Where was the black coat official today-- officiating in today's playoff game?

They let everyone play today. There were a couple of defensive holding calls we got away with as well. They gave old man Rivers every opportunity today they possibly could. Still a W for our Bills, though I'm sure I'm a little more thin up top after this one. Now we get to do it all again next week. Go Bills!!!

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

My view is that it was definitely a fumble, but it's not insane that they said it wasn't clear enough to overturn. 

Oh, it was clear and it was definitely a fumble. Should have been our ball and kneel down time. Glad we still got the win. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

My view is that it was definitely a fumble, but it's not insane that they said it wasn't clear enough to overturn. 

These guys should be smart enough to know this was a smart play by Poyer* to let him up, not a flukey fumble. Add that to a call that looks pretty clear and you have extra evidence of what your eyes told you.

Edited by BillsShredder83
Autocorrect
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

They let everyone play today. There were a couple of defensive holding calls we got away with as well. They gave old man Rivers every opportunity today they possibly could. Still a W for our Bills, though I'm sure I'm a little more thin up top after this one. Now we get to do it all again next week. Go Bills!!!

I don't have an issue with letting them play. But when your D-line is straight being tackled by an O-line that is really not letting them play is it? 

Edited by Real McNasty

Absolutely obvious call. NFL officiating is comical. I understand in real time getting the call wrong. To get it wrong on replay is embarrassing. Also, we all know they weren’t going to review it until McDermott called that T.O and forced them to. Then, suddenly, the replay official happened to be buzzing and we get the T.O back. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

OK....here is my thought.....wasn't a fumble that wasn't unlike the 3 in a row calls the Bills got earlier in the game....people ease down!!! 

These refs are not perfect.  Bills made out more than they lost out.  Bottom line they won...breathe people breathe!

Edited by Kwai San

Turns out it was freaking Al Riveron — who has no business being employed as an NFL official — who made the decision:

”The final minute had a major controversy, with the Colts’ Zach Pascal appearing to fumble and the Bills recovering to seal the win. The officials ruled Pascal down on the field and the replay official didn’t signal for a review, but Bills coach Sean McDermott called timeout, and during the timeout the play was reviewed. Most observers weighing in on social media thought it was a fumble, but Al Riveron in the league’s officiating office decided that the ruling on the field would stand.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/09/bills-hold-on-to-beat-colts-in-wild-postseason-opener/

Edited by dave mcbride

12 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I could see why they ruled it down at first. On review it's pretty clear that he gets back up before he's contacted. But I don't see the exact moment the ball comes out, and he gets tackled again. I couldn't see when the ball was clearly fumbled before his butt hits down again. 

• pennstate10 changed the title to Where was the black coat official today-- officiating in today's playoff game?
2 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Well you see, the play clock has to hit zero. The referee has to look at his watch to confirm the zero. He then has to look at the ball. Then he has to look back up at the play clock to make sure that the first zero wasn’t a mirage. Then back down to his watch to make sure there are no glitches in the Matrix. Then back up to the ball. If is still not snapped, he/she then the makes the call.

There was one that was at 0 for like 3 seconds and then they just gave Colts a timeout.  I swear they dont even look at the play clock and use that procedure as an excuse for not paying attention. They really need a buzzer that goes off.