Deshaun Watson prefers the Jets

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes the Defense stunk in that game, but after getting a 21 point lead in the 1st Q,  Texans would only score 10 more points and got shut out in the 4th Q, turning it over on downs 3 straight drives.

In the 2018 WC game, Watson was pretty much a dud.

That is fair he was bad in the 2018 WC game. The Colts did a really good job and he looked over matched his first post season game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That is fair he was bad in the 2018 WC game. The Colts did a really good job and he looked over matched his first post season game. 

Of course he got his team to the playoffs as a rookie...

15 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Ridiculous position for a guy who just signed a massive extension. Leslie Frasier could smooth this over. The kids not going to sit this out. He has some leverage but not a ton. 

Amen. If you just got a HUGE contract and you will have Leslie Frazier or even Bieniemy as your coach, what is the problem?  This screams of a guy who wants his contract redone to look like a Mahomes contract.  That is really what this is all about.  And he is not getting a Mahomes contract.  

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I just don’t get it. Why would any prefer the Jets? They don’t really have much talent anywhere. In what world does a top 5-10 QB look at the Jets and the Dolphins and think “yeah, NYJ is a way better set up!”

He wants the Jets to sign him, revise his contract to look like Mahomes contract, and then get him all the NY Endorsement money.  This is all about money.

The Texans have said repeatedly they are not trading him.  They aren't revising his contract either.  The guy is clueless. 

• Like (+1) 1

mango and bite, Mahomes contract is worth than his current one.  Why?  Because Mahomes signed a team friendly contract where he kills it in the last three years.  Capologists, one is MTC, Pat Kirwan has been on record for six months Mahomes doesn’t even reach a Wilson contract for almost server years.  

Mahomes will get it but after Covid other qbs will get more based on inflation like Watson with what they have now.  I think Watson wants to get the heck out of a dysfunctional team.  I don’t see Texans buying it.  Watson will make a lot more $ if they don’t give him up and f8nd a way to win moving forward.

I do trust Frazier he can be a calming force in this situation.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Amen. If you just got a HUGE contract and you will have Leslie Frazier or even Bieniemy as your coach, what is the problem?  This screams of a guy who wants his contract redone to look like a Mahomes contract.  That is really what this is all about.  And he is not getting a Mahomes contract.  

You keep saying it is about money with zero evidence. Just keep spewing your nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

mango and bite, Mahomes contract is worth than his current one.  Why?  Because Mahomes signed a team friendly contract where he kills it in the last three years.  Capologists, one is MTC, Pat Kirwan has been on record for six months Mahomes doesn’t even reach a Wilson contract for almost server years.  

Mahomes will get it but after Covid other qbs will get more based on inflation like Watson with what they have now.  I think Watson wants to get the heck out of a dysfunctional team.  I don’t see Texans buying it.  Watson will make a lot more $ if they don’t give him up and f8nd a way to win moving forward.

I do trust Frazier he can be a calming force in this situation.

It actually surpasses Wilson's by 2023.  Where it's good for the Chefs is that once he hits 2023, it's a series of option years for the Chiefs since he has no signing bonus hit, just salary and (huge) roster bonuses that have to be paid-out on the 3rd day of the new league year.  If they cut him prior to that, no cap hit at all.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You keep saying it is about money with zero evidence. Just keep spewing your nonsense.

This guy signed a mega contract 1 year ago.  Now he wants out.  😂

Today he is leaking he wants out even if they hire the coach he wants.  It is all about the 💲💲💲

Wait until they hire a coach, the Texans don't trade him, and then........ "I will play but I want my contract redone."

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Strethor said:

I think he's just causing a ruckus just to get Biemmeny. Once he gets his coach he will calm down. I doubt he gets traded

Mort and others are reporting differently.  This is all ridiculous anyway.  The Texans are not trading him.  He will play and get paid or he won't.  They hire a Fitzpatrick for a year and he produces then Watson will look mighty stupid, and he knows that.

At the end of the day Frazier or Bieniemy will be hired.  Watson will scream and moan and threaten to hold out and want his contract redone. The Texans will do something to allow him to save face, and then he will go back to losing playoff games.

• Eyeroll 1