Trump Impeachment 2.0

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A more extreme approach might be to refuse to mount a defense based on the argument the legislative branch under the Senate has no authority to "try" or "impeach" a private citizen.  Therefore, any legal actions must be entertained in Federal court under the authority of the judiciary branch.  As the articles of impeachment were delivered from the House to the Senate after the Biden term started and the Trump term ended this position has some validity as the law is one part legality and two parts process. 

Article I, section 3 of the Constitution states the Senate has sole power over impeachment proceedings of the President.  But he's not the President.  So the issue may be destined for a Supreme Court ruling. 

And let's not yank each others chains here.  The sole purpose of the impeachment is not to address some "insurrection" charge.  It's politically motivated to make sure Trump cannot hold any office, or specifically run for the presidency in 2024.  That possibility scares the crap out of the Democrats and many Republicans who want to see him gone.  I really can't foresee that happening but I guess they figure if the opportunity comes along to prevent it why take a chance?  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A more extreme approach might be to refuse to mount a defense based on the argument the legislative branch under the Senate has no authority to "try" or "impeach" a private citizen.  Therefore, any legal actions must be entertained in Federal court under the authority of the judiciary branch.  As the articles of impeachment were delivered from the House to the Senate after the Biden term started and the Trump term ended this position has some validity as the law is one part legality and two parts process. 

Article I, section 3 of the Constitution states the Senate has sole power over impeachment proceedings of the President.  But he's not the President.  So the issue may be destined for a Supreme Court ruling. 

And let's not yank each others chains here.  The sole purpose of the impeachment is not to address some "insurrection" charge.  It's politically motivated to make sure Trump cannot hold any office, or specifically run for the presidency in 2024.  That possibility scares the crap out of the Democrats and many Republicans who want to see him gone.  I really can't foresee that happening but I guess they figure if the opportunity comes along to prevent it why take a chance?  

This may be the most well thought out post I’ve read on here in months. Very well summarized and 100% correct!

End thread.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Very interesting perspective, and I agree with your assessment on why this is playing out on the dem side of things.  To take it just a bit further, I think dem leadership recognizes the emotional immaturity of its base and and is playing to that crowd.  We have seen it here over the past few days--the old "If he refuses to testify it makes him look even more guilty".  You can have a rational argument with some people about the way our justice system works, why the ability to decline to speak on your own behalf is so vitally important to the concept of personal freedom, but with others you simply cannot.  

There are precious few new ideas in political life, and we see the same cycles repeat over and over again because they work, and people fall for it.  The subtle differences between "Trump and Russia" and "McCarthyism" are really just a matter of degree and methodology of pursuing the allegedly treasonous party.  The exact same argument being pushed today--"Well, if he doesn't testify, it sure makes him appear guilty" was made during Mueller's attempted purge, and really isn't all that far removed from the course of action followed in the Salem Witch Trials.  

It doesn't matter that the dopes lead by their noses on Russia morphed quietly from treason to obstruction, the premise being that if you refuse to submit, you're hiding something, and if you try to defend yourself on something that you did not do, you're obstructing the inquisitors.  

Personally, I like the angle he's taking, best summarized by International Criminal Leslie Chow.  

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You just read the Tweets - got it.

"Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction."

Who is "they?"  

What fraud were they concerned with?

Memes?

Tweets?  

YouTube videos?  

No "they" were the ones rigging and perpetrating fraud.  How much is a rigged Google search worth in billions as a donation to Biden's campaign?  Or rigged Twitter trends?

Speaking of which.....didn't see the jobs report number trending today.  Odd.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction."

Who is "they?"  

What fraud were they concerned with?

Memes?

Tweets?  

YouTube videos?  

No "they" were the ones rigging and perpetrating fraud.  How much is a rigged Google search worth in billions as a donation to Biden's campaign?  Or rigged Twitter trends?

Speaking of which.....didn't see the jobs report number trending today.  Odd.  

Point out to where any one here said that COVID would disappear and the economy would bounce back the day Biden took office?

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Point out to where any one here said that COVID would disappear and the economy would bounce back the day Biden took office?

Ralph Northam just declared Covid is over and schools must open by March 15.  

All the metrics we said we had to follow are now out the window bc the metrics were 10x lower in September.

If this was purely bc the vaccine is making it possible that is not what he said.

Northam tells school districts to offer in-person learning by March 15

"To prevent irreparable learning loss and psychological damage, I expect every school division in the Commonwealth to make in-person learning options available by March 15, 2021, in accordance with the latest guidance," Northam said in a letter to the state's school superintendents. 

He then went on to say The CDC Fauci and President Biden have all called for schools to open and its safe to do so (with safety measures obviously forever).

Sham.  Whole thing was a sham.  I'd ask you what's it feel like to be a dupe but you're not.....you just supported the 2020 Coup by Team Uniparty.  

Edited by Big Blitz

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ralph Northam just declared Covid is over and schools must open by March 15.  

All the metrics we said we had to follow are now out the window bc the metrics were 10x lower in September.

If this was purely bc the vaccine is making it possible that is not what he said.

Northam tells school districts to offer in-person learning by March 15

"To prevent irreparable learning loss and psychological damage, I expect every school division in the Commonwealth to make in-person learning options available by March 15, 2021, in accordance with the latest guidance," Northam said in a letter to the state's school superintendents. 

He then went on to say The CDC Fauci and President Biden have all called for schools to open and its safe to do so (with safety measures obviously forever).

Sham.  Whole thing was a sham.  I'd ask you what's it feel like to be a dupe but you're not.....you just supported the 2020 Coup by Team Uniparty.  

DUPED? LMAO

Are you serious? You got DUPED the past four years.

Is BILLSFANS.COM not fun anymore? Isn't there a COVID and  Election Fraud thread you can play in over there?

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

DUPED? LMAO

Is BILLSFANS.COM not fun for anymore? Isn't there a COVID and  Election Fraud thread you can play in over there?

I confess... I bit, and went to the web page you quoted, just to find it is in the blocked list from my company server, what the heck went on in that site?? I digress...😅

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

DUPED? LMAO

I don't know what you are talking about.  

Life was great.  Not sure what policy from Trump negatively impacted an actual American Citizen.

But I can think of plenty of Fascist Dems that are negatively impacting people (bc they duped them----they wear TWO masks now!) in the most unprecedented ways imaginable 

My guy tweeted and got you in your feelings.  

The China/Democrat Coalition has set back a generation of kids and ruined countless lives.  

But at least you don't have to watch Trump argue with Jim Acosta anymore.  

• Dislike 1

I heard an idea the other day about opening schools I thought interesting.

Close schools now until September.  Everyone repeats a grade.

By September we should be in a lot better shape due to vaccines.

How much have kids actually learned since September 2020 and will learn in a few more months of Zoom school??

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sure it would be great to not allow Trump to ever run again but it ain't happening and they know it ain't happening.  The real purpose is to make Trump the greatest Democrat Party fund raising tool since Newt Gingrich.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I heard an idea the other day about opening schools I thought interesting.

Close schools now until September.  Everyone repeats a grade.

By September we should be in a lot better shape due to vaccines.

How much have kids actually learned since September 2020 and will learn in a few more months of Zoom school??

They could try and take advantage of this situation to try and rework school to work better, I mean summer vacation doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

• Like (+1) 1