Played scared on defense

I honestly don't think we have a very good defense, and a few of the consistent players are only getting older. It was an issue earlier in the year as well, but then good coaching, Milano getting healthy, and AJ Klein making everybody eat crow for a little bit started to change opinions. We're simply short on very good players. We keep drafting them and hoping, but all of them with the exception of Tre White, have gone on to be completely average, and Tre doesn't rush the QB. Oliver-Harry Phillips-Epenesa-Edmunds were all disappointing. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of defensive overhaul the more I think about it.

But keep Jerry Hughes. Always keep Jerry Hughes. He played better than anybody on the defensive line this year and it was great to see.

Just now, Nelius said:

I honestly don't think we have a very good defense, and a few of the consistent players are only getting older. It was an issue earlier in the year as well, but then good coaching, Milano getting healthy, and AJ Klein making everybody eat crow for a little bit started to change opinions. We're simply short on very good players. We keep drafting them and hoping, but all of them with the exception of Tre White, have gone on to be completely average, and Tre doesn't rush the QB. Oliver-Harry Phillips-Epenesa-Edmunds were all disappointing. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of defensive overhaul the more I think about it.

But keep Jerry Hughes. Always keep Jerry Hughes. He played better than anybody on the defensive line this year and it was great to see.

Tre got his lunch money taken today.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He learned from Reid when He flat out sucked in the playoffs for many years. 

Reid evolved, I hope McD does as well. 

Reid got fired in Philly for making the playoffs and then blowing,  he now takes chances and coaches to win and not to lose

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I honestly don't think this defense could have stopped Henne as QB either.  Wasn't like Mahomes was outwordly, it was pitch and catch all night.  

He moved the pocket a lot to slow down our pass rush but the throws themselves were mostly to wide open dudes and anyone could've made them lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Can they turn it around in 2021?

That's the hope.

Allen can progress more. Daboll has to show he can fix the running schemes and not only the passing schemes. They can add more talent on offense and defense.

My concern is dealing with the Chiefs offense. That's not so simple. They are one of the best offenses I have ever seen. They have weapons that are demoralizing. The combination of Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, and Andy Reid is deadly. I think the key is pressuring Mahomes and preventing him from getting the ball into the hands of those playmakers. So on defense they need to get a big time pass rusher who can dominate. That's not likely unless they somehow trade for one.

I think the Bills can be really good, but the Chiefs are a dynasty. It sucks they had to come around at the same time the Bills got good. But that's just the reality. But let's see how the Bills answer next year. They are going to be pissed and on a mission.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

That's the hope.

Allen can progress more. Daboll has to show he can fix the running schemes and not only the passing schemes. They can add more talent on offense and defense.

My concern is dealing with the Chiefs offense. That's not so simple. They are one of the best offenses I have ever seen. They have weapons that are demoralizing. The combination of Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, and Andy Reid is deadly. I think the key is pressuring Mahomes and preventing him from getting the ball into the hands of those playmakers. So on defense they need to get a big time pass rusher who can dominate. That's not likely unless they somehow trade for one.

I think the Bills can be really good, but the Chiefs are a dynasty. It sucks they had to come around at the same time the Bills got good. But that's just the reality. But let's see how the Bills answer next year. They are going to be pissed and on a mission.

Would love to get a Fletcher Cox type pass rusher

It was a terrible game plan and display on Defense period.  This D just was not that great this year, spoiled from past few years.  I think Tre White was ok but not a dominant corner this year.  Edmunds not that great but somehow made the pro bowl too.  The offense was not that good today.  The chiefs D is not that good, but the Bills made them look good today.  Bad year for Singletary, need a RB, maybe Najee Harris, he can move a pile and catch like a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Nelius said:

A huge part of out Defensive inadequacies stem from the old retread bend but don't break Frazier Trots out every game...its soft,has little adjustments and gets fooled over and over on misdirection...we are too worried about the big play that we give up allot of big plays if that even makes sense

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

It was a terrible game plan and display on Defense period.  This D just was not that great this year, spoiled from past few years.  I think Tre White was ok but not a dominant corner this year.  Edmunds not that great but somehow made the pro bowl too.  The offense was not that good today.  The chiefs D is not that good, but the Bills made them look good today.  Bad year for Singletary, need a RB, maybe Najee Harris, he can move a pile and catch like a WR.

Yup,  KC looked very average against the Browns.  Brutal game plan on both sides of the ball

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- 
THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series!The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RockyBalboa said:

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- 
THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series!The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!

any blame for Dabs? 

Personally I think he is an easy target 

When they brought down the safeties Hill burnt them. Going against Mahomes, Hill and Kelce is a tough task. The coaches in two attempts didn't come up with a good gameplan. I would have attempted what Romo suggested at half down. Go with 3 down players and use Milano to jam Kelce at the line and keep the coverage sustained. But even then that would have only given Mahomes more time to throw and Hill can still pick you apart underneath. The defense wasn't playing scared they just had no real recourse for a KC team that was playing well.

Was listening to a radio interview with one of the Tampa Bay defensive backs today.  They asked him how they were able to stop Green Bay on a few red zone chances and get them off the field on some big 3rd downs?

He said they had to play "edgy" against GB.  Edgy and physical against their receivers.  I'm curious if they can succeed that way against KC in the Super Bowl because Buffalo wasn't the least bit edgy on Sunday night.  On the flip side, KC was "sticky" against our broken down WR group,,,,  just can't happen in a big game.