My off-season plan

Sign Williams, Boettger, Bojo and if possible Feliciano.  Boettger is cheaper but Feliciano is better. If they can get Feliciano on a good deal bring him back. I'm drafting a Center no matter what so I'm not committed that Feliciano needs to come back if the price is too high. Ford starts at on Guard spot anyways.

Tender Wallace

Cut Norman, Smith, Matakevich, Jefferson, JonesBarkley, and Addison. Keep Butler and Kleine for one more year

Let Milano, Yeldon, Norman, Jones, Barkley, and of course Murphy walk

Keep Brown and Morse but restructure both deals.

Give Diggs a token raise somehow - maybe some silly workout bonus money

Sign one FA pass rusher and one veteran TE

Draft Najee Harris, a TE, two interior OL preferably a true center, and 4 front 7 defenders

Carry just two QBs next year. The Bills are doomed if Allen gets hurt so having 3 QBs is no use. I advocated for 3 last season but let Fromm hold the clip board and save money by cutting Barkley 

Extend Allen after the draft

Hope McD moves Edmunds to OLB or Edmunds plays better.

Did I miss anyone? i edited above for a few mistakes.

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think Najee Harris and 2 mid round interior OL are going to turn our run game around. I love Harris but you’re returning 4 of our 5 OL and letting the only good run blocker go.....hoping that Harris and one more rookie OL can turn around our run game.  I don’t think that’s enough.  

Our pass rush is going to improve how?  Letting Addison and Butler go and signing one FA pass rusher.  Everything else stays the same.  

I hope we have a better plan to improve the OL and DL.  I don’t think this bridges the gap

• Agree 1

If Phillips is a cap casualty in Arizona, I’d bring him back.  He’s a big dude who was disruptive.  The Star savior stuff is kind of bizarre.  He might help a little but Beane forced the guy to take a pay cut.  Yes we played a tougher schedule this year, but the defense was noticeably worse this year.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

He's making quite a large salary $3.5 million for being a special teamer/backup. I like him but like him better at a lower cap number. 

I mean, I don’t think that’s really that bad given Klein’s salary as a backup. He brings a ton of value. You keep guys like that on your roster. If anything , T. Jones goes. Not Matakevich 

I’m agree with most of it, even though like 50% of the guys you’re cutting are FA (Norman, Smith, Jones and Barkley). 

You lost me with a RD1 RB. There’s minimal value in that always and it won’t fix our inconsistent/horrible run blocking. I am all for beefing up both the OL and DL though. 

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Najee Harris and 2 mid round interior OL are going to turn our run game around. I love Harris but you’re returning 4 of our 5 OL and letting the only good run blocker go.....hoping that Harris and one more rookie OL can turn around our run game.  I don’t think that’s enough.  

Our pass rush is going to improve how?  Letting Addison and Butler go and signing one FA pass rusher.  Everything else stays the same.  

I hope we have a better plan to improve the OL and DL.  I don’t think this bridges the gap

Ford starts at guard. Feliciano is healthy.  That is an upgrade already.  

On the DL, I'm drafting young guys to replace these aged overpriced guys that did next to nothing last year.  Epenesa will be better and more involved.  Like I said, also add one veteran DE.  

56 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sign Williams, Boettger, Bojo and if possible Feliciano.  Boettger is cheaper but Feliciano is better. If they can get Feliciano on a good deal bring him back. I'm drafting a Center no matter what so I'm not committed that Feliciano needs to come back if the price is too high. Ford starts at on Guard spot anyways.

Tender Wallace

Cut Norman, Smith, Matakevich, Jefferson, Jones, Barkley, and Addison. Keep Butler and Kleine for one more year

Let Milano, Yeldon, and of course Murphy walk

Draft Najee Harris, a TE, two interior OL preferably a true center, and 4 front 7 defenders

Carry just two QBs next year. The Bills are doomed if Allen gets hurt so having 3 QBs is no use. I advocated for 3 last season but let Fromm hold the clip board and save money by cutting Barkley 

Did I miss anyone? 

Can't cut Norman, Jones, and Barkley as they are FA's.  They should be on the next line with players you're letting walk.

Personally I'd prefer to keep Jefferson and let Butler walk as feel he's more versatile.

Think Harris will be gone before the Bills get to pick from what I've seen projected.

Unless Brown is willing to take a big cut I'd let him go as they have a much cheaper replacement on the roster already.

You're cutting more players that you've signed.  Realistically if you look at the Bills roster, they have about 40 to 43 SIGNED players likely to make next years roster.  Add that many more cuts, you still need to add more players. 

Letting Jefferson Addison, and Murphy all leave, adding one FA pass rusher and rookies, IMO the D line just got weaker, not stronger.

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m agree with most of it, even though like 50% of the guys you’re cutting are FA (Norman, Smith, Jones and Barkley). 

You lost me with a RD1 RB. There’s minimal value in that always and it won’t fix our inconsistent/horrible run blocking. I am all for beefing up both the OL and DL though. 

I can probably live with Moss as the #1 next year too.  But he is not a difference maker and does little to create yards when there is no hole.  If Harris was still there at 30 and Williams was re-signed I probably take him, much like KC did last year.  

If Williams leaves via free agency, then they will need the first or second round pick to be an OT.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ford starts at guard. Feliciano is healthy.  That is an upgrade already.  

On the DL, I'm drafting young guys to replace these aged overpriced guys that did next to nothing last year.  Epenesa will be better and more involved.  Like I said, also add one veteran DE.  

My bad....skipped over Feliciano somehow.....so your plan is to start the same OL.....even worse. Ford is an upgrade over nobody based on his play.  Hopefully he improves, but he stinks as far as we know.  

So the plan to improve the run game is to draft a RB rd 1 and draft mid round guys to replace the overpriced guys that you chose to resign and start 😳

how will that get us any closer to beating the chiefs! Najee and that’s all?

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Tender Wallace

Cut Norman, Smith, Matakevich, Jefferson, Jones, Barkley, and Addison. Keep Butler and Kleine for one more year

Let Milano, Yeldon, and of course Murphy walk

Did I miss anyone? 

Whos the MLB if edmunds moves?  Also - from a run fits perspective, it doesn't really matter who the MLB is.  If Edmunds isn't manning the center zone in cover 2/cover 4 - who is?  Klein?  

Also, rookie TEs tend to do nothing and the veteran TE market is garbage.  Buffalo would have 3 running backs - with we'll say best case scenario of 350 carries.  The offensive line is exactly the same, or probably worse.  Special teams loses a ton of snaps as well.  

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't cut Norman, Jones, and Barkley as they are FA's.  They should be on the next line with players you're letting walk.

Personally I'd prefer to keep Jefferson and let Butler walk as feel he's more versatile.

Think Harris will be gone before the Bills get to pick from what I've seen projected.

Unless Brown is willing to take a big cut I'd let him go as they have a much cheaper replacement on the roster already.

You're cutting more players that you've signed.  Realistically if you look at the Bills roster, they have about 40 to 43 SIGNED players likely to make next years roster.  Add that many more cuts, you still need to add more players. 

Letting Jefferson Addison, and Murphy all leave, adding one FA pass rusher and rookies, IMO the D line just got weaker, not stronger.

My bad, I thought they all had a year left on their deals.  Great all of them can go.

Davis can not do all the things Brown can do.  Davis was very good but he doesn't have the top end speed brown does.  Hopefully Brown and Bills will find common ground.

The DL will be better with most of those guys gone.  Epenesa will be in year 2. 

The numbers will work out in the end.  They will sign more than just on FA of course, I just highlighted that they need to sign at least one FA pass rusher.  They will add a veteran TE, probably another veteran DB, and maybe decide to keep one of those other vet DL.  

Just now, NewEra said:

My bad....skipped over Feliciano somehow.....so your plan is to start the same OL.....even worse. Ford is an upgrade over nobody based on his play.  Hopefully he improves, but he stinks as far as we know.  

So the plan to improve the run game is to draft a RB rd 1 and draft mid round guys to replace the overpriced guys that you chose to resign and start 😳

The defense got a pass rusher?  But its the same DBs and no milano.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You beat the Chiefs with pass rush and a slightly more balanced offense.  Knox has to continue to develop and they need to find a better second option at TE.  

It's the same OL on paper, not the same OL that ever played together.  Ford has more upside than any other interior OL and he hardly played last year.  But you are correct he could be a bust.  Feliciano missed half the year.  Like I said I'm drafting a Center/Guard in round 2-4 to compete for a spot.

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The defense got a pass rusher?  But its the same DBs and no milano.

Yes the same DBs.  The safeties are fine.  White, Johnson, Wallace, and Dane Jackson are fine for your top 4 DB's.