Jump to content

Played scared on defense


benderbender
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gameplan was a spitting image of week 6 only KC attacked it a different way....Terrible coaching. You don’t go up against the best team in the league and bring the same gameplan as you did earlier in the season. Doesn’t matter if the score was close, they were gonna be ready for it.  
 

We said we weren’t the same team as the first time we played, why the same game plan then? 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly don't think we have a very good defense, and a few of the consistent players are only getting older. It was an issue earlier in the year as well, but then good coaching, Milano getting healthy, and AJ Klein making everybody eat crow for a little bit started to change opinions. We're simply short on very good players. We keep drafting them and hoping, but all of them with the exception of Tre White, have gone on to be completely average, and Tre doesn't rush the QB. Oliver-Harry Phillips-Epenesa-Edmunds were all disappointing. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of defensive overhaul the more I think about it.

 

But keep Jerry Hughes. Always keep Jerry Hughes. He played better than anybody on the defensive line this year and it was great to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nelius said:

I honestly don't think we have a very good defense, and a few of the consistent players are only getting older. It was an issue earlier in the year as well, but then good coaching, Milano getting healthy, and AJ Klein making everybody eat crow for a little bit started to change opinions. We're simply short on very good players. We keep drafting them and hoping, but all of them with the exception of Tre White, have gone on to be completely average, and Tre doesn't rush the QB. Oliver-Harry Phillips-Epenesa-Edmunds were all disappointing. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of defensive overhaul the more I think about it.

 

But keep Jerry Hughes. Always keep Jerry Hughes. He played better than anybody on the defensive line this year and it was great to see.

Tre got his lunch money taken today.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He learned from Reid when He flat out sucked in the playoffs for many years. 

Reid evolved, I hope McD does as well. 

Reid got fired in Philly for making the playoffs and then blowing,  he now takes chances and coaches to win and not to lose

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pigpen65 said:

Addison was a truly horrible signing by Beane. Would have been better off sticking with Murphy.

And Norman, and Butler. Klein was meh.

 

Lot of wasted money on ex Panthers. 

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I honestly don't think this defense could have stopped Henne as QB either.  Wasn't like Mahomes was outwordly, it was pitch and catch all night.  

He moved the pocket a lot to slow down our pass rush but the throws themselves were mostly to wide open dudes and anyone could've made them lol

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Can they turn it around in 2021?

That's the hope.

 

Allen can progress more. Daboll has to show he can fix the running schemes and not only the passing schemes. They can add more talent on offense and defense.

 

My concern is dealing with the Chiefs offense. That's not so simple. They are one of the best offenses I have ever seen. They have weapons that are demoralizing. The combination of Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, and Andy Reid is deadly. I think the key is pressuring Mahomes and preventing him from getting the ball into the hands of those playmakers. So on defense they need to get a big time pass rusher who can dominate. That's not likely unless they somehow trade for one.

 

I think the Bills can be really good, but the Chiefs are a dynasty. It sucks they had to come around at the same time the Bills got good. But that's just the reality. But let's see how the Bills answer next year. They are going to be pissed and on a mission.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MJS said:

That's the hope.

 

Allen can progress more. Daboll has to show he can fix the running schemes and not only the passing schemes. They can add more talent on offense and defense.

 

My concern is dealing with the Chiefs offense. That's not so simple. They are one of the best offenses I have ever seen. They have weapons that are demoralizing. The combination of Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, and Andy Reid is deadly. I think the key is pressuring Mahomes and preventing him from getting the ball into the hands of those playmakers. So on defense they need to get a big time pass rusher who can dominate. That's not likely unless they somehow trade for one.

 

I think the Bills can be really good, but the Chiefs are a dynasty. It sucks they had to come around at the same time the Bills got good. But that's just the reality. But let's see how the Bills answer next year. They are going to be pissed and on a mission.

 

Would love to get a Fletcher Cox type pass rusher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a terrible game plan and display on Defense period.  This D just was not that great this year, spoiled from past few years.  I think Tre White was ok but not a dominant corner this year.  Edmunds not that great but somehow made the pro bowl too.  The offense was not that good today.  The chiefs D is not that good, but the Bills made them look good today.  Bad year for Singletary, need a RB, maybe Najee Harris, he can move a pile and catch like a WR.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I honestly don't think we have a very good defense, and a few of the consistent players are only getting older. It was an issue earlier in the year as well, but then good coaching, Milano getting healthy, and AJ Klein making everybody eat crow for a little bit started to change opinions. We're simply short on very good players. We keep drafting them and hoping, but all of them with the exception of Tre White, have gone on to be completely average, and Tre doesn't rush the QB. Oliver-Harry Phillips-Epenesa-Edmunds were all disappointing. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of defensive overhaul the more I think about it.

 

But keep Jerry Hughes. Always keep Jerry Hughes. He played better than anybody on the defensive line this year and it was great to see.

A huge part of out Defensive inadequacies stem from the old retread bend but don't break Frazier Trots out every game...its soft,has little adjustments and gets fooled over and over on misdirection...we are too worried about the big play that we give up allot of big plays if that even makes sense

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

It was a terrible game plan and display on Defense period.  This D just was not that great this year, spoiled from past few years.  I think Tre White was ok but not a dominant corner this year.  Edmunds not that great but somehow made the pro bowl too.  The offense was not that good today.  The chiefs D is not that good, but the Bills made them look good today.  Bad year for Singletary, need a RB, maybe Najee Harris, he can move a pile and catch like a WR.

Yup,  KC looked very average against the Browns.  Brutal game plan on both sides of the ball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- 
THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series!The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RockyBalboa said:

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- 
THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series!The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!


any blame for Dabs? 
 

Personally I think he is an easy target 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When they brought down the safeties Hill burnt them. Going against Mahomes, Hill and Kelce is a tough task. The coaches in two attempts didn't come up with a good gameplan. I would have attempted what Romo suggested at half down. Go with 3 down players and use Milano to jam Kelce at the line and keep the coverage sustained. But even then that would have only given Mahomes more time to throw and Hill can still pick you apart underneath. The defense wasn't playing scared they just had no real recourse for a KC team that was playing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...