Common Ground

Tenhigh

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Bruh, that has been Joe Biden's message since day one.  You can Google it yourself if you're being genuine.  Keep in mind also that Moscow Mitch, Trump and co.  CONSTANTLY talk about winning being a mandate by the people to do their bidding and implement their policies

While were here let's debunk the first myth of what the social Democrats will do to 'our' country.  ThE StOcK MaRkEt wIlL KrAsH!

You provided the same amount of proof of Antifa being inside the building as voter fraud.  1 case.  The problem lies in that the idiot Trump, OAN, and Newsmax crowd take that one example to create a complete false narrative that it was Antifa fueled.

Who cares...the point is if there is one Antifa member participating these dumb dumbs cannot say there were no Antifa members participating... 1+1 does not =0 like they would lead you to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Who cares...the point is if there is one Antifa member participating these dumb dumbs cannot say there were no Antifa members participating... 1+1 does not =0 like they would lead you to believe.

Again, I have no problem with you citing facts.  It's the surmised conspiracy theories that follow made by the 'common sense' crowd.  If Antifa was at fault here, then show me the proof.  Otherwise, stow it.

Just now, daz28 said:

Again, I have no problem with you citing facts.  It's the surmised conspiracy theories that follow made by the 'common sense' crowd.  If Antifa was at fault here, then show me the proof.  Otherwise, stow it.

I could care less who is at fault... it shouldn't have happened. I am not going to sit here and apologize for fellow Trump supporters actions the way these Antifa lovers do...  I'm not going to sit here and make excuses the way Dems and Antifa lovers do....

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I could care less who is at fault... it shouldn't have happened. I am not going to sit here and apologize for fellow Trump supporters actions the way these Antifa lovers do...  I'm not going to sit here and make excuses the way Dems and Antifa lovers do....

You mean like Biden does??    Biden condemns Antifa, violence 'across the board' amid riots | Fox News

Stop pulling nonsense out of your ying yang.  THIS is what I mean by idiots ignoring facts, and stating EASILY provable falsehoods.

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So much for common ground.   Can this at least remain a civil thread? 

Not if people are going to continue bold faced lying.  Should I just say that lies are true to keep things civil?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You mean like Biden does??    Biden condemns Antifa, violence 'across the board' amid riots | Fox News

Stop pulling nonsense out of your ying yang.  THIS is what I mean by idiots ignoring facts, and stating EASILY provable falsehoods.

Not if people are going to continue bold faced lying.  Should I just say that lies are true to keep things civil?

It's the insults, not needed by either side to disagree with someone, nor allowed in the TOS of this board.

Save it for the pats fans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Support of Trump in the Republican party was some crazy high number of 95% or something crazy just a few months ago. 

Are you getting this number from where the sun does shine?  If so, can you provide any proof? A link or something?

28 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

It's the insults, not needed by either side to disagree with someone, nor allowed in the TOS of this board.

Save it for the pats fans.

Calling a spade a spade is not an insult.  You can't disagree with a fact.  Alternative facts are what got us here.  Being nice to, and accepting people who are bold-faced liars got us here.  

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Are you getting this number from where the sun does shine?  If so, can you provide any proof? A link or something?

It's a well known fact that Trump has had support of Republicans by over 90% his whole term.  It's not hard to Google

20 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It's a well known fact that Trump has had support of Republicans by over 90% his whole term.  It's not hard to Google

It's not my job to prove your points. If it's so available you should be able to prove it. 

Edited by reddogblitz

22 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Calling a spade a spade is not an insult.  You can't disagree with a fact.  Alternative facts are what got us here.  Being nice to, and accepting people who are bold-faced liars got us here.  

Gotcha.   So should I just kill the thread or do we need more space to treat each other like a$$holes?

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It's not my job to prove your points. If it's so available you should be able to prove it. 

So your job is to just dispute everything w/o knowing if it's true or not?  Here's a neat one for you about Republicans:  The survey released by YouGov on Thursday morning found that 45 percent of Republican voters backed the attack on the Capitol building, while 43 percent said they "strongly or somewhat" opposed the protesters' behavior.  Cute, huh!

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you think that everything he has done in office is terrible?  

You can never say that about anyone.  But he's been an awful President.

Hell, he should be taking credit for the vaccine (even though he bungled SO MUCH of the entire Pandemic itself), but instead he can't stop talking about election fraud.

This guy was just horrible for our country in so many different ways.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Wow.... so you haven't paid ANY attention, have you?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

94% in September

94% from September-October

95% mid October (insane considering this was after that absolute debacle of a first debate)

90% in November AFTER the election!!!

87% in the first half of December which is just..... giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

94% in September

95% mid October (insane considering this was after that absolute debacle of a first debate)

I bang my head when I assure Trumpees there's a sun, and they look up in disbelief, because it's cloudy out.

• Haha (+1) 1

there is an issue I would think both sides of the aisle would be able to agree with is prescription drug prices being waaaay too high. Llowering of that cost alone would benefit millions of Americans. Health issues aren't respecters of party affiliation.

Healthcare in general is more of a quagmire but the issue I outlined above I would think is as important to both sides as any

• Like (+1) 3

as far as other financial concerns I would hope that it would be agreeable that the ultra rich not receive the tax breaks and loopholes they currently enjoy and that a fairer way of parceling out the burden of taxation be enacted.

Thats a more shaky ground premise but its one I would like to see implemented. The whole Trump taxes debacle to me hinged on he saying "he obeyed the law" when he did or did not legally pay zero taxes when in fact there were policies in place that inherently benefited the richest of the rich the ones most able to afford to pay including he and cronys of his aka billionaires.

If that is too open a can of worms pleas disregard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

94% in September

Thanks. I did not know.  

24 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I bang my head when I assure Trumpees there's a sun, and they look up in disbelief, because it's cloudy out.

I'm not a Trumpee if that's what you are insinuating.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

ultra rich not receive the tax breaks and loopholes they currently enjoy and that a fairer way of parceling out the burden of taxation be enacted.

Thats a more shaky ground premise but its one I would like to see implemented. The whole Trump taxes debacle to me hinged on he saying "he obeyed the law" when he did or did not legally pay zero taxes when in fact there were policies in place that inherently benefited the richest of the rich the ones most able to afford to pay including he and cronys of his aka billionaires.

If that is too open a can of worms pleas disregard.

cut trumps tax plan...i agree, it was a artificial way to boost the economy imo. is it even a cut if it was getting tossed on the deficit?

bidens plan tax the rich more...great! how do you stop them from just jacking up prices? taking it out on workforce pay. moving themselves and companies oversea, as been the trend? i don't think its as easy as he makes it sound.

everyone sees the tax the rich plan YAAAY! then downstream they are the ones that are paying the price. alot of the damage comes on as a slow silent boil. its so hard to not have that happen. hes not asked about that part for some reason. its surface level fixes like alot of his plans. noone seems to want to dig deeper into it for some reason.

its like when we read about a buisness penalized for dumping sewage. 100 million wow! thats great news! everyone is for a cleaner planet.

never hear that it saved them 500 million to do it. they make a profit to do it AND get caught..so they will roll those dice all day. but we sure feel good to read it. 

We need answers on these things or you end up with clinton extending loans to lower class...that results in banks predatory manipulation that almost crushes the entire economy. again lower middle class paid that price. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

94% in September

I looked into this a little more.  This is the normal for a first term President in The last 4 months of an election year since at least Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton

91, 86, 87, 91

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116584/presidential-approval-ratings-bill-clinton.aspx

W

95, 94, 96, 93

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

Obama

89, 92, 91, 93

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

That's why I don't pay too close attention to approval ratings.  Especially in party.

Doesn't mean they are all zombies. It's politics.  Rally around your person in the last few months before an election cuz the other person would be way worse.

Yeah I know, but it's Trump.

Hang in, we got less than 2 weeks to go.

Edited by reddogblitz

34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I looked into this a little more.  This is the normal for a first term President in The last 4 months of an election year since at least Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton

91, 86, 87, 91

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116584/presidential-approval-ratings-bill-clinton.aspx

W

95, 94, 96, 93

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

Obama

89, 92, 91, 93

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

That's why I don't pay too close attention to approval ratings.  Especially in party.

Doesn't mean they are all zombies. It's politics.  Rally around your person in the last few months before an election cuz the other person would be way worse.

Those Presidents were just better in their first terms than Trump.

This was an interesting exercise, though. You doubted my statement and asked for proof. I provided requested proof.

Then in an effort to validate your own beliefs you sought evidence you could use to counter that proof.

There's a big difference between those other Presidents and Trump. It's Covid and our current Economy. We lost 4,000+ Americans today and have lost 375,000 since the Pandemic began less than a year ago and all Trump cares about are his false claims of a rigged election.

400,000 Americans will have died because of Covid under Trump's watch by the time he's finally out of office.

Is there even a REMOTELY similar situation among the 3 cited 1st term Presidents?

I appreciate the initial acknowledgement even if you couldn't quite sustain it, but it might be best to accept how terrible he is.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1