Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Beast

On 2/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm not familiar with everyone's stance here but typically pro Trump people go after Cuomo. Pro Cuomo people go after Trump. I'm guessing you're a pro Trump guy. 

There's always an agenda, so the topics always go together. 

Or you can be neutral to either one, or both, and dislike the specific decisions they've made. And it is certainly fair to have an opinion on their respective reactions to being criticized. The politicization of Covid from both sides is really unfortunate.

Looks like Cuomo is catching a lot of heat, both for his decision to return patients to nursing homes and for his covering up a federal investigation. And he's catching a lot of political heat from members of his own party in the State legislature.

I've always maintained that Cuomo is lucky that people aren't tracking and reporting the illnesses and deaths of nursing home employees and their immediate families.  His policy could easily be connected to those cases.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Or you can be neutral to either one, or both, and dislike the specific decisions they've made. And it is certainly fair to have an opinion on their respective reactions to being criticized. The politicization of Covid from both sides is really unfortunate.

Looks like Cuomo is catching a lot of heat, both for his decision to return patients to nursing homes and for his covering up a federal investigation. And he's catching a lot of political heat from members of his own party in the State legislature.

I've always maintained that Cuomo is lucky that people aren't tracking and reporting the illnesses and deaths of nursing home employees and their immediate families.  His policy could easily be connected to those cases.

This is the really interesting thing about it.  For all the criticism the left levies at Trump--some fair, some not---there is an alarming tendency by those people to look no further than the end of their nose on issues like this.  It seems like you would need video evidence of Cuomo smothering patients with a COVID laced pillow before they speak out on this issue, all as his besties are screaming about how he lied to them, mislead and is complicit in this coverup. 

The odd part is that many of these folks are in the hunker down/mask up/speak in hushed tones crowd.  They believe in full on compliance and the innate goodness of Dr Faucci et al.     

But hey--no turkey legs at grammies!   That'll kill ya! 

• Like (+1) 4

On 2/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm not familiar with everyone's stance here but typically pro Trump people go after Cuomo. Pro Cuomo people go after Trump. I'm guessing you're a pro Trump guy. 

There's always an agenda, so the topics always go together. 

Allegations of murder of older sick people, but don't investigate because only

keep thinking about Trump.

At what point is it acceptable to stop with the Trump, Trump, Trump

and move on to what the POTUS is doing(outside of eating ice cream cones and dropping

a new log onto the fire)...or what the projecting governor of NY did?

I bet the liberal victimization at the hands of Trump may go on for decades in their heads.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is the really interesting thing about it.  For all the criticism the left levies at Trump--some fair, some not---there is an alarming tendency by those people to look no further than the end of their nose on issues like this.  It seems like you would need video evidence of Cuomo smothering patients with a COVID laced pillow before they speak out on this issue, all as his besties are screaming about how he lied to them, mislead and is complicit in this coverup. 

The odd part is that many of these folks are in the hunker down/mask up/speak in hushed tones crowd.  They believe in full on compliance and the innate goodness of Dr Faucci et al.     

this is a hard core fact. There is an egregious double standard at work. I had no idea how bad it was until I starting paying more attention and looking at both. 

Even AP which I thought was the most neutral add op-Ed like spin into some reporting and omits or buried other. They seem to me equal opposites to maybe the WSJ. Then there are the hardcore extreme ones like daily wire. 

Bloomberg I can’t quite peg. USA Today I don’t know. 

MSNBC, CNN are as biased as Fox it seems in opposite direction.

Always going out of their way to vilify the opposition, rationalize their own. 

I hate to say I wish I still had cable and CSPAN . It was incredible what you heard when it was just the direct press conferences, testimony’s, debate or hearings before the media got to tamper with it. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, WideNine said:

I see nothing incompatible with saying she has a revenge history AND saying she had no reason to lie about her superiors at the state telling her to manipulate the data.

When the proof that her superiors did direct her to do just that eventually comes out in the wash,  I will be not be surprised in the least.

In fact, her not doing what they were demanding and being stubborn about getting her correct data public, fits her obsessive compulsive get-back-at-them profile.

So it takes an expert to know you have 4000 reported deaths and those in charge are telling you to report a few hundred?

Sheesh....maybe it does for some folks.

Occasionally I do run across a conservative who is not a Trump cult, QAnon factless rabbit hole ideologue who can debate a topic well.

There are too few.

You called her "psychotic" and then say there is no reason to not trust her, you are using that word wrong. As for the numbers, we in Florida in the early days had a lot of info printed from official sources that was retracted early on, especially on rate of infections. The Orlando Sentinel proudly sued the state for violation of the sunshine laws and the big win was the data will be released with 48 hours vs the 96 hours it had been. The info was not being hidden, it was being released slower but it was not hidden. Desantis is not Cuomo and right now no one that is not psycho or a political hack is stating he is.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You called her "psychotic" and then say there is no reason to not trust her, you are using that word wrong. As for the numbers, we in Florida in the early days had a lot of info printed from official sources that was retracted early on, especially on rate of infections. The Orlando Sentinel proudly sued the state for violation of the sunshine laws and the big win was the data will be released with 48 hours vs the 96 hours it had been. The info was not being hidden, it was being released slower but it was not hidden. Desantis is not Cuomo and right now no one that is not psycho or a political hack is stating he is.

You probably should read the whole Sun Sentinel article on the matter.

How the state (under DeSantis direction) changed the mortality reporting protocols right before the elections which resulted in a very favorable declining mortality rate, then after the elections published the backlog which had folks wondering why they suddenly had a spike in mortality rates.

This is the definition of data manipulation for political purposes.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-ss-prem-covid-deaths-florida-election-20201216-f4kgezjf4rf75ppumt4omxfsxy-story.html

59 minutes ago, WideNine said:

You probably should read the whole Sun Sentinel article on the matter.

How the state (under DeSantis direction) changed the mortality reporting protocols right before the elections which resulted in a very favorable declining mortality rate, then after the elections published the backlog which had folks wondering why they suddenly had a spike in mortality rates.

This is the definition of data manipulation for political purposes.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-ss-prem-covid-deaths-florida-election-20201216-f4kgezjf4rf75ppumt4omxfsxy-story.html

You are simply making the worst case scenario. The report the Governor was given estimated that it could have been inflated by 10%. He at that point stated he wanted the numbers reviewed and it was not a priority at the time. You are simply echoing the accusation of a paper that has been openly hostile to him. If there is more information that comes out I will consider it but you are saying that particular lag was intentional for political purposes without much to back it up.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are simply making the worst case scenario. The report the Governor was given estimated that it could have been inflated by 10%. He at that point stated he wanted the numbers reviewed and it was not a priority at the time. You are simply echoing the accusation of a paper that has been openly hostile to him. If there is more information that comes out I will consider it but you are saying that particular lag was intentional for political purposes without much to back it up.

So your take is that DeSantis' office is not trying or has not tried to manipulate Covid-19 mortality data? Do you think Cuomo's late release or early omissions of nursing home Covid-19 deaths were political and deliberate?

Rather than cherry-pick I think both were, but you seem determined to interpret DeSantis actions in a different light. Even the choke hold he put on medical examiner records which up till the pandemic were always readily available public records.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

I find the media persecution arguments of those poor politicians caught with their policy or ethical pants down to be weak, but I have heard those same excuses steadily echoing the "fake news" mantra of a certain serial liar in chief.

If it were not for the media, these clowns in office would do whatever they want, whenever they wanted with none the wiser. They hate accountability.

Is it any small wonder that the first thing every fascist tyrant does is attack, censure, and get rid of the free press?

They are like cockroaches who shun the light.

Edited by WideNine

Looks like Cuomo made a mistake during a crisis. People were dying left and right and they may have made a bad decision. Covering up is a bad thing though. It’s Trump like for sure. 

I dont want Cuomo to be Dem nominee and this will probably stop him from getting that 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So your take is that DeSantis' office is not trying or has not tried to manipulate Covid-19 mortality data?

Do you think Cuomo's late release or early omissions of nursing home Covid-19 deaths were political and deliberate?

Rather than cherry-pick I think both were, but you seem determined to interpret DeSantis actions in a different light.

Even the choke hold he put on medical examiner records which up till the pandemic were always readily available public records.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

I find the media persecution arguments of those poor politicians caught with their policy or ethical pants down to be weak.

But I have heard those same excuses steadily echoing the "fake news" mantra of a certain serial liar in chief.

If it were not for the media, these clowns in office would do whatever they want, whenever they wanted with none the wiser. They hate accountability.

Is it any small wonder that the first thing every fascist tyrant does is attack, censure, and get rid of the free press?

They are like cockroaches who shun the light.

You consider Desantis is getting rid of the free press? Right now the evidence is showing he was slow walking the information, which is not the same thing as hiding the information. I have been watching these lawsuits and right now there is no information showing he is covering up numbers. I am not sure if you live in Florida but we had days were it was reported we had infection rates of 18% before the govt starting confirming the data. If you think slow walking it is same as hiding data then we have to disagree. As for Cuomo he hid data and lied. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, you are comparing a governor to a president. That’s a false equivalence right there. Of course a president is going to take more heat I mean come on. And CNN has been hammering Cuomo for the cover up. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/opinions/cuomo-covid-nursing-home-deaths-rodgers/index.html

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You consider Desantis is getting rid of the free press? Right now the evidence is showing he was slow walking the information, which is not the same thing as hiding the information. I have been watching these lawsuits and right now there is no information showing he is covering up numbers. I am not sure if you live in Florida but we had days were it was reported we had infection rates of 18% before the govt starting confirming the data. If you think slow walking it is same as hiding data then we have to disagree. As for Cuomo he hid data and lied. 

No.

What I said is that the argument that politicians are the victims of the free press is weak, AND I said that politicians hate the free press because they catch them doing things they shouldn't be doing, or question their decisions.

I also made the point - is it any small wonder that the first thing fascist tyrants do is eliminate the free press.

You got DeSantis is a fascist tyrant trying to get rid of the free press out of that.... not going to speculate on how or why you mangled my response so badly.

Edited by WideNine

Impeach.

Charge CNN with accessory 100%

#2021Logic

RIP Andrew.  And if you're wondering why the media is fine with it, it's because that lunatic AG Letitia James is going to be the next Governor and that's what they want.  

Good luck with that NY.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well, you are comparing a governor to a president. That’s a false equivalence right there. Of course a president is going to take more heat I mean come on. And CNN has been hammering Cuomo for the cover up. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/opinions/cuomo-covid-nursing-home-deaths-rodgers/index.html

Proof positive of what I said—Cuomo is only a governor directly in charge of pandemic management  for a state of  nearly 20,000,000 and you’ll bend over backwards to minimize his role in this pandemic.  

As for your link posting an opinion piece (they include the disclaimer “..,the opinions expressed are not necessarily those..” for a reason) on February 17, nearly a year after the governor commenced his dance of death in the elderly, and a solid 8-9 months after he started cooking the books for purely self-serving purposes is hardly indicative of anything resembling hard hitting and neutral journalism.  

But you keep on keepin on...nothing to see here. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1