H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

My favorite part of the bill that Democrats cry suppression over is the provision about polling places closing at 5pm (they can remain open till 7).  

The implication being that you can't get out of work and to the polling places in time.  Oh that is most definitely suppression.  

I'll just let you let that sink in as to which constituencies of voters this actually impacts most.   

It ain't the party of universal income and permanent unemployment benefits and who's employers ranging from teachers to all federal employees basically have the day off in order for them to show up and vote for their 6 figure tax payer funded pensions.  

And who the h*** thought it was a good idea to give 6 months in 2020 to request an absentee ballot?  Are you freaking kidding me:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/why-all-the-lies-about-georgias-new-voting-law

Really cute editorial you linked there bro...

Why didn't the editorial include anything about the law stripping the Secretary of State of power and giving the Georgia state legislature higher power, thus politicizing the voting process and giving the GOP majority more power to invalidate an election or to overrule a Secretary of State who acts appropriately in a non-partisan manner?

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, 716er said:

Good for the MLB. Actions speak louder than words.

Who is this helping exactly?

If you think about it, many black people are going to take it in the shorts again as often happens when the white man tries to save the black man.

Atlanta is 53% black.  The game was good for the tourism and hospitality industries.  Reports regarding COVID I have read over and over said blacks (and other minorities) are over represented in the hospitality indusry.  Stands to reason a lot of those workers will lose money due to less uber rides, less tips at hotels and restaurants, and Stadium workers losing a game.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why didn't the editorial include anything about the law stripping the Secretary of State of power and giving the Georgia state legislature higher power, thus politicizing the voting process and giving the GOP majority more power to invalidate an election or to overrule a Secretary of State who acts appropriately in a non-partisan manner?

Why do you keep insisting that the Secretary of State would be non-partisan? Or is that just what Stacy Abrams told you to think?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Let me get this straight.  First off.....that's definitely not racist so I guess we still don't know why it's racist.  

Now, The Secretary of State (the central authority of Georgia) having been stripped of its power by transferring a potential override to the State Legislature (the most closely connected to the people electoral body in every state) is somehow a threat to the integrity of the vote......the Secretary of State who one day will absolutely be a partisan hack Democrat is not as politicized as the state Legislature which also someday will be controlled by Democrats. 

Tell me......why should we trust any future Democrat or Republican that could be in that position to make a non partisan decision anymore then I should the State Legislature? 

I've heard it all the last month with this.  Racism!  Nothing is wrong because we won!  Jim Crow!  There is no such thing as fraud!  You're embarrassing yourself.  And it's because opponents of the law have no legs to stand on here. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why do you keep insisting that the Secretary of State would be non-partisan? Or is that just what Stacy Abrams told you to think?

Did you read up on what the new law actually does and why this change matters?

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Let me get this straight.  First off.....that's definitely not racist so I guess we still don't know why it's racist.  

Now, The Secretary of State (the central authority of Georgia) having been stripped of its power by transferring a potential override to the State Legislature (the most closely connected to the people electoral body in every state) is somehow a threat to the integrity of the vote......the Secretary of State who one day will absolutely be a partisan hack Democrat is not as politicized as the state Legislature which also someday will be controlled by Democrats. 

Tell me......why should we trust any future Democrat or Republican that could be in that position to make a non partisan decision anymore then I should the State Legislature? 

I've heard it all the last month with this.  Racism!  Nothing is wrong because we won!  Jim Crow!  There is no such thing as fraud!  You're embarrassing yourself.  And it's because opponents of the law have no legs to stand on here. 

Ignorance is bliss

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ignorance is bliss

BillZtime the most blissful boy on the board.

The democrats continue to lurch to the far left.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If we're going by presidential endorsements of boycotts as the standard then you can't ignore Biden's predecessor.  Trump as president asked Americans to boycott Nike, Goodyear, Harley Davidson, AT&T, and the NFL.  Is that an excuse for Biden?  No.  Acting like it's something unique to the left is disingenuous though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The backtracking continues

tenor.gif

But the LIE is already firm in the lemmings heads here.

Can you please post the actual articles from the Times and Post where they state there is no voter suppression in the new Georgia law?

We will wait.

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yes, I literally know everything about the law. In fact I wrote most of it. Now what nonsense do you want to spout off about.... Mr Racism Expert?

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can you please post the actual articles from the Times and Post where they state there is no voter suppression in the new Georgia law?

We will wait.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/upshot/georgia-election-law-turnout.html

By Nate Cohn

April 3, 2021Updated 1:47 p.m. ET

There’s nothing unusual about exaggeration in politics. But when it comes to the debate over voting rights, something more than exaggeration is going on.

There’s a real — and bipartisan — misunderstanding about whether making it easier or harder to vote, especially by mail, has a significant effect on turnout or electoral outcomes. The evidence suggests it does not.

The fight over the new Georgia election law is only the latest example. That law, passed last week, has been condemned by Democrats as voter suppression, or even as tantamount to Jim Crow.

Democrats are understandably concerned about a provision that empowers the Republican-controlled State Legislature to play a larger role in election administration. That provision has uncertain but potentially substantial effects, depending on what the Legislature might do in the future. And it’s possible the law is intended to do exactly what progressives fear: reshape the electorate to the advantage of Republicans, soon after an electoral defeat, by making it harder to vote.

And yet the law’s voting provisions are unlikely to significantly affect turnout or Democratic chances. It could plausibly even increase turnout. In the final account, it will probably be hard to say whether it had any effect on turnout at all.

This is called walking things back.

and as far as the WAPO I will just say

4_pinocchios.png

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/upshot/georgia-election-law-turnout.html

By Nate Cohn

April 3, 2021Updated 1:47 p.m. ET

There’s nothing unusual about exaggeration in politics. But when it comes to the debate over voting rights, something more than exaggeration is going on.

There’s a real — and bipartisan — misunderstanding about whether making it easier or harder to vote, especially by mail, has a significant effect on turnout or electoral outcomes. The evidence suggests it does not.

The fight over the new Georgia election law is only the latest example. That law, passed last week, has been condemned by Democrats as voter suppression, or even as tantamount to Jim Crow.

Democrats are understandably concerned about a provision that empowers the Republican-controlled State Legislature to play a larger role in election administration. That provision has uncertain but potentially substantial effects, depending on what the Legislature might do in the future. And it’s possible the law is intended to do exactly what progressives fear: reshape the electorate to the advantage of Republicans, soon after an electoral defeat, by making it harder to vote.

And yet the law’s voting provisions are unlikely to significantly affect turnout or Democratic chances. It could plausibly even increase turnout. In the final account, it will probably be hard to say whether it had any effect on turnout at all.

This is called walking things back.

and as far as the WAPO I will just say

4_pinocchios.png

LMAO - that opinion piece doesn’t walk back jack shittt lmao - what it does do is highlight my concern about the power shift to the legislature nicely.

@SoCal Deek -  read up on the link that the Bonnies clown just posted.

Read this as well:

Why one part of the Georgia Republicans' anti-voting law stands out

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

We will wait.

Your side thinks having to show up to vote on election day and be a live, legal resident of your district is a form of suppression.  

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - that opinion piece doesn’t walk back jack shittt lmao - what it does do is highlight my concern about the power shift to the legislature nicely.

When it's run by Democrats will you care?  Should I?  

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

@SoCal Deek -  read up on the link that the Bonnies clown just posted.

Read this as well:

Why one part of the Georgia Republicans' anti-voting law stands out

Um.  We went from racist/voter suppression to "it might actually increase turnout" pretty freaking quick.  

Yes.  It's a walk back.  

Embarrassing.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Your side thinks having to show up to vote on election day and be a live, legal resident of your district is a form of suppression.  

Um.  We went from racist/voter suppression to "it might actually increase turnout" pretty freaking quick.  

Yes.  It's a walk back.  

Embarrassing.  

The writers of this bill are brilliant.

They added just enough to distract the true intent of the bill - and the part you wont touch - why take power away from the Secretary of State and local county election boards and give it to the Republican legislature?

Whose votes will be thrown away?

Its clear your sugar coated news sources haven’t gotten the talking points out to their lemmings to argue their point.

Nothing has been walked back - just

more exposed.

Just now, BillStime said:

They added just enough to distract the true intent of the bill - and the part you wont touch - why take power away from the Secretary of State and local county election boards and give it to the Republican legislature?

I explicitly responded to this provision earlier today.  

I said what makes the Secretary of State less partisan then the state Legislature? 

This is just bizarre that it's a problem for you.  

Also, that has nothing to do with suppression.  It's the opposite actually.  Turn election oversight to the people via the legislature?  Omg the death of democracy we should definitely let one person make such calls.  Who cares? 

Just now, BillStime said:

Its clear your sugar coated news sources haven’t gotten the talking points out to their lemmings to argue their point.

more exposed.

Yes.  What's been exposed is continued leftist stupidity.  

The media driven opposition to this bill and the Hollywood morons is to do one thing only.  Create a fake crisis because Democrats will be losing 15 to 20% of the Black vote very soon. 

Nothing fires up low info virtue signaling whites like cries of racism they'll hash tag all over their social media platform all while continuing to look down on African Americans as people that are incapable of finding a voting booth on election day or file for an absentee ballot sooner than 16 months out from an election.

Meanwhile, I can name about 10 white folks I know that would have no clue where to get 4 forms of ID to register to vote. 

Facebook will not visit those folks in rural America to make sure they vote and vote properly.  Right up to a week before the election.  Totally legit.  

Like how they "waited for the Hunter Biden story to be properly fact checked" as it buried the story.  

Totally legit.  

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I explicitly responded to this provision earlier today.  

I said what makes the Secretary of State less partisan then the state Legislature? 

This is just bizarre that it's a problem for you.  

Also, that has nothing to do with suppression.  It's the opposite actually.  Turn election oversight to the people via the legislature?  Omg the death of democracy we should definitely let one person make such calls.  Who cares? 

Yes.  What's been exposed is continued leftist stupidity.  

The media driven opposition to this bill and the Hollywood morons is to do one thing only.  Create a fake crisis because Democrats will be losing 15 to 20% of the Black vote very soon. 

Nothing fires up low info virtue signaling whites like cries of racism they'll hash tag all over their social media platform all while continuing to look down on African Americans as people that are incapable of finding a voting booth on election day or file for an absentee ballot sooner than 16 months out from an election.

Meanwhile, I can name about 10 white folks I know that would have no clue where to get 4 forms of ID to register to vote. 

Facebook will not visit those folks in rural America to make sure they vote and vote properly.  Right up to a week before the election.  Totally legit.  

Like how they "waited for the Hunter Biden story to be properly fact checked" as it buried the story.  

Totally legit.  

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the role of local county election boards?

Not all counties in Georgia are red. 

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You think politicization of the voting process is a new thing? 🤦‍♂️ 

Of course Mister Interdependent wouldn’t question a law where all the checks and balances are wiped away and power is centralized to the ruling party. 

This hardly makes our elections fair.

Yet, still - no one here can tell us why all these changes are required.

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is this helping exactly?

If you think about it, many black people are going to take it in the shorts again as often happens when the white man tries to save the black man.

Atlanta is 53% black.  The game was good for the tourism and hospitality industries.  Reports regarding COVID I have read over and over said blacks (and other minorities) are over represented in the hospitality indusry.  Stands to reason a lot of those workers will lose money due to less uber rides, less tips at hotels and restaurants, and Stadium workers losing a game.

As opposed to losing their vote? Sacrifices are made all the time. 

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

I know, fighting for far elections is so a left thing. You do have a point 

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course Mister Interdependent wouldn’t question a law where all the checks and balances are wiped away and power is centralized to the ruling party. 

I’ve already explained this... democrats are attempting to rig federal laws that favor ballot harvesting, republicans are trying to thwart it at the state level by rigging laws that favor physical turnout. It’s a very simple power struggle, not fraud not racism. 

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

I did.  Why is it racist? 

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why is that racist?

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve already explained this... democrats are attempting to rig federal laws that favor ballot harvesting, republicans are trying to thwart it at the state level by rigging laws that favor physical turnout. It’s a very simple power struggle, not fraud not racism. 

HA!!! You do realize numerous states already allow ballot harvesting?

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

We will wait.

Why is it racist?

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Whose votes will be thrown away?

more exposed.

Why is it racist?

58 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They were required because 2020 was a cluster *****. 

Still no one here can tell us why these changes are racists. 

This isn’t hard. You show up, in person, to vote once a year. (And in person means you have to prove you are who you say you are.) 

And if it’s so racist, then just move MLK Day to election day and everyone will have the day off. Get ‘er done! 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And if it’s so racist, then just move MLK Day to election day and everyone will have the day off. Get ‘er done! 

Fantastic idea Deek!!!!

You do know which party would fight this tho, right?

38 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They were required because 2020 was a cluster *****

How so Jim?

In January, Governor Kemp and Secretary of State Raffensperger told us that Georgia's elections were secure and correct - no fraud could be found and multiple recounts confirmed the results.

So Brian Kemp defied the GQP and publicly verify that Georgia's elections were secure and correct.

Donald Trump not only lost the presidency but also the Senate. 

As such, the only reason to change that system now is to ensure there be a different outcome in the future - not only to save Kemp’s a$$ but future federal elections as well.

There is NO other reason.

None.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How so Jim?

In January, Governor Kemp and Secretary of State Raffensperger told us that Georgia's elections were secure and correct - no fraud could be found and multiple recounts confirmed the results.

So Brian Kemp defied the GQP and publicly verify that Georgia's elections were secure and correct.

Donald Trump not only lost the presidency but also the Senate. 

As such, the only reason to change that system now is to ensure there be a different outcome in the future - not only to save Kemp’s a$$ but future federal elections as well.

There is NO other reason.

None.

I know this is from that very right leaning NPR but give it a read anyway. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/15/876474124/chaos-in-primary-elections-raises-fears-for-november

No reason?  NONE??

Well other than racism which you and others have conveniently refused to elaborate on. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

not a one will read it much less acknowledge there are some facts that just don’t fit the Georgia narrative  

Not only did it answer his question of “how so Jim?” but it points out how badly of a cluster ***** it truly was. Anyone who thinks the elections in 2020 were anything but a cluster ***** is either clueless or being disingenuous. 

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I know this is from that very right leaning NPR but give it a read anyway. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/15/876474124/chaos-in-primary-elections-raises-fears-for-november

No reason?  NONE??

Well other than racism which you and others have conveniently refused to elaborate on. 

Chaos by design Jim.

“Everything seemed to come to a head in Georgia. Voters waited for hours, as confused poll workers struggled to operate new equipment. And some polling sites ran out of backup emergency ballots.

Many voters, like Fulton County resident Latrisha Hernandez, tried to vote by mail but never got a ballot. She went to the polls in person only to encounter more dysfunction.”

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Chaos by design Jim.

“Everything seemed to come to a head in Georgia. Voters waited for hours, as confused poll workers struggled to operate new equipment. And some polling sites ran out of backup emergency ballots.

Many voters, like Fulton County resident Latrisha Hernandez, tried to vote by mail but never got a ballot. She went to the polls in person only to encounter more dysfunction.”

By design!?!? 😂😂😂  Really?  Whose design?  Proof of this design?  You sure it wasn’t the most polarizing election in our history?  

Now back the question at had that I’ve posed multiple times.  How is this Bill racist. 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don’t have a subscription to the WSJ opinion piece - care to share some quotes from the article?

Thanks 

Weird. I canceled mine a couple weeks ago. I was able to read the the whole article when I first googled it.  But start by reading your own quote from the article. 🙄