My off-season plan

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would literally put all available resources into both trenches....especially DL.  We need to be fast upfront and we aren't.

I think we go into next season with both Singletary and Moss.  If we can create holes upfront, they will be good.

I agree with fortifying the lines, Moss will be good with a better line.  Singletary is too slow.  I'd like a big, fast back (Harris--AL; Williams--UNC; Hill--Miss State; or Stevenson--Oklahoma, in that order, I think) to complement the line upgrades.  But we def need a better OL and DL, particularly at 1T and pass rush on the DL.  On DL, it likely needs to be a combo of FA and draft picks.  I'd let a lot of the DL vets go to bring in 1-2 top guys (Tomlinson and Yannick) and fill the rest with draft picks and AJ, Oliver, and Hughes)   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

OP - I'm in general agreement and hope something like that materializes.  One slight difference I think they keep Addison and drop Butler - mostly cap related.

I hope they can find good veteran TE and pass rusher.  Ertz seems like he would be too expensive, J Smith would be great, H Henry probably too expensive.  For pass rusher they will need to pay, but like many I think they need to redistribute from multiple depth wise to paying for a stud.

I would love to keep Addison and be able to add someone like Yannick.  unlikely.  If we keep Addison, we need a disruptive 1T and a "lesser" FA like Hendrickson.  Here is a list of FA by position (at the bottom) for those interested.  Of course, it's just this site's list. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2021-rankings-top-players-by-position The lack of a 1T may have been harming the entire DL, including Addison and most importantly Oliver.  

In terms of TE, Everett from LA, or J. Smith would be awesome. (would love henry, but likely too expensive).  Jordan Reed is also an interesting option here.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I would love to keep Addison and be able to add someone like Yannick.  unlikely.  If we keep Addison, we need a disruptive 1T and a "lesser" FA like Hendrickson.  Here is a list of FA by position (at the bottom) for those interested.  Of course, it's just this site's list. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2021-rankings-top-players-by-position The lack of a 1T may have been harming the entire DL, including Addison and most importantly Oliver.  

In terms of TE, Everett from LA, or J. Smith would be awesome. (would love henry, but likely too expensive).  Jordan Reed is also an interesting option here.  

Link broken

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would literally put all available resources into both trenches....especially DL.  We need to be fast upfront and we aren't.

I think we go into next season with both Singletary and Moss.  If we can create holes upfront, they will be good.

Oh God no!  

We've put huge resources into foolish positions like the interior of the DL.  

Doesn't have enough correlation to wins and losses! 

You think the Chiefs regret spending a high draft pick on CEH?

Going into this offseason they are in cap trouble and are losing some key guys to FA. They would have been much better off spending that pick on someone that would actually have an impact.

CEH did not move the needle for them, at all. 

You do not take RBs in round 1. Ever. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Free Agency

• Daryl Williams, RT 3yrs $30M

• Jon Feliciano, G/C 3rs $17M

• JJ Watt, DE 1yr $8M

Cut

• Jerry Hughes, DE

• Vernon Butler, DT

• Quinton Jefferson, DT

• Mario Addison, DE

Draft

• RD1 - Boogie Basham, DE, Wake Forest

• RD2 - Pat Freiermuth, TE PSU

I don't think Pat being available at the end of Round 2. I think he goes mid round maybe to the Patriots if they don't get Pitts in Round 1. 

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Free Agency

• Daryl Williams, RT 3yrs $30M

• Jon Feliciano, G/C 3rs $17M

• JJ Watt, DE 1yr $8M

Cut

• Jerry Hughes, DE

• Vernon Butler, DT

• Quinton Jefferson, DT

• Mario Addison, DE

Draft

• RD1 - Boogie Basham, DE, Wake Forest

• RD2 - Pat Freiermuth, TE PSU

Basham is Addison just cheaper. Bills need an edge bender/speed rusher like Roche. My first two picks are going towards defense. Can get a TE like Tre Mckitty later who’s probably more dynamic  

• 1 month later...

I'm doing ok so far. I had Williams signed and Morse taking a pay cut. Also had cutting Jefferson and keeping Butler. 

I would have restructured Brown and let Addison go but I can live with what Beane has done.

The only big difference is I did not think Milano was coming back.

I think this means no other significant free agents will be signed. 

On to the draft...