need?

Maybe you should think about what you're typing.

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

IT Consulting 

Me too.  But actually for real not for Russia 

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tell me where the other 1.5 trillion went. I’ll wait 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Me too.  But actually for real not for Russia 

Stop stealing my money and my kids future to pad your union. Its ridiculous

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I hope you are not teaching math or economics because you’re  beyond the alphabet and punctuation here 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Unemployment--people in need.

Child Care--largely people in need especially considering there are fewer and fewer "stay at home Moms/Dads" nowadays with dual income needs.

Pandemic money (vaccination distribution, testing, etc.)--benefits everyone... does it not?

Money for State and Local Governments--considering the sheer number of municipal and state workers across our Country combined with a number of states that need the help... yeah I'd say this helps people in need... particularly the lower and middle class who tend to be workers employed by states and municipalities.

Money for Schools--Uhh... yeah... we need it.  I don't know if you know all the things schools are doing to bend over backwards trying to make them conducive for in-person learning, but there's a lot.

Increases in subsidies for the Affordable Care Act--Yeah this obviously largely helps the people in need... especially in also helping people who've lost jobs to help keep their health insurance.

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I hope you are not teaching math or economics because you’re  beyond the alphabet and punctuation here 

I have a question... an honest one:

Are you here to engage in conversation or to just try to feel good about yourself with derisive remarks that don't contribute in any way to actual dialogue?

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Child Care--largely people in need especially considering there are fewer and fewer "stay at home Moms/Dads" nowadays with dual income needs.

Pandemic money (vaccination distribution, testing, etc.)--benefits everyone... does it not?

Money for State and Local Governments--considering the sheer number of municipal and state workers across our Country combined with a number of states that need the help... yeah I'd say this helps people in need... particularly the lower and middle class who tend to be workers employed by states and municipalities.

Money for Schools--Uhh... yeah... we need it.  I don't know if you know all the things schools are doing to bend over backwards trying to make them conducive for in-person learning, but there's a lot.

Increases in subsidies for the Affordable Care Act--Yeah this obviously largely helps the people in need... especially in also helping people who've lost jobs to help keep their health insurance.

Are you here to engage in conversation or to just try to feel good about yourself with derisive remarks that don't contribute in any way to actual dialogue?

on this topic it’s a fact schools are paying bonuses to teachers from covid funds. There are line items for teachers unions. A TON of money hundreds of billions.

You can go on rationalizing government helicopter money, but the magnitude on top of already 5 or 6 trillion federal budget is absurd.

conversation is about 1.9 trillion dollars. 

id rather they have sent more money to those who need it, they gave extra thousands of dollars to people that don’t. Half the households that got checks or more were not impacted, and in fact because of less vacation an dining out have never had more cash on hand. 

this was wealth redistribution

but don’t take it from me. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/how-to-waste-more-than-a-trillion-dollars/

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

on this topic it’s a fact schools are paying bonuses to teachers from covid funds. There are line items for teachers unions. A TON of money hundreds of billions.

You can go on rationalizing government helicopter money, but the magnitude on top of already 5 or 6 trillion federal budget is absurd.

conversation is about 1.9 trillion dollars. 

id rather they have sent more money to those who need it, they gave extra thousands of dollars to people that don’t. Half the households that got checks or more were not impacted, and in fact because of less vacation an dining out have never had more cash on hand. 

this was wealth redistribution

but don’t take it from me. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/how-to-waste-more-than-a-trillion-dollars/

We differ here: Giving people $1,400 is not wealth redistribution. It’s simply a cheap way of buying votes. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The child tax credit is the one that really concerns me, as it's basically reverting to the pre-Clinton welfare policy.  We need to find a better way than incenting people not to work.   

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We differ here: Giving people $1,400 is not wealth redistribution. It’s simply a cheap way of buying votes. 

Eh, at least Biden didn't have to sign the checks and make it a campaign tool.  And I don't recall you biching about the checks Trump sent out twice last year.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

The child tax credit is the one that really concerns me, as it's basically reverting to the pre-Clinton welfare policy.  We need to find a better way than incenting people not to work.   

No we need to stop incentivizing people to have children.  

• Agree 1