Common Ground

Tenhigh

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The difference is that this is the soul of an actual political party now with its leader being the POTUS, the leader of the "free world" and most powerful man in the world.

And if you say that Antifa is the soul of the Democratic Party, you really don't have a leg to stand on.

I don't really think that Trump is the soul of the republican party any more than you think Antifa is the soul of the democrats.  They both represent the fringe, IMHO.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/7/2021 at 4:34 PM, Tenhigh said:

This seems like a dead end, lol.  How about you @Big Blitz.  Can you say that we all agree that the people who broke in to the Capitol should be arrested because they broke the law? 

So I was writing out a reply to your original post and saw the notification so let me answer this question first and then respond to your OP.

I don't know who the heck in America of any significance thinks those people that stormed thru police and vandalized the Capitol should not be charged. 

As to your OP, I don't have an easy answer regarding how to end this de facto Civil War.  Trump is not the problem.  The politicization of everything is the problem.

And the Left, with 100% support from the establishment media and officially in Jan 2017 all of Silicon Valley, for 4 years has been telling the country he's the biggest threat to democracy and to the Republic ever.  I'm sorry.  But those people can't be taken seriously.  And as for the media enabling it...well that's the biggest threat to the republic.  Trump is the result of millions of Americans KNOWING they no longer had a level playing field (and its gone all the way full tilt since 2016) when it comes to honest reporting and journalism.    

If half the country feels like they don't have a voice in the arena, then guess what....they might one day storm the arena.  I'm not justifying these idiots at the Capitol.  I'm speaking for the millions of people that hate the other half the country and why they do.  Last summer we watched protesters break things, hurt people, post all over the place (and these were prominent people) things like "we're coming for the suburbs next!!!"  All summer.  So what happens when those "protesters" march thru a suburb of a city they are causing mayhem in (excused by the people calling for impeachment today for God's sakes); what happens is a couple that believes they need to defend their property just in case things go bad, they go to their own front porch with a gun and what happens--they get charged!  They get vilified.  How is this possible? 

Yesterday, the virtue signaling useful idiots were demanding anyone that approached the People's House or enter it, get shot.  Ummm ok.  But if you go out on your front porch armed to guard your property, this is a national outrage? 

I mean C'mon man! 

I'm usually optimistic by nature.  But I'm pretty sure the Republic is gone until you turn the narrative makers in this country into actual journalists.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

I don't really think that Trump is the soul of the republican party any more than you think Antifa is the soul of the democrats.  They both represent the fringe, IMHO.  

Fringe?

Are you kidding?

Support of Trump in the Republican party was some crazy high number of 95% or something crazy just a few months ago.  What happened yesterday will likely shift things a little, but anyone who is shocked by where Trump led his followers is utterly naive because he's been talking about this since the 2015 General Election.

All Trump supporters are culpable to at least some small degree plainly because of their dismissiveness over Trump's rhetoric when his rhetoric is what ultimately caused yesterday.

That is a sad but plain truth.  As great as it is that a bunch of those Republican senators backtracked their challenges to the free and fair election, the fact that they were blindly and loyally following their leader's move to overturn an election brought this entire incident about.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fringe?

Are you kidding?

Support of Trump in the Republican party was some crazy high number of 95% or something crazy just a few months ago.  What happened yesterday will likely shift things a little, but anyone who is shocked by where Trump led his followers is utterly naive because he's been talking about this since the 2015 General Election.

All Trump supporters are culpable to at least some small degree plainly because of their dismissiveness over Trump's rhetoric when his rhetoric is what ultimately caused yesterday.

That is a sad but plain truth.  As great as it is that a bunch of those Republican senators backtracked their challenges to the free and fair election, the fact that they were blindly and loyally following their leader's move to overturn an election brought this entire incident about.

I don't really see that, most reps I know generally do not like Trump. The dislike is generally almost as much as they dislike the policies of the left. Almost. 

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I don't really see that, most reps I know generally do not like Trump. The dislike is generally almost as much as they dislike the policies of the left. Almost. 

The Republicans you know are not representative of the party as a whole.

It's pretty widely known that support of Trump in the Republican party was insanely high.

Now, maybe what you're actually saying is what I hear from my Bills fan friend who voted for Trump in that he doesn't like what he says, but he loves what he's been doing.

Even that's problematic, in all honesty.  The Trump policies are so closely tied in with who he is and what he says.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Republicans you know are not representative of the party as a whole.

It's pretty widely known that support of Trump in the Republican party was insanely high.

Now, maybe what you're actually saying is what I hear from my Bills fan friend who voted for Trump in that he doesn't like what he says, but he loves what he's been doing.

Even that's problematic, in all honesty.  The Trump policies are so closely tied in with who he is and what he says.

Do you think that everything he has done in office is terrible?  

• Like (+1) 1

The details of that last proposed stimulus bill was a giant middle finger from congress to a population that has been struggling to get by these last 9 months. I wish people cared about that as much as they care about "stolen" elections and dead criminals.

• Like (+1) 3

The core of this debate is a good one. (So long as a few of our local bomb throwers, can avoid jumping in.) The vast majority of the Right wants the government to leave everyone alone in order to: pursue their own version of happiness, and liberty. The vast majority of the Left wants government more involved to: correct perceived wrongs, level the playing field, etc. These diverse opinions don't make one side right and the other wrong. What we need is more compromise, and less talk of winning all three branches so 'we can do whatever we want'. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A few thoughts.  

1.  Social media/artificial intelligence is at least partly responsible for this.   People get fed more of what they spend time on.  They see little and eventually none of what they skip over.  Then they see others who agree with their viewpoints.  It all feeds on itself.  
2.  Large numbers of people of incredibly gullible and are being manipulated like puppets.  I find this really disturbing.  Our president tells people what to believe and they believe it no matter how untrue it is.  
3.  Humans are territorial by nature.  Anyone read the book Sapiens?  

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The core of this debate is a good one. (So long as a few of our local bomb throwers, can avoid jumping in.) The vast majority of the Right wants the government to leave everyone alone in order to: pursue their own version of happiness, and liberty. The vast majority of the Left wants government more involved to: correct perceived wrongs, level the playing field, etc. These diverse opinions don't make one side right and the other wrong. What we need is more compromise, and less talk of winning all three branches so 'we can do whatever we want'. 

The Trumpsters want a totalitarian style of government.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fringe?

Are you kidding?

bump this thread

so that makes you culpable for david dorn and secoriea turner ect ect? kamala and biden posted bail for rioters. political people to this day say antifa is a myth. a man who claimed to be 100% antifa stalked and killed a man last year.

come on, the hypocracy from both sides is pretty thick. protests are ok one min, not the next. goverment property is sacred to one..not the other. switch as it fits. it just keeps going and going. the people who are agitating it are PROFITING! money, power you name it...are you so sure your not being gaslit and manipulated as well?

if you are thinking yeah but...thats different because...then you most likely entrenched.

killing unarmed people is wrong

violent protests should be condemned

all people should be treated equally

these statments have no politics and can go much much further. i think most people AGREE as long as they leave them as statements without the bs political divsion.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

This seems like a dead end, lol.  How about you @Big Blitz.  Can you say that we all agree that the people who broke in to the Capitol should be arrested because they broke the law? 

Man, it's like an impaired robot ***** a brick wall and you have to try and have a conversation with that offspring:death:

We all need unity and to stop acting like we are supremely correct and the other side is supremely wrong... If you can't do that then you need a good long look at yourself. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Man, it's like an impaired robot ***** a brick wall and you have to try and have a conversation with that offspring:death:

We all need unity and to stop acting like we are supremely correct and the other side is supremely wrong... If you can't do that then you need a good long look at yourself. 

If I'm wrong then correct me, but weren't you pushing the false flag Antifa narrative?  People lying, making up conspiracy theories and spreading them to the masses are the disease.

• Like (+1) 1

Here is the better question. 

So Ds have control of all 3 branches as narrow as the lines of coke on TBB's dining room table.  

What are they doing to teach across the aisle?

When Bush won in 2000 and 2004 every media outlet....oh he doesn't have a "mandate" or womandate depending your pov......must work with other side!

Now I prefer they do as little as possible.  But they won't.  

So where are they compromising?  Find me ANY tweets from Dems or significant media outlets that say "Dems must work to find common ground." 

Find me ONE 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

@TB Bills, why are you meh'ing this post?  what about it don't you agree with?

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

He has a 95% approval rating in his own party.

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If I'm wrong then correct me, but weren't you pushing the false flag Antifa narrative?  People lying, making up conspiracy theories and spreading them to the masses are the disease.

I'm not saying everybody there was Antifa, but a good number were, just like a good number were real Trump supporters...

Antifa was already in town, you really think they'd pass up the opportunity to raid a government building?!

7 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

@TB Bills, why are you meh'ing this post?  what about it don't you agree with?

Probably the latter part as you can see lol

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Here is the better question. 

So Ds have control of all 3 branches as narrow as the lines of coke on TBB's dining room table.  

What are they doing to teach across the aisle?

When Bush won in 2000 and 2004 every media outlet....oh he doesn't have a "mandate" or womandate depending your pov......must work with other side!

Now I prefer they do as little as possible.  But they won't.  

So where are they compromising?  Find me ANY tweets from Dems or significant media outlets that say "Dems must work to find common ground." 

Find me ONE 

Bruh, that has been Joe Biden's message since day one.  You can Google it yourself if you're being genuine.  Keep in mind also that Moscow Mitch, Trump and co.  CONSTANTLY talk about winning being a mandate by the people to do their bidding and implement their policies

While were here let's debunk the first myth of what the social Democrats will do to 'our' country.  ThE StOcK MaRkEt wIlL KrAsH!

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm not saying everybody there was Antifa, but a good number were, just like a good number were real Trump supporters...

Antifa was already in town, you really think they'd pass up the opportunity to raid a government building?!

You provided the same amount of proof of Antifa being inside the building as voter fraud.  1 case.  The problem lies in that the idiot Trump, OAN, and Newsmax crowd take that one example to create a complete false narrative that it was Antifa fueled.

• Like (+1) 1