Common Ground

Tenhigh

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Those Presidents were just better in their first terms than Trump.

This was an interesting exercise, though. You doubted my statement and asked for proof. I provided requested proof.

Then in an effort to validate your own beliefs you sought evidence you could use to counter that proof.

There's a big difference between those other Presidents and Trump. It's Covid and our current Economy.

I appreciate the initial acknowledgement even if you couldn't quite sustain it .

This is why we can't have common ground. I just looked at the numbers you provided and made an observation. You twisted it into me wanting to validate my own beliefs whatever that means.  

Trump is a scum bag and I am counting the days til his exit. Doesn't mean I can't look at numbers and notice trends objectively.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is why we can't have common ground. I just looked at the numbers you provided and made an observation. You twisted it into me wanting to validate my own beliefs whatever that means.  

Trump is a scum bag and I am counting the days til his exit. Doesn't mean I can't look at numbers and notice trends objectively.

Being "objective" relating to numbers correlating to the situation I provided you relating to Trump's last few months in office combined with his actual Increasing support among Republicans isn't objectivity, it's naivete, if not wilful ignorance.

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Being "objective" relating to numbers correlating to the situation I provided you relating to Trump's last few months in office combined with his actual Increasing support among Republicans isn't objectivity, it's naivete, if not wilful ignorance.

Oh you must be talking about the president who was IMPEACHED for bribing a foreign official by trying to get them to destroy his political opponent, yet they STILL supported him.  Here's the facts for those who still aren't in the know:  They still loved Trump, because Fox and the other insane outlets convinced them Democrats are 10x worse than the most crooked president we've ever seen. The Republican party still supported him, because his numbskull followers would primary anyone who did the right thing, and stand up for Democracy.  Then there's 100k lies, and 100k other things he did that were not presidential.  Now maybe he can understand why it's completely mind-numbing that he still had 90% approval.  THAT'S why context matters.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I tried.  Lets just let this one die, fellas.  

I told you, you cannot find common ground with the brainwashed. Be happy that Republicans and Democrats have found common ground in our Senate as of late to force out the 3rd party of brainwashed lead by Trump.

32 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

do-or-do-not-there-isno-try-yoda-imgflip

7 hours ago, daz28 said:

Oh you must be talking about the president who was IMPEACHED for bribing a foreign official by trying to get them to destroy his political opponent, yet they STILL supported him.  Here's the facts for those who still aren't in the know:  They still loved Trump, because Fox and the other insane outlets convinced them Democrats are 10x worse than the most crooked president we've ever seen. The Republican party still supported him, because his numbskull followers would primary anyone who did the right thing, and stand up for Democracy.  Then there's 100k lies, and 100k other things he did that were not presidential.  Now maybe he can understand why it's completely mind-numbing that he still had 90% approval.  THAT'S why context matters.  

Please list all 100k lies and 100k other things... we'll be waiting:flirt:

I kind of find it false equivalence to go "both sides are extreme" when one got their asses beat for asking "Hey, can there be real consequences when cops kill an unarmed person?" And "Are you going to do anything about these Nazis" while the other just went through a deadly seizure of our legislature in an attempt to overturn an election.

TLDR? You're full of ***** and you should feel bad

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow you really got me.

Good job. carry on.

Go BILLS !!!

Edited by reddogblitz

I was just about to go in and delete this thread, and decided I wanted to give it one last look before I killed it.  What  I saw really shocked me, and restored a sliver of faith in our future.  Upon further review, we seem to agree on a hell of a lot of things.    Leaving out why you think that the other side is terrible, and your side is right, can anyone dispute the below points?  

1.  The Bills are an awesome football team.  

2.  As a species, we should be beyond the point where we result to rioting and looting. 

3.  We are all too often rigid in our views.  

4.  Extremists on the end of both spectrums are bad for the country.  @TB Bills

5.  People that stormed thru police and vandalized the Capitol should ABSOLUTELY be charged. @Big Blitz

6.  We all want American children to grow up nourished, educated, and sent out into the world prepared to be more successful than we are. @reddogblitz

7.  What we need is more compromise, and less talk of winning all three branches so 'we can do whatever we want. @SoCal Deek

8.  Social media/artificial intelligence is at least partly responsible for this.   People get fed more of what they spend time on.  They see little and eventually none of what they skip over.  Then they see others who agree with their viewpoints.  It all feeds on itself.  @mattynh
9.  Large numbers of people of are incredibly gullible and are being manipulated like puppets. @mattynh
10.  Humans are territorial by nature.   @mattynh

11.  Killing unarmed people is wrong.  @Buffarukus

12.  Violent protests should be condemned.  @Buffarukus

13.  All people should be treated equally.  @Buffarukus

14.  We all need unity and to stop acting like we are supremely correct and the other side is supremely wrong... If you can't do that then you need a good long look at yourself. @Sherlock Holmes

15.  Prescription drug prices are priced too high. Lowering of that cost alone would benefit millions of Americans. Health issues aren't respecters of party affiliation. @Muppy

16.  A fairer way of parceling out the burden of taxation needs to be enacted. @Muppy

17.  Storming the capital is worse than looting a Target. @daz28

Edited by Tenhigh
BIG FAT FINGERS, sorry Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 4

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Republicans you know are not representative of the party as a whole.

It's pretty widely known that support of Trump in the Republican party was insanely high.

Now, maybe what you're actually saying is what I hear from my Bills fan friend who voted for Trump in that he doesn't like what he says, but he loves what he's been doing.

Even that's problematic, in all honesty.  The Trump policies are so closely tied in with who he is and what he says.

Why was it high?  Be specific if you will--give me top three or four. 

That's the question you as a filthy footed sandal wearing hippy stoner beach bum* need to answer. 

*We tease because we love.  I have a big nose and lazy eye--have at it. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Nah--you're on to something here.  The challenge is the format.  I engage often with folks that are left/far left, and nary a cross word between us.  Admittedly I haven't spoken to any this week, but I imagine it will go the same as it always does.  It's very easy to take swipes at another and dig your heels in when someone is not sitting across from you responding.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I was just about to go in and delete this thread, and decided I wanted to give it one last look before I killed it.  What  I saw really shocked me, and restored a sliver of faith in our future.  Upon further review, we seem to agree on a hell of a lot of things.    Leaving out why you think that the other side is terrible, and your side is right, can anyone dispute the below points?  

5.  People that stormed thru police and vandalized the Capitol should not be charged. @Big Blitz

Wait, I said they absolutely should be charged.  

I worded my response as "I don't know anyone that thinks these people should not be charged."  They absolutely should be.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Wait, I said they absolutely should be charged.  

I worded my response as "I don't know anyone that thinks these people should not be charged."  They absolutely should be.  

Sorry, I fixed it.  

19 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Honestly, I kinda think he has a point.  All Extremism is bad.  Absolutely.  And there are extremists on the far-left who should be condemned and penalized.

However, the very core of Trumpism really is to fight, not accept defeat, and not help others if it doesn't benefit yourself.

The only good that seems to be coming out of yesterday is that I think FINALLY Trump has lost his grip on the Republican party, which will now almost certainly be fractured as Trump's followers likely break off to try to create some 3rd party likely not named the Trumpsters Terrorism Party.

I hope that part is true.

I hope, but I doubt that it's true.

There will be a concerted effort by the old powers that be to reconstruct some version of the Republican Party as it existed before Trump's takeover -- a takeover that old guard largely allowed to happen (Wall Street Journal types, and I'm a subscriber, but maybe not for long) or even encouraged (the Lindsey Grahams who have now reverted to their 2015 opinion of Trump).

I don't know if it can happen. They may have forever lost the suburban upper middle class voters, and if you can't get them back, all that's left are the grievance-obsessed nationalist types.

I want it to happen. We need a credible opposition party to rein in the worst impulses of the Democratic Party, which now (thanks to Trump) controls the House, Senate, and White House. 

It starts with marginalizing Trump himself, and his idiot adult children. They should never be allowed to hobnob in polite society again.

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

2.  As a species, we should be beyond the point where we result to rioting and looting. 

5.  People that stormed thru police and vandalized the Capitol should ABSOLUTELY be charged. @Big Blitz

6.  We all want American children to grow up nourished, educated, and sent out into the world prepared to be more successful than we are. @reddogblitz

7.  What we need is more compromise, and less talk of winning all three branches so 'we can do whatever we want. @SoCal Deek

8.  Social media/artificial intelligence is at least partly responsible for this.   People get fed more of what they spend time on.  They see little and eventually none of what they skip over.  Then they see others who agree with their viewpoints.  It all feeds on itself.  @mattynh
9.  Large numbers of people of are incredibly gullible and are being manipulated like puppets. @mattynh

14.  We all need unity and to stop acting like we are supremely correct and the other side is supremely wrong... If you can't do that then you need a good long look at yourself. @Sherlock Holmes

15.  Prescription drug prices are priced too high. Lowering of that cost alone would benefit millions of Americans. Health issues aren't respecters of party affiliation. @Muppy

16.  A fairer way of parceling out the burden of taxation needs to be enacted. @Muppy

Sounds good to me!!! Great job!

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Can you add: An insurrection by domestic terrorists attempting to destroy the fabric of our representative elected system of government is NOT the same as the looting of a Target store by a group of citizens who perceive that injustice has been done to them for farr too long??  

13 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Can you add: An insurrection by domestic terrorists attempting to destroy the fabric of our representative elected system of government is NOT the same as the looting of a Target store by a group of citizens who perceive that injustice has been done to them for farr too long??  

Can you try and make it a little less provocative?  For some reason this post reminded me of the guy Tom in Its a Wonderful Life who said "ILL TAKE TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY TWO DOLLARS,  AND TWO HUNDRED FORTY TWO DOLLARS ISNT GOING TO RUIN ANYBODY!"  How about "storming the capital is worse than looting a Target"?

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Can you try and make it a little less provocative?  For some reason this post reminded me of the guy Tom in Its a Wonderful Life who said "ILL TAKE TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY TWO DOLLARS,  AND TWO HUNDRED FORTY TWO DOLLARS ISNT GOING TO RUIN ANYBODY!"  How about "storming the capital is worse than looting a Target"?

Fine, for this instance, but I like to lay things down in terms where it's very, very hard to dispute them.  

On 1/7/2021 at 12:46 PM, Tenhigh said:

Hello friends.  As an American, I'm almost physically ill at what has happened to our country.  I think we can all agree that this @$%^ has gotten out of hand.  It seems to me that too many people in this country have decided that their opinions are truths, and that ANYONE who disagrees with them are the enemy.  Hyperbole and name calling rule the day, and family members aren't speaking to each other based on their politics.  To me, it's time to say enough is enough.  If we continue down this path, which we can see is clearly happening even on a football message board, we're pretty much screwed as a society.  

We all need to try and find some common ground, and since we're all here for the same reason, I think this is as good a place to start as any.  So I'll start with a few and things I think we can all agree on, and maybe we can all go from there.

Please add on if you see fit.  Its' gotta be better than calling each other idiots.

I disagree with a ton of folks on this forum, but I can agree with them that our Bills are awesome.

• Like (+1) 2